India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Inzi delays the powerplay, Sehwag will have the first 10 overs to settle down.

And after he gets settled, the non-powerplay wont bother him much.

viral1991 said:
Even if Inzi delays the powerplay, Sehwag will have the first 10 overs to settle down.

And after he gets settled, the non-powerplay wont bother him much.
Simplified version of what I said. :D

rahulk666 said:
Waqar Younis has expressed his opinion in Ganguly's selection. The former star fast bowler thinks that Ganguly's selection by BCCI is a step back. Pointing out to the current Aussie team, he said that Australia do not rely on past glories and pick the right team at the right time.

"The Australian selectors threw in three to four youngsters against South Africa instead of relying on big names. The teams are not built just on talent but how that talent is used and nurtured.", Waqar says...

This is what Waqar had to say about Ganguly's selection:

"I think the Indian selectors have taken a step back by picking Sourav because he is certainly not a player in form. I saw him batting in the New Delhi Test (against Sri Lanka) and he was clearly struggling to put bat to the ball", Younis said.

"I don't think you can select any player who is in such a bad form in his career. Somehow, he does not look like capable of scoring runs."

We will come to know whether Ganguly can score runs or not in the Ranji match against Tamil Nadu on January 3, 2006

Ha ha.. A player who is not playing now, is trying to needle the Indian team and Ganguly by playing mind games on us?

Mr. Waqar, Australia can afford to throw in 3-4 youngsters because they are a very formidable line up! India are not as formidable as Australia to risk that against another top cricketing nation like Pakistan! We have to go with experience also! Though the decision to pick Ganguly smells of politics, it is certainly not a step back! Its the right step and the whole world will now know what Ganguly is capable of doing in the future! This could well be his last series (if he fails!). But if he certainly has good cricket left in him, I am sure no one would want to see the back of him as he is very good when he is in form!

Are we also allowed to speculate on the ODI series? The recent form of India in the ODI series may suggest that India is in good shape to win. Nevertheless, Pakistan is the undoubtable favourite by many to win here.

I would say that the lower order on the Indian team will be able to fight it out, so Pakistan's position here isn't as strong as some may say.

i think the indian bowling key will be spinner ... bec thye have world class spinners ... kumble .... remember we have inzy the great ...

India has depth in batting.
In the ODIs
Sehwag...Dhoni...Pathan can do the big hitting
Dravid can steady the innings with paternerships.
Yuvraj & Kaif can contribute when needed.
Sachin can do miracles if it's his day.
Agarkar & Harbajan can contribute in the slog overs.
What more do we need if all these players do their jobs.
But bowling we'll have to depend on Pathan,Agarkar & harbajan to perform well.
Ofcourse we have the part-time bowlwers Sachin,Sehwag & Yuvraj.
I don't know what role will Ganguly do,as I'm not impressed with his recent performances.
I hope he returns to what he was in 97-99 period...come down the track & wack any bowler for a 6.

But we must be careful..Pakistan are in a better form than the Sri Lankan team which toured India.No room for complacency(I know they wouldn't...bcos it's against Pak)

usy57_pak said:
i think the indian bowling key will be spinner ... bec thye have world class spinners ... kumble .... remember we have inzy the great ...

ha ha ...

Inzy had got out to Kumble 6 consecutive times. :D

As far as I've seen Anwar was the only Pakistani to have successfully slaughtered Kumble.

Inzy had got out to Kumble 6 consecutive times.

This is true, which is why he is the biggest threat as he has consistently troubled Pakistani batsmen, the others, however have only really done well in patches against Pakistan.

Bharat, Zaheer Khan is in terrific form right now and he will definitely add firepower to the Indian bowling attack in the ODI's. He is a ODI bowler first, then only a test bowler!

I wish Piyush Chawla is blooded for the ODI's against Pakistan! We need to build a world class spinner for Kumble is not going to be there for too long! If he remains till the World Cup, its a miracle!

Indiangod said:
Afridi is too inconsistant........is ave tells you the story. He can get the occasional fifties.

Those words haunted you back in March, they may do so again....

Remember "The Kanpur Massacre"

UsmanCHADDA said:
Those words haunted you back in March, they may do so again....

Remember "The Kanpur Massacre"

Oh, no I forgot all about that knock.....it was a good innings since you was only chasing 240 odd.

I think Kumble will reach 500 wickets in this series,
He's on 485 from 100 matches.
He took the last 20 wickets in 3 matches.

ya true..laws of probability must be used to find he'll take 500 or not.

muhammad_inzi said:
guys u know wasim jaffer made 162 in first class again i think he will definetly will play the first test against pak.check here. http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/IND_LOCAL/RANJI/ELITE/ROUND5/BOM_TN_RJI_25-28DEC2005.html
Old news, Pal. See pg. 15 post# 224 in this thread. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16911&page=15&pp=15

I don't think Jaffer is an automatic choice. I think it depends on how he performs in the warm-up match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread