India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inzi

Pak_cricketer said:
Inzi has a very impressive track record, A 60% percent rate is the higher than most captains today including Ricky Ponting who has a success rate of 53%.

Pakistan have looked way better than ever before, as This team has won almost all of the tours since Pakistan were in Australia. That was 1 and a half years from now. We have never been a stornger team!

Inzi is a Class Act!!! I think his contribution to Pakistan Cricket has been tremendous. Inzi's won two Test Series against the world's best pace attack - England, and the world's best batting line-up India.
The man's a gentleman, I am totally impressed by his generosity in praising India after the ODI series win.

I was just watching the highlights and OMG...this guy Raina is a classic player. BEAUTIFUL boundaries! Lovely foot work and the way he bats is beautiful. I want Raina to bat on top of the order in the 5th and final game. I bet he'll make a ton. He's wayyy better than Gambhair and his technique.

Pak_cricketer said:
Inzi has a very impressive track record, A 60% percent rate is the higher than most captains today including Ricky Ponting who has a success rate of 53%.

Pakistan have looked way better than ever before, as This team has won almost all of the tours since Pakistan were in Australia. That was 1 and a half years from now. We have never been a stornger team!

Going by stats , Salem Malik was the most successful Pak Captain!

Inzi isn't the ideal guy to lead the Pak OD team, he has been messing up the Pak batting order, and simply isn't the guy who can motivate the team.If Younis Khan get the backing of PCB then i believe he can become a better captain of pak OD side.

s2sschan said:
Inzi is a Class Act!!! I think his contribution to Pakistan Cricket has been tremendous. Inzi's won two Test Series against the world's best pace attack - England, and the world's best batting line-up India.
The man's a gentleman, I am totally impressed by his generosity in praising India after the ODI series win.

Actually Younis Khan led the team that won the test match against India!!

There is no doubt that Inzi is a class batsman, and i'm in favour of retaining him as the captain of test team for sometime, but i think it will be better if Pakistan OD team is led by Younis Khan.

s2sschan said:

Well he has to! Or else, he will be criticised for not crediting India! I have seen some former Pakistani players not give credit to India for their victories against Pakistan!

I dont think Inzy is a bad captain! I think facing India brings out a negative mindset in him which doesnt work out for the team's good. But this is going to be his final home test 'n ODI series against India! The next series btw these two countries scheduled in Pakistan will be in 2010 and by that time, Inzy should not be here (barring a miracle)!

saisrini80 said:
Well he has to! Or else, he will be criticised for not crediting India! I have seen some former Pakistani players not give credit to India for their victories against Pakistan!

he wouldn't give a damn about being criticized in India for giving Indians credit or not, all he would care about is the reaction in Pakistan.Its much easier for a playing captain to give credit to opposing team, but very difficult to accept one's own mistakes.And knowing Inzi , he would never accept his mistakes!

saisrini80 said:

I dont think Inzy is a bad captain! I think facing India brings out a negative mindset in him which doesnt work out for the team's good. But this is going to be his final home test 'n ODI series against India! The next series btw these two countries scheduled in Pakistan will be in 2010 and by that time, Inzy should not be here (barring a miracle)!

next series will be in what do you think who will will win
haha ;)

too early to predict anything.

Inzi is not a bad captain but not as effectively active in the field. He has changed, since the Bangalore test and that has been good for Pakistan. Even his pre-match speech and backing up players is quite positive.
Younis will definitely make a better captain, aggressive thinking and he can survive in pressure situations, something Inzi hasn't done very often.

Congratulations to India winning the series. They posed a great fightback.

Although I would like to blame the loss a lot on the Pakistani batsmen. It wasn't that much responsible batting lately.

Also congratulations to the Pakistani and Indian fans (also others who participated). After some lately fighting we can jointly cheer about something. We have now 3625 posts. We beat the Ashes thread, which was on 3599. :happy

Dhoni said:
I was just watching the highlights and OMG...this guy Raina is a classic player. BEAUTIFUL boundaries! Lovely foot work and the way he bats is beautiful. I want Raina to bat on top of the order in the 5th and final game. I bet he'll make a ton. He's wayyy better than Gambhair and his technique.

I also watched the higlights, a very talented young left hander, if I'm right he scored 90 odd in 38 deliveries in the 2004 under19 world cup, Raina is also a very useful off-spinner and a brilliant feilder, Indias feilding is awesome now.

gambino said:
they arent talking about old teams like 50 years ago!!
they are talking about the teams competing in this series!!
and in this series pakistan is the superior team,
when inzi,yousof score less than 10 then that is underperforming!!
we only need one of these 2 to click and we will win the match!!

Is that underperformance or inabilty to play the moving ball ??????????

India have improved as an ODI side now, and I expect them to win the onedayers at home against England as well. The test series can go either way though.

My congrats to all Indian fans out their..... they played better so they deserved to win no question about that it was a really nice series would have been better for me if we have won :)...

jan said:
next series will be in what do you think who will will win
haha ;)

first of all, when is the next series? it will be in 2010... we will may be play odi's on a frequent basis and in multi starrer tournaments like icc champions trophy, etc

ZexyZahid said:
Congratulations to India winning the series. They posed a great fightback.

Although I would like to blame the loss a lot on the Pakistani batsmen. It wasn't that much responsible batting lately.

Also congratulations to the Pakistani and Indian fans (also others who participated). After some lately fighting we can jointly cheer about something. We have now 3625 posts. We beat the Ashes thread, which was on 3599. :happy

Thanks! Yes, it has been great discussing on this series. Though this series cant match up to its earlier 2004 version, still it was great to discuss about on!

Indiangod said:
I also watched the higlights, a very talented young left hander, if I'm right he scored 90 odd in 38 deliveries in the 2004 under19 world cup, Raina is also a very useful off-spinner and a brilliant feilder, Indias feilding is awesome now.

Why is Raina not being groomed as a useful off spinner? I think Dravid should be thinking abt it soon enough! He is a very talented boy! He is brilliant on the field, he is excellent with the bat. His off spin needs to be groomed to make him the much needed utility player to have along with Irfan Pathan! Its always good to have such utility players!

And Sachin Tendulkar needs more bowling to do! He is tremendous with the ball in the two matches at Lahore and Multan! His inswingers and outswingers were a treat to watch! Cant just forget that delivery which he bowled to Rana Naved at Multan. Though he didnt get a wicket off it, if you had seen it, the ball swung viciously into Naved and he just survived by pushing it to third man. Sachin has real talent in bowling and should be used intelligently!

m_vaughan said:
India have improved as an ODI side now, and I expect them to win the onedayers at home against England as well. The test series can go either way though.

Same here! Indians have leap frogged in the ODI arena with stellar performances! Beating England would be a cherished moment because England is always one of the top sides of the game!

Cant just forget that delivery which he bowled to Rana Naved at Multan. Though he didnt get a wicket off it, if you had seen it, the ball swung viciously into Naved and he just survived by pushing it to third man.
I saw it, great ball :)

Who will follow the 5th ODI and who will follow the U-19 final between Pakistan and India? They are almost on the same time.

Start for the 5th ODI is at 04:30 GMT. For the U-19 World Cup Final it's 08:30 GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread