India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cricketman93 said:
Multan :happy-hopin' for another sehwag 309: this time in the ODI's!!

309 is an ODI? Even a 200 has not been crossed so far!

cricket_lover said:
Ganguly's inclusion in the first test will depend on his Ranji match against TN.
Gambhir's will be based on the tour match.

Tour match will be important, especially playing under different conditions. It will be a bit colder and dew on the pitch, so batsmen should really settle down and get into the groove for the series ahead.
It'll be a good chance for Zaheer and RP Singh to try and measure the conditions.
It is very important to have every player in the squad ready. Pakistan is one of the best teams today!

I agree!

But I think RP might be more of a passenger

vibs89 said:
Lol how can you hit 309 from Shewag that too in ODI. If it's test then yeah obvious I'm hopping too.

Well......Ya i gotta agree with him
Anyway...Zaheer is in good form right now
I saw in the news that Ganguly, Kumble, and Sehwag will go to Pak. lately (means they wont travel with the whole Indian Team) on Jan.1 and they r gonna play Ranji Match somethin like that.... :cool:

Sachin_007 said:
Well......Ya i gotta agree with him
Anyway...Zaheer is in good form right now
I saw in the news that Ganguly, Kumble, and Sehwag will go to Pak. lately (means they wont travel with the whole Indian Team) on Jan.1 and they r gonna play Ranji Match somethin like that.... :cool:

Yeah I saw in the news too. That means Indian team will travel to Pakistan on Jan 5th but Shwag, Ganguly and Kumble are not going as they have to play Ranji Mathc to get themselves warmup. Anyway I just hope Ganguly and Shewag performs. As I'm worried abt the poor form of Shewag.

Yea!
He should be quite frustrated, himself. But we should also know that Sehwag is a cricketer who believes in himself immensely. So we don't have to worry at all.
He will score it big in one of these matches and may be more.

cricket_lover said:
Yea!
He should be quite frustrated, himself. But we should also know that Sehwag is a cricketer who believes in himself immensely. So we don't have to worry at all.
He will score it big in one of these matches and may be more.

Hope so. If he doesn't perform. Then he should be taken out and play more practice match and then finally come back as he finds some form.

There has to happen a lot of misform by Sehwag to get dropped from the squad. I don't see that happening soon. But he isn't that reliable anymore.

saisrini80 said:
He will win us one game and lose us 8 games, aint it? Great matchwinner!

For me, he still remains a 'touch n go' batsman with a bit more skill!
Sai, your posts usually make sense. Someone already posted the stat up about Sehwag being the most consistent performer in test matches for India. Of the 39 matches that Sehwag has played, India has won 15, and Sehwag has gone past 40 in 9 of those. I also don't think he 'loses' us matches. It is difficult to lose a match single-handedly, unless you drop a critical catch or something.

muhammad_inzi said:
sehwag use to be consistent performer but nowdays cant say anything.

:cheers Don't worry guyz he will com bak in form some day he will so calm down.....
There's more to come. :happy

rahulk666 said:
What a good performance from the Indians will essentially do is that it will dilute all the talks about India playing in winter in Pakistan, Shoaib being much more better shape, Pakistan on a crest after beating England, Imran saying Pakistan winning easily.
What is all the stuff about the winter in Pakistan being brought in . It is winter in India as well . Th temperature is 2 degrees in Delhi and has gone below 0 in many places !

It is not as if Pakistan is a long distance away from India ! Pakistan is just a hop across the border for the Indians .
In fact Lahore is closer to North India than Mumbai or Chennai !!!

Imran has been speaking as if the conditions will be totally alien to the Indian team .
The conditions are almost exactly identical to the Indian conditions (North Indian conditions) , (even the language spokenis the same) .
So why all this nonsense about the Winter .

Next up, I would like to comment about the `Fast Bouncy Pitches` that all the Pakistani friends are talking about .
The so called Fast Tracks would at best be ones with decent carry and the carry would last for 2 days . Once teams play out the first session, they will be good batting tracks . T
hat is what we saw in Delhi ( Sri Lanka series) where the pitch had a fair sprinkling of grass on it .
Delhi and Mohali are the most identical to Pakistani conditions .
Sub Continental pitches will never be as fast as the WACA or Kingsmead , however hard we try , because of the climatic conditions and the soil .

We have decent fast bowlers as well . Zaheer Khan is a huge force when the pitches are bouncy or assist seam movement. He took 3 consecutive 5 wicket hauls in his 3 matches at Wellington, Hamilton and Brisbane .
If I were to believe the reports of the wickets being great for seam bowling, then even Pakistan will have to be careful because their batting is not the best technically .
The Indian batting(at least on paper) has more experience and have had more success in the seaming conditions (they even scored 628/8dec at Headingley a couple of years ago) .
Pathan has got his swing back which was missing during the series in India in 2005 .

Anil Kumble will always be a threat for any side and especially in the subcontinent. No team would like to bat last with Anil Kumble in the opposing camp.

So, its not as overwhelmingly in favour of Pakistan as Imran and others have said. Pakistn will be slight favorites mainly because of Shoaib`s form but if he fails to deliver under pressure as he has done many times in the Pakist , India have a real chance to win it .
Before the start of the eries, I would say 55-45 to Pakistan .

Last edited:
Sachin_007 said:
:cheers Don't worry guyz he will com bak in form some day he will so calm down.....
There's more to come. :happy

what u mean someday he has to comeback for pak series then who will score fast runs

I read this in the newspaper:

'PCB Chairman Shaharyar Khan revealved yesterday that the Indian cricket board had requested to push the three-day tour opener, proposed to start from January 7, by one day so that four of their players - Virendar Sehwag, Anil Kumble, Sourav Ganguly and Parthiv Patel could feature in the match as all four are due to play Ranji Trophy league matches from January 3 and are scheduled to join the rest of the squad on January 7.'

I guess that means all the four players are going to be in the playing 11?

In another story Sourav Ganguly is reverting to his side-on stance which he had at the start of his career. He is using a lighter bat and a higher backlift in practice sessions. He plans to open in the Ranji match against Tamil Nadu. And for some strange reason, about a month after he resigned as captain of the Bengal team, the Bengal board have named him captain for this one match against Tamil Nadu! As if he needs captaincy practice now?

(100th post! Yahoo!!)

vibs89 said:
Hope so. If he doesn't perform. Then he should be taken out and play more practice match and then finally come back as he finds some form.

There's no way Sehwag's gonna be dropped he's the vice captain of the Indian team and Chappell seems to like him (well I think he does because people posted it earlier in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread