India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni,in which TV channel do u watch cricket in China.

Pak_cricketer said:
Woah buddy!
Yousuf- Some how always preforms againest India :p
Akthar- Main Threat for India, way better than ever this man!

I can talk good about everyone in our team at the momment as they've won a series! (Gangugly, won't get runs. We have a good record against him!:p) Just cause they've been preforming that way doesn't mean they will continue! Its a whole new series againest 2 totaly changed teams form when they met last time!
Yousuf-- Irfan`s bunny !
Akthar -- Remind him of Sehwag and Sachin and the year 2003 (not to forget Multan 2004) !

aditya123 said:
Yousuf-- Irfan`s bunny !
Akthar -- Remind him of Sehwag and Sachin and the year 2003 (not to forget Multan 2004) !

Good one Aditya. I remember once Pathan dissed Yousuf by throwing lovely deliveries which Yousuf can't attacked the ball of Pathan. And Yousuf got pissed off and said something to Pathan. But he didn't back he instead said something to him in his face. Don't know I thought the fight is gonna happen. But then ICC charge a penalty on both of them. 50% to Yousuf and 25% to Pathan. Don't exactly remember.

inzi and shoaib will be key players. we dont expet much from yousaf anyway. younis khan and afridi have the best record against india. and only time can tell what will happen

muhammad_inzi said:
i dont think they telescast cricket in china

Yap He is right. One of my friend name Aashish lives in China. He told me in im that no live cricket telecast in China.

I guess he watches it online or something.

I don't agree with your reasons, saisrini80. Sehwag isn't in the team because he's a superstar, it is because he's a matchwinner. He may be going through a rough patch at the moment but he can definitely take the game away in a single session.

Who is Mohammad Yousuf? Is he Yousuf Youhana? I ask because I remember something about Youhana changing his religion to Islam. Pakistan look in hot form at the moment.

Another thing--about Jaffer and Gambhir. Both are really attacking and aggressive openers in first class cricket. However, in the test version, they are overshadowed by Sehwag's attacking instincts. I just hope that whoever opens with Sehwag doesn't falter by trying to match Sehwag's intentions. It's easy to get carried away when the guy at the other end is going hammer and tongs.

sohummisra said:
Who is Mohammad Yousuf? Is he Yousuf Youhana? I ask because I remember something about Youhana changing his religion to Islam. Pakistan look in hot form at the moment.
He is Yousuf Youhana, yes. He changed his name for some reason.

sohummisra said:
Another thing--about Jaffer and Gambhir. Both are really attacking and aggressive openers in first class cricket. However, in the test version, they are overshadowed by Sehwag's attacking instincts. I just hope that whoever opens with Sehwag doesn't falter by trying to match Sehwag's intentions. It's easy to get carried away when the guy at the other end is going hammer and tongs.

I still think Jaffer should open with Sehwag.........There's no way Sehwag's gonna be dropped against Pakistan, he's our vice-captain, he has a terrific record against them and Greg Chappel seems to like him....Gambhir and Jaffer should be given a chance in our practice match before the test series, with whoever looks the more convincing, a place in the test squad

sahassaigal said:
I still think Jaffer should open with Sehwag.........There's no way Sehwag's gonna be dropped against Pakistan, he's our vice-captain, he has a terrific record against them and Greg Chappel seems to like him....Gambhir and Jaffer should be given a chance in our practice match before the test series, with whoever looks the more convincing, a place in the test squad
Sehwag has not failed in tests for a long enough period to be dropped
The last big test series we featured in before the SRL series was against Pakistan and he had scores of 173,83,201,38 following it up with scores of 48,37 v Zim and a 78 Vs Australia (Super Series) .
He played just 3 innings against Sri Lanka and topscored for the team in one of the three.

If the above performances call for him being dropped, then fans need to have a serious rethink of their cricket knowledge .
Sehwag might have failed to convert starts to big scores but I feel people are confusing his ODI efforts with his test performances .
He will be the biggest threat to Pakistan and is a type of batsman who can set the whole game up for Inia. Iam sure Inzamam and other Pakistan fans will agree.
Sehwag has been the most consistent Indian batsman against Pakistan .

Pak_cricketer said:
Woah buddy!

Salman- Tremendous Opener! Did very well againest England!
Malik- He had a tremendous tour when he went to India!
Younis- Was the most consitent batsman againest India last year!
Akmal- Just like Dhoni, 2 concecutive centuries! Geat form so far.
Inzy- Spinners?? He'll smack any spinner out of the park. But he must be carefull early on as his footwork is a little slow.
Yousuf- Some how always preforms againest India :p
Akthar- Main Threat for India, way better than ever this man!
Rana- Our Swing bowler-- Like Pathan...
Razzaq- Tremendous hitter! and yet he can play as slow as a turtle!
Afridi- More consitent then ever. He now takes it easy in test cricket, and doesn't throw his wicket like crazy.
Sami- Needs to improve, but he has a lot of pace!

I can talk good about everyone in our team at the momment as they've won a series! (Gangugly, won't get runs. We have a good record against him!:p) Just cause they've been preforming that way doesn't mean they will continue! Its a whole new series againest 2 totaly changed teams form when they met last time!

yes......yes......and...yes //..... :D :cheers

aditya123 said:
Yousuf-- Irfan`s bunny !
Akhtar has been bowling with a lot more passion and has been using his head a lot more, too. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in this series.

saisrini80 said:
We must speak something realistic! Sehwag wont be dropped for sure! He has become a superstar and more importantly, Chappell has developed a liking for him! So its highly impossible for Sehwag to be dropped at this juncture! He is also the vice captain and in case Dravid is indisposed, Sehwag has to lead as he has some experience as captain (and a 100% success record as captain!).

I don't want Sehwag to be dropped either. He is a batsman who can win games singlehandedly. Great hand-eye co-ordination. He needs a bit of application but there is no other opening batsman in India who can compete with Sehwag.

But, when you are saying lets be realistic then why aren't you being realistic int he first place? 100% success record as captain!!! Give me a break! Its just one match that he was captain! If he loses one as captain then the success rate will be 50%...

Also, I have been reading news/articles about Sehwag being the next guy on Chappell's hit list due to his complaining and whining about Chappell's tough fitness regimen which the players have to go through. Chappell for sure has not developed a liking for Sehwag.

Last edited:
sohummisra said:

I don't agree with your reasons, saisrini80. Sehwag isn't in the team because he's a superstar, it is because he's a matchwinner. He may be going through a rough patch at the moment but he can definitely take the game away in a single session.

He will win us one game and lose us 8 games, aint it? Great matchwinner!

For me, he still remains a 'touch n go' batsman with a bit more skill!

rahulk666 said:
I don't want Sehwag to be dropped either. He is a batsman who can win games singlehandedly. Great hand-eye co-ordination. He needs a bit of application but there is no other opening batsman in India who can compete with Sehwag.

But, when you are saying lets be realistic then why aren't you being realistic int he first place? 100% success record as captain!!! Give me a break! Its just one match that he was captain! If he loses one as captain then the success rate will be 50%...

Also, I have been reading news/articles about Sehwag being the next guy on Chappell's hit list due to his complaining and whining about Chappell's tough fitness regimen which the players have to go through. Chappell for sure has not developed a liking for Sehwag.

All what you have read is just media fabricated! I am talking based on what Mr. Chappell and Sehwag say! I dont want to get into who's in who's hit list, etc.

Chappell has said that Sehwag is a special talent and whenever he is entrusted with captaincy, he has done a good job! He has also said he is amazed by Sehwag's batting prowess! So I strongly feel Sehwag is in Chappell's favorites list!

I too dont want Sehwag to be dropped now! He has some knowledge of this Pakistani attack and even if Shoaib is a different bowler now, Sehwag has played him along with the other guys like Sami, Rana, Gul, etc. And he has scored runs against them! So he has to be given chances against them! But if he continues playing the way he is now, I dont foresee a long innings for him in international cricket!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread