India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
harishankar said:
Younis Khan seems to fancy India. Except in this ODI series, he has played phenomenally against India. So maybe against India alone he should be the captain.

I just think that Inzi's luck against India is not the best especially when playing at home.
he's just had a few bad odi's,
the 2004 series was one of his best odi series of his career,
playing against india normally is his best luck,
hopefully for us pakistani's he will be back to his best in next odi!!

Congratulations to India, they completely out performed Pakistan in this whole one day series. Pakistan have not played to their true potential, clearly the case, though I'd rather give the credit to the Indians: they didn't allow Pakistan to play well. Their fielding is what has struck me the most: its incredible, better than most teams in international cricket.

Its not all gloom and doom for Pakistan, however, I still believe Pakistan is one of the top teams in world cricket and are on the asendency and, through the series standings, and all Indian fans, will contradict it, there is not much to choose between the two teams.

What was heartening today was the bowling spell of Mohd. Sami, he was quick, swung the ball and looked like taking wickets, I'm a huge fan of this guy and I always thought he got given a raw deal when he wasn't picked for the majority of the series, another example of some bewlidering tactics.

Strangely enough, I think it will do Pakistan some good to have lost this one day series, they looked far too arrogant and high minded in the first two games and this 'sobering' will hopefully bring about better results and a more professional attitude, as this is in essence still a growing team and not the finished product. They have played well in patches througout the one day series (Butt's hundred, Malik's batting and Mohd. Asif's incisive spells with the new ball) and although they have lost this one day series they really played well to win the test series and I am confident that their next one day outing (in a full series) will be a successfull one.

I will not say so much about India's players as other forum members will be more suited to do so, just once again congratulations but a word of warning: you are only as good as your last performance and victories are quickly clouded by a few losses.

The major difference was that the Pakistani batsmen who are so used to tonking around the Indian spinners in the middle overs were deprived of this benefit and the seamers maintained the pressure all the time. As I said before Pakistan badly missed Harbhajan Singh :p

The major difference was that the Pakistani batsmen who are so used to tonking around the Indian spinners in the middle overs were deprived of this benefit and the seamers maintained the pressure all the time. As I said before Pakistan badly missed Harbhajan Singh

This is also partly true.

Congratulations to the Indian cricket team. We should continue building up our momentum before the series in England. I won't begin quoting frenetically---yet. :)

harishankar said:
The major difference was that the Pakistani batsmen who are so used to tonking around the Indian spinners in the middle overs were deprived of this benefit and the seamers maintained the pressure all the time. As I said before Pakistan badly missed Harbhajan Singh :p

I believe Harbhajan is our most economical bowler in ODIs. Its usually he who stops the free flow of runs in the middle overs, and not the seamers.

I don't think Harbhajan would have troubled the Pakistani batsmen in this series. Particularly looking at the pitch conditions...

Good Win for India and great that they have closed the series down at Multan itself.

To the Pakistani fans,
Iam a huge fan of your team and the way they play their cricket .
Pakistan are a really upcoming side in world cricket and will be a real force under Woolmer in the WC2007.
I cannot think of a side in world cricket who can boast of pacemen like Asif,Shoaib,Sami,Rana,Razzaq,Gul,Ifthikar,Arafat and a spinner like Danish !
An ODI series defeat does not make them a bad side .
If ou remember, they were in sim ilar positions against England but India being a more superior ODI side , did not allow Pakistan to come back.

Now, about the Indian side.
We must not go over the top about the Inian win and complacency is something we must guard against.
The last time we won an ODI series against Pakistan in 2004, we became over confident after the break of 3 months and had a tough period to follow. Iam sure, Chappel will not let that happen now.

Tendulkar getting back to form makes this lineup look so much better.
Yuvraj is in majestic touch and Dhoni has been a revelation.

Pathan has got back with the ball and now is looking like a Pathan of the old.
RP.Singh has the wicket taking ability.

The World Cup 2007 is just an year away .
We need to keep carrying on in such a manner and they will be real contenders.

India on top, and it went all opposite of what I though (most of the people ??) that India will win test series and Pakistan ODI.

I have heard enough of this that "Pakistan underperformed". They are not crediting India for their win. Even in test series India played well and bounced back in first two test matches. They nearly won the first ODI. All the people who thinks that Pakistan team didn't play to their potential are wrong. It was Indian team who put them in so much pressure with their bowling,fielding and batting.
This Pakistan team have not been tested in foreign conditions yet. India on the other hand have played some brilliant test cricket in the last 3 years abroad also.
I am waiting for Pakistan tour of England where the ball will be swinging and batsman like Younis Khan and Shoaib Malik will be finding it tough. Winning the home series doesn't make you a champion.If you want to become a champion beat the teams in their backyard. Will Pakistan beat England in England?
Many people made comparisons b/w Afridi and Dhoni or Sehwag.Dhoni and Sehwag both have played some match winning knocks for India.But Afridi only scores when there are so much runs on the board. Take the example of first two test matches where Afridi came to bat when Pakistan have already 400 runs on the board.
But when Pakistan were in trouble in third test match he failed.
Pakistan's real test will be starting from Sri Lankan tour. Sri Lanka have a tough time recently against India,New Zealand and Australia so they don't want to lose the home series against Pakistan.Sri Lanka have a good home record.

Last edited:
gaurav_indian said:
I have heard enough of this that "Pakistan underperformed". They are not crediting India for their win. Even in test series India played well and bounced back in first two test matches. They nearly won the first ODI. All the people who thinks that Pakistan team didn't play to their potential are wrong. It was Indian team who put them in so much pressure with their bowling,fielding and batting.
This Pakistan team have not been tested in foreign conditions yet. India on the other hand have played some brilliant test cricket in the last 3 years abroad also.
I am waiting for Pakistan tour of England where the ball will be swinging and batsman like Younis Khan and Shoaib Malik will be finding it tough. Winning the home series doesn't make you a champion.If you want to become a champion beat the teams in their backyard. Will Pakistan beat England in England?
Many people made comparisons b/w Afridi and Dhoni or Sehwag.Dhoni and Sehwag both have played some match winning knocks for India.But Afridi only scores when there are so much runs on the board. Take the example of first two test matches where Afridi came to bat when Pakistan have already 400 runs on the board.
But when Pakistan were in trouble in third test match he failed.
Pakistan's real test will be starting from Sri Lankan tour. Sri Lanka have a tough time recently against India,New Zealand and Australia so they don't want to lose the home series against Pakistan.Sri Lanka have a good home record.
and how long has it been since india won a series outside the subcontinent?

India have not won the series outside the subcontinent you are right.But I am only answering to some of you guys who are saying that Pakistan underperformed, they
can't lose to India.If Pakistan is a champion side then prove it. I am not saying that India played well abroad but you can check the last three years record that we beat
the Australians in Australia and England in England. We nearly won the test series in
Australia, we gave them a tough fight at there home. Now could you please tell me
when Pakistan team won the test match in Australia. India performs better then any other sub continent teams abroad.

jazz said:
it is possible just put him as a super sub and play 5 bowlers.

i think india should play all their bowlers for the last game to do some experiments

well, i doubt dravid or chappell would be keen to do that! but that wud be good if they do it!

they arent talking about old teams like 50 years ago!!
they are talking about the teams competing in this series!!
and in this series pakistan is the superior team,
when inzi,yousof score less than 10 then that is underperforming!!
we only need one of these 2 to click and we will win the match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread