India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni said:
I think Pakistan have a better chance of winning this one. Just watch, tomorrow they'll be playing like in ODI. Afridi, Akmal and Razzaq will be hitting those big shots. Pakistan will have lead of 400+ and will let India bat for 15-20 overs tomorrow and day 5; and that's enough time to bowl all out India. Pakistan will win the series 1-0.
Man of the series: Younis Khan
Man of the match: Kamran Akmal

15-20 overs tomorrow and Day 5? You have conveniently forgotten Day 4. Remember, only 2 days have been done in this test yet! We still have 3 more days of test match remaining! Pakistan dont need to go for the big shots tomorrow itself. They can keep playing normal cricket and play out tomorrow and declare one hour into the post lunch session on Day 4 and give themselves 4 and a half sessions to bowl out India!

But if India can get them all out soon by 350 or 360, they have a good chance because of a lot of time happening!

I wouldn't put blind confidence on the Indian batting chasing up to 350 in the fourth innings. Kaneria didn't bowl a single ball in the first innings. Is he playing? If he is, he could definitely chip in with a wicket or two in the second. It also means that Pakistan will be able to bowl more overs.

I think Akmal deserves man of the match for this game, especially if Pakistan win. From 39/6, nay 0/3, to get into a match-winning position takes a gem of an innings.

Ganguly has proved to be more than useful for this test match. 3rd highest score for India and gets the big wicket of Butt.
Pakistan definitely in the box seat as it looks like the pitch has settled down and Pakistan 2 form batters are at the crease.

Kaneria is playing but it was a pacemen pitch early on. Expect lots of overs from him in the 2nd inns.

First hour will b crucial, moisture in the air will help the ball swing better. India can still win this game judging by their current form.

Pakistan should look for 450ish.. and declare 1st session 4th day, not tommorw but I doubt that Pakistan will make it the whole day, but as they are going now, they should get 400.

Terrific Bowling by Asif & Razzaq. Still...I sincerely believe that India can pull itself out of this.

donkey said:
First hour will b crucial, moisture in the air will help the ball swing better. India can still win this game judging by their current form.

If India can pick early wickets in the first session of Day 3 (say 3 to 4 wickets), they would be well back into this game with a bang! If Pakistan lose just a single wicket and score 100+ runs, then India merge deeper into trouble!

All eyes on today's first session!

prarara said:
Terrific Bowling by Asif & Razzaq. Still...I sincerely believe that India can pull itself out of this.

I too think India will!

I hope Kumble is not a weapon for us today because if Kumble can manage wickets, then Kaneria can also manage to get wickets which wont be a good sign for our batsmen who might be chasing a big score here!

Kumble picking up wickets doesn't necessarily mean Kaneria will--in fact quite the opposite. Kumble picking up wickets would mean mainly variable bounce, which would actually help the Pakistani pacemen more. However, I think that if Pakistan manage to get to about 400 on this pitch, then India will be able to win/draw it. That said, I don't think the Pakistanis will make more than about 300-350 runs, unless the pitch is really counter-intuitive.

Seeing from how this Test series has gone, I won't predict anything. ;)

Don't what you guys think but Ganguly has impressed me with both the bat and ball. Don't understand why he want for the hook while he was in control with the bat. But with the ball, if Ganguly can get such LBW's, I think Pakistani bowlers can make use of the pitch too, like they've shown.

From the Pakistani side I can say the same about Farhat. Don't understand why he wanted to pull that one. He was having a great time with the bat. So far I am impressed with his batting skills. Especially since he is more a gap finder and tries to hit it there. But Asif was unlucky to get more wickets in the previous match, but in this match he has shown he is a great prospect for the future.

ZexyZahid said:
Seeing from how this Test series has gone, I won't predict anything. ;)

Don't what you guys think but Ganguly has impressed me with both the bat and ball. Don't understand why he want for the hook while he was in control with the bat. But with the ball, if Ganguly can get such LBW's, I think Pakistani bowlers can make use of the pitch too, like they've shown.

From the Pakistani side I can say the same about Farhat. Don't understand why he wanted to pull that one. He was having a great time with the bat. So far I am impressed with his batting skills. Especially since he is more a gap finder and tries to hit it there. But Asif was unlucky to get more wickets in the previous match, but in this match he has shown he is a great prospect for the future.

Definitely! Ganguly now doesnt need to prove it to anyone! See his last 3 innings in test matches

Every innings that he got to play, he has made a satisfactory score! He looks increasingly solid and determined at the crease with every passing innings! His determination to do well has finally come to the fore and it now remains!

May be we can do this now to Tendulkar who seems to be losing his mental strength! 14 and 23 doesnt sound good at all. And that too against a Pakistani attack over which he has the hold for! He has carted Akthar many a time and the rest of the bowlers do not have any hold over him! I feel he needs to re-assess his role in the team! Chappell should re-assess Sachin's role. The role of a mentor doesnt suit him! He should be given some different role! I am still a huge fan of Sachin but I dont like to listen stupid comments about how its the beginning of his end, etc. And his scores so far are only adding power to such comments!

sohummisra said:
Kumble picking up wickets doesn't necessarily mean Kaneria will--in fact quite the opposite. Kumble picking up wickets would mean mainly variable bounce, which would actually help the Pakistani pacemen more. However, I think that if Pakistan manage to get to about 400 on this pitch, then India will be able to win/draw it. That said, I don't think the Pakistanis will make more than about 300-350 runs, unless the pitch is really counter-intuitive.

I think India batting is due for a much better innings on the second round! They can play spin and they would also have a much better knowledge of how the Pakistani bowlers can do on this pitch! So cant say anything still!

If India gets to bat for few overs today they must not lose any wickets at the end of the day; and if they do lose 2-3 wickets by end of the day then Pakistan will have a better chance of winning. Rahul will be the key for India and he needs to play a big inning this time.

Dhoni said:
If India gets to bat for few overs today they must not lose any wickets at the end of the day; and if they do lose 2-3 wickets by end of the day then Pakistan will have a better chance of winning. Rahul will be the key for India and he needs to play a big inning this time.

Lets not go there! Let the Pakistani batting first complete! It all depends on the target and the time left!

muhammad_inzi said:
good prediction but man of the match i think pathan
Man of the match means the player who wins the game for you and if Pakistan wins Akmal should be the man of the match for his brilliant century under tremendous pressure. Pakistan wouldn't have been in this position if Akmal wouldn't score that century.

Dhoni said:
Man of the match means the player who wins the game for you and if Pakistan wins Akmal should be the man of the match for his brilliant century under tremendous pressure. Pakistan wouldn't have been in this position if Akmal wouldn't score that century.

But why dont we wait for the result then start ur prediction!!!! howz that???
But the match could be draw!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread