India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
muhammad_inzi said:
its tea now pak is 26/0 and 33 runs lead

Didnt andrew say that posting just the current situation of the match is 'spamming'?

siddharth2002 said:
I see India chasing 300 +-.

Definitely, I agree on that!

I am sure both teams would exercise more caution now into their batting. They both have been scoring at over 4 runs per over. It has to slow down. I am sure Pakistan will set a target of 300 or so!

The highest fourth innings target chased on this ground is 315....

Pakistan is completely back in this game after early disaster on day one. Great century of Akmal really did the thing for Pakistan. I'm sure Pakistan will set India lead around 300+. This is going to be a great test match! India will be fighting to save the test where Pakistan will be eyeing to win it. Great stuff by Pathan with the bat once again!

They won't be fighting to save it, and definitely not at this stage, that's an extremely negative outlook so early on, they'll be attacking to win it.

Pakistan off to a great start! 42/0 and lead of 49. Come on India!!! We need some quick wickets!

EDIT: oh no.. Farhat and Butt are hitting boundaries quite easily. Is the pitch as same as on day one? Pakistan off to great start. Both of the batsmen are looking dangerous.

Last edited:
muhammad_inzi said:
i hope both pak opner make hundred
One of them will as I feel, but don't know if both will. Pakistan is favoring to win this one. 300+ will be very difficult to chase on day 4 especially when Shoaib bowls. Indian batting let them down this time. They could have batted much better.

Dhoni said:
One of them will as I feel, but don't know if both will. Pakistan is favoring to win this one. 300+ will be very difficult to chase on day 4 especially when Shoaib bowls. Indian batting let them down this time. They could have batted much better.

well its all about green pitch

Pakistan is close to 100 runs lead with out losing any wicket. Looks like Butt and Farhat aren't going to get out. Kumble bowling very poorly.

My first post in this thread since this match started. What an awesome test match this has been so far. When Irfan got that hat trick, which btw is arguably the most high profile hat trick since Aaqib Javed's, I lost hope right away, knowing how Pakistan have a habit of just collapsing after such a thing. Especially with no Inzi and both Younis and Yousuf gone, Pakistan had no chance.

Of course I was proven wrong by one Kamran Akmal. We watched through thousands of boring runs and 12 boring centuries and we were finally rewarded with Kami's masterpiece, which could not have come at a better time for Pakistan.

As if a top order hat trick and a magnificent century wasn't enough, we got to see a top order collapse of the second best batting team in the world, which included, arguably, the ball of the series by Mohammed Asif to VVS Laxman.

All this on day one.

Dada and Ifran strikes for India. Both of the openers gone for Pakistan, but a good start.

I think even 350 is chaseable .
I know u won`t believe what Iam saying after all the wickets that have fallen.

One thing about these so called greentops in the subcontinent is that thay become flat tracks on Days 3,4 and 5.
Also, the covering of gras helps to bing the pitch well and the deterioration i not as rapid as otherwise.

aditya123 said:
I think even 350 is chaseable .
I know u won`t believe what Iam saying after all the wickets that have fallen.

One thing about these so called greentops in the subcontinent is that thay become flat tracks on Days 3,4 and 5.
Also, the covering of gras helps to bing the pitch well and the deterioration i not as rapid as otherwise.
Interesting comment. I wonder if the pitch will be any help to spinners by day 5.

Well well, India all out for 238 and Pakistan going pretty nicely with a lead of 180 already, having lost only the openers. I am pretty happy with Razzaq's bowling, as he was quoted to have lost all of his sting and has proved his critics wrong both with his batting and bowling. Mohammad Asif is a fantastic find for Pakistan...he can swing the ball and just needs to get a bit quicker as Waqar was mentioning and he will be pretty dangerous then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread