India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam 116/4 Kaif out for a duck, Pakistan can get the game into thier hands, yes I'm very worried too, Pakistan got a reputation of winning games that was snathed away from them.

Also Suresh almost lucky got edged and went over to the third fence otherwise 5th wicket would have been gone. Hope India can finish it.

Darn the Druve is out. We need to be careful yet aggressive.

...but in walks Dhoni!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Raina's batting; he's playing well. I would call that lbw decision on Dravid iffy as well, but it goes as it goes.

Raina is in much better form than Kaif at the moment. It was strange decision to see Kaif in before Raina considering his poor run of form..

Great win! Multan is proving to be a happy hunting ground for India! :)

WAH! WAH! WAH! WAH! WHAT A WIN THIS IS FOR INDIA!

Absolutely terrific! A total team effort! Well, this team is on its way to being a very strong contender for the World Cup! The team has fantastic youngsters and great senior players who lend valuable experience! The fielding is top notch, the batting is almost the best in the world and the bowling is ever improving!

If ever there is a weak area, its to an extent 'bowling' and not finishing off advantageous positions! well we did it here but still we need to do it often to get rid of that tag!

All players deserve praise! But most of my praise goes to Sachin Tendulkar! The big man of India has bounced back! And Dravid used Tendulkar superbly in this series! In this match and the previous match, Tendulkar was asked to bowl medium pace and bowled it very effectively! Both occasions, he picked the big wicket INZAMAM!

His batting is back to almost its best! He is our MENTOR!

Dravid's captaincy is first rate! I thought he was not able to use the Super Sub rule effectively! But since the rule itself is going for a toss, wont blame Dravid for not coming into terms with the rule. He is a great calming influence and he is an added technically gifted player! The captain playing it out there in the middle for winning it or saving it for the team is a huge boost to the players and its great that Dravid is our captain!

Well, detailed review later! All played fantastic cricket!

SURESH RAINA IS GOING TO PLAY TEST CRICKET AND WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL TEST BATSMAN!

The above statement might be open for argument, but I say this because in this knock of 35, Suresh Raina looked technically solid and compact and it was amazing to see him give respect to the good balls and tonk the loose deliveries to the fence! There is not many flaws that one can pick from his batting! He has a good aggressive temperament and is a fresh young leg! He will definitely play test cricket and will be successful also! Mark my words! He will esp. do well in tougher nations like Australia, South Africa, England, etc

Its bad that the team did not avail a replacement for Sehwag! Now Sachin has to play the final ODI as the team doesnt have a batting option left in the reserves! It would be good to give Sachin a break in the final ODI but its now not possible!

saisrini80 said:
Its bad that the team did not avail a replacement for Sehwag! Now Sachin has to play the final ODI as the team doesnt have a batting option left in the reserves! It would be good to give Sachin a break in the final ODI but its now not possible!

it is possible just put him as a super sub and play 5 bowlers.

i think india should play all their bowlers for the last game to do some experiments

Some excellent post-match analysis by Imran Khan and Nasser Hussein along with Sanjay.

I think the point that Imran keeps hammering is that Pakistan have misused their resources and were employing the wrong strategy. I find that a little hard to digest as he doesn't seem too keen to credit India's performance. But that's understandable. I simply think that Pakistan didn't play well: simple as that. They tried a different approach in batting today, but it just didn't work thanks to the relentless pressure exerted by an all-seam Indian attack. I think Pakistan miss Harbhajan Singh (that's right Pakistan, not India! :p) and miss the chance to hit the spinners out of the ground. The relentless pressure exerted by four seamers in slightly helpful conditions have found their batsmen short. I think that India got it perfectly right when they decided that the Pakistani weakness was their batting against seam bowling in slightly helpful conditions and played an all-seam attack.

But Nasser Hussein I think made some great observations. First of all, this Indian team needs to experiment a bit more and try and defend a target at Karachi. It's a gamble, but the series is in the bag and what better opportunity to develop a world cup squad then by testing these new players under different conditions.

India need to analyse exactly why they won and analyse any areas of concerns if necessary. Pakistan on the other hand, just need a win at Karachi to lift their spirits up.

I personally think that Younis Khan should be Pakistan's ODI captain and probably Inzamam should be retained as Test captain. Younis Khan is much more energetic on the field and his aggressive approach also works wonders on the team. We saw that in the Test Match at Karachi how this different approach produced a great result for Pakistan.

but younis doesnt score runs in odi's so most people would be against this!!
anyway we expect inzi to stay captain till world cup or till he retires though!!
and the captaincy brings out the best in inzi even if we havent seen it so far this series!!

obvious thing pakistan should do is substitute inzi when they start fielding or he puts himself in slips which is his best position and younis in the field!!

Younis Khan seems to fancy India. Except in this ODI series, he has played phenomenally against India. So maybe against India alone he should be the captain.

I just think that Inzi's luck against India is not the best especially when playing at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread