India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, kids, its not up to yall to decide who gets banned or whatever. I think a mod will be here soon to clean up the posts and whatnot. Let's end the discussion on this matter right here. If you still have problems, by all means PM/IM each other. No one else wants to read your bullshit.

_____________ (<- end of discussion)

Its good that Zaheer put in a good performance. Probably on a non-aiding wicket, too. I guess that augurs well for the Pakistan tour. We need to get our bowlers into form! So far, our only phenomenally successful bowlers in the Sri Lanka games were Harbhajan and Kumble, though that was because we were playing in the spinner-friendly pitches.

sohummisra said:
Its good that Zaheer put in a good performance. Probably on a non-aiding wicket, too. I guess that augurs well for the Pakistan tour. We need to get our bowlers into form! So far, our only phenomenally successful bowlers in the Sri Lanka games were Harbhajan and Kumble, though that was because we were playing in the spinner-friendly pitches.
One thing we need to keep in mind is that however seamer friendly the wickets may be prepared to be, it will only last for a day or 1 1/2 days as the matches will still be played in the subcontinent and not Headingley .
The pitches will end up being good batting tracks on days 2 and 3 .

Kumble will still be a factor and as we all know , Kumble these days does not fully rely on the wear and tear on the pitch and has been taking wickets on all typs of pitches . He took 7 wickets on Day-1 at Chennai against Australia mainly with the bounce . Kumble and Harbhajan like the wickets to have bounce . Spin will definitely be present on any subcontinental track. Anil Kumble will be a huge threat to the Pakistani batsmen . He also has a great record against them .

Pakistan might try to prepare quick tracks but the problem is that the tracks might end up being good for batting. They`ll never be as quick as Kingsmead or WACA to trouble the batsmen .
All the Indian top order batsmen like the ball to come on to the bat and are vry effective when the ball comes on to the bat. That was the reason why they did well in Australia in 2003 .
The pace of Shoaib and Sami will help the Indian batsmen to play strokes just as they did the last time.
The Indian batting is not at all `pace-wary` but what causes problms for them is the lateral movement .
Tht is why I feel that Rana-Naved will be the one who will cause most of the damage .

I am very happy with Zaheer's performance. He needed the shake up and he has got it! I hope he continues this good form. When on form, he is the most exciting player to watch out for!

Dinesh Karthik has scored a century against Mumbai.
He must have been in the team

This is a warning, to dhoni and vibs.

Due to you going way off topic, if you do so again, you will be prevented from posting in this thread. Any post you make will be deleted. Any response to this post will be considered to be off topic.

For muhammad_inzi, as I have already warned you once in this thread, all subsequent posts you make in this thread will be deleted.

One thing that in my view will go in favour of Pak is the powerplay rule......
Afridi likes to take arial route for his shots but shewag mostly takes the ground route..
And as shewag will be the opener, so inzi can delay the powerplay for few overs ( so it will be difficult for shewag to find the boundaries early on)... But Afridi will be unaffected from the field spread...
what you guys say about this??

This series is about cricket and the thread should be too. I will be watching this thread closely from now on and coming down heavily on anyone who doesn't think the forum rules should apply to them. A quick reminder of the relevant ones for you:

3) Swearing: We understand that the nature of certain topics may be such that you feel the need to use profanity to make your point, but we strongly enforce the fact that this behaviour is not tolerated. Profanity in any form will not be tolerated.

4) No Flaming: Whilst a member of this community your will respect everyone's right to an opinion. You may not, in any form, flame a fellow member. If you have issues with a certain person, please sort it out away from the forums. There is a zero-tolerance policy for posts that provoke or incite racial, social, and/or religious discrimination.

5) Spam: Spamming is characterised by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty messages, messages with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy or increase a member's post count. Use of the private messaging system to spamming or otherwise distribute offensive material is strictly prohibited. It is at the discretion of the Planetcricket Team to determine whether something is spam and to deal with any such occurrence as seen fit. However in keeping with our light hearted theme that Planetcricket forums has always upheld, common sense will always be applied as to what really constitutes spam and what doesn't. But please note any such decisions are not up for discussion.

6) Relevance: Posts in a particular forum must remain relevant. As far as possible, please try and stick to the initial intent of a topic. Please also make sure that when posting a new topic, it is posted in the appropriate forum

12) Language: To do our job properly, staff must be able to read and understand all posts. To this end could all posts please be in English

2) Administrators/Moderators: All members are obliged to obey the instructions of administrators and moderators. When posting in a particular forum, members are obliged to obey the instructions of forum specific moderators. If you feel that any such decision is unjust we ask you to firstly follow any instructions, and secondly if you believe that the decision is not just, depending on the severity of the scenario, report it to an Administrator.

I'll also add a quick reminder about the rep system. Use it responsibly or lose it. A disagreement of opinion is not a good enough reason to derep someone. I've been receiving far too many PM's about it.
Please don't force us to mod preview or ban you. Think before you post and make sure you're adding to the thread not detracting from it.

PakiFan said:
One thing that in my view will go in favour of Pak is the powerplay rule......
Afridi likes to take arial route for his shots but shewag mostly takes the ground route..
And as shewag will be the opener, so inzi can delay the powerplay for few overs ( so it will be difficult for shewag to find the boundaries early on)... But Afridi will be unaffected from the field spread...
what you guys say about this??

Afridi is a powerful hitter of the ball, but he plays irresponsible shots sometimes. Even Sehwag (not SHEWAG) can play explosive shots at times but presently he is woefully out of form. Both these players need to concentrate on staying at the wicket because with their strike rates and abilities the scoring rate stays healthy automatically.

Make assumpitons about Sehwag's position at your own risk! With the new coach's experimentation he might walk in at number 5!

Though I feel the Indian coach will try to get some wins before he starts experimenting.

Afridi is too inconsistant........is ave tells you the story. He can get the occasional fifties.

I think India will win the test and pakistaN the ODI series !!

Waqar thinks Ganguly's selection is a step back

Waqar Younis has expressed his opinion in Ganguly's selection. The former star fast bowler thinks that Ganguly's selection by BCCI is a step back. Pointing out to the current Aussie team, he said that Australia do not rely on past glories and pick the right team at the right time.

"The Australian selectors threw in three to four youngsters against South Africa instead of relying on big names. The teams are not built just on talent but how that talent is used and nurtured.", Waqar says...

This is what Waqar had to say about Ganguly's selection:

"I think the Indian selectors have taken a step back by picking Sourav because he is certainly not a player in form. I saw him batting in the New Delhi Test (against Sri Lanka) and he was clearly struggling to put bat to the ball", Younis said.

"I don't think you can select any player who is in such a bad form in his career. Somehow, he does not look like capable of scoring runs."

We will come to know whether Ganguly can score runs or not in the Ranji match against Tamil Nadu on January 3, 2006

Last edited:
furyfoxx said:
Afridi is a powerful hitter of the ball, but he plays irresponsible shots sometimes. Even Sehwag (not SHEWAG) can play explosive shots at times but presently he is woefully out of form. Both these players need to concentrate on staying at the wicket because with their strike rates and abilities the scoring rate stays healthy automatically.

Make assumpitons about Sehwag's position at your own risk! With the new coach's experimentation he might walk in at number 5!

Though I feel the Indian coach will try to get some wins before he starts experimenting.
Afridi is too inconsistant........is ave tells you the story. He can get the occasional fifties.

The point is not if Afridi is consistent or not, the point is that if Inzi delays the powerplay if Sehwag is opener, then we might not see the explosive batting of Sehwag(due to spread field), as he heavily relies on ground strokes more than the ariel ones. So he may struggle

PakiFan said:
The point is not if Afridi is consistent or not, the point is that if Inzi delays the powerplay if Sehwag is opener, then we might not see the explosive batting of Sehwag(due to spread field), as he heavily relies on ground strokes more than the ariel ones. So he may struggle

Sehwag ground strokes are straight drives, cover drives, and leg side flick... He can very well go ariel. The cut shots (which sometimes can go for six also), the pull, and the lofted cover drive are also some of his favorite shots. So i don't think sehwag will struggle. Also with a spread field Sehwag can get well settled by picking up singles and twos and wait for Inzi to implement the powerplay and then he can go berserk while he is seeing the ball like football.

Irfan Pathan will give pakistani batsman hard time and our Rawalpindi Express will give indian batsman a bit of hard time too :).. and we may se lots of big scores by the both teams :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread