India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
sohummisra said:
Patriotism, probably. I am actually confused why Akram would join--he generally keeps himself quiet when he needs to.
It might be patriotism as you said but I have seen for a past few weeks that Akram who is normally a diplomatic and quiet guy on pure cricketing or cricketing administrative issues has been very vocal. I saw a quote from him saying that ICC is good for nothing as it is run by all "goras" (whites). FUnny he made that comment as the ICC President himself is a Pakistani. Something's up with Akram for sure.
sohummisra said:
As for Sehwag, if you chart the development of his career, he started sort of hit and miss. He then became a lot more consistent with a string of good scores. I think that was probably his purple patch. As often, this has been followed with a slump. But I think he is too good a player to allow his form to be discovered in practice matches and domestic games.
If you see Sehwag's career more closely you can see that he scores majority of runs in the 1st innings. His 2nd innings scores are dismal. Also all his big knocks have been laced by bit of luck (being dropped early in the innings, etc.) He is a sort of player who will always keep the bowler interested. If the fielders drop his catches then he can be very dangerous.
sohummisra said:
One problem that was seen in the Lanka tests was Dravid, I feel. Missing is that feeling, when Dravid walks in, that one wicket is pretty safe. I think India desperately need Dravid to rediscover his form when they go to Pakistan.
Yeah, I too have that feeling. Some of the bricks from "The Wall" are becoming loose. He needs to cement those bricks properly. I think he is the most workacholic cricketer in India. He will be great shape for Pakistan tour. Watch out for another double ton from him this tour.
sohummisra said:
And perhaps my favorite India Pakistan pre-series quote:

"There are Irfan Pathan's in every gully of Pakistan" - Javed Miandad.
Listen, learn and enjoy.
That was very funny. It felt even funnier and stupid when Pathan had a great tour of Pakistan which propelled his career.

Last edited:
I don't even think the Pakistani players hear or know about such comments, the Pak team usually seems a bit confused when someone asks them about certain comments made, Inzi especially seems quite aloof and oblivious to any: pro or con.

aditya123 said:
Inzy mostly prefers to come down the order after most of the innings has been built by Yousuf and others.
Perhaps you haven't seen Pakistan play in the last 5- 6 years, Inzi has been the rock around which Pakistan build an innings, more often than not Inzi comes in at around 4-2 or 25-3 when the pressure is on and he always performs. So I don't really understand what you mean.

sohummisra said:
Patriotism, probably. I am actually confused why Akram would join--he generally keeps himself quiet when he needs to.

As for Sehwag, if you chart the development of his career, he started sort of hit and miss. He then became a lot more consistent with a string of good scores. I think that was probably his purple patch. As often, this has been followed with a slump. But I think he is too good a player to allow his form to be discovered in practice matches and domestic games.

One problem that was seen in the Lanka tests was Dravid, I feel. Missing is that feeling, when Dravid walks in, that one wicket is pretty safe. I think India desperately need Dravid to rediscover his form when they go to Pakistan.

And perhaps my favorite India Pakistan pre-series quote:

"There are Irfan Pathan's in every gully of Pakistan" - Javed Miandad.
Listen, learn and enjoy.

I too agree! Dravid needs to get back to his run glutton ways! His presence at the middle eases the pressure off the other batsman so much! And it frustrates the opposition and makes them try unnecessary tactics to remove him!

New technique from Sehwag? If it says "spending more time at the crease and not venture into adventurous shots", I would take it anyday!

I don't believe in these new technique of Sehwag. and actually also not when Kaneria said he had a new weapon. Sehwag has been playing cricket for a long time now and suddenly he has a new technique? I don't think he can adjust his batting especially at that age. But if he means to say to play less agressive and get singles and wait for bad balls to hit for fours, that could happen.

Well..Let c wat shewag do with his technique may b he can hit more runs with his new technique....

Sachin_007 said:
Well..Let c wat shewag do with his technique may b he can hit more runs with his new technique....
i

i think he changed his technique thats why he is not performing well we will see in the series

Who should open with Salman? Akmal or Malik, I don't see a spot for Yasir anymore in tests. Afridi is good lower down the order.

Pak_cricketer said:
Who should open with Salman? Akmal or Malik, I don't see a spot for Yasir anymore in tests. Afridi is good lower down the order.

i think akmal.and shoaib should come on one down.

Yes Sehwags changed his technique........Shewga is also talking about getting another 300 in Pakistan.

I think Sehwag should shut up. The last time, right before the Asia Cup, he said that 200's were possible in ODI's, especially against the minnows. He didn't aggregate 200 runs in the tournament, I don't think.

Pak_cricketer said:
:rolleyes: Where is Imran Farhat now days ?? :rolleyes:

sohummisra said:
I think Sehwag should shut up. The last time, right before the Asia Cup, he said that 200's were possible in ODI's, especially against the minnows. He didn't aggregate 200 runs in the tournament, I don't think.

I also feel Sehwag speaks a lot! Just when the nation was divided over the captaincy issue and with Chappell in charge, he came out and said "Saurav would be the best man for the captaincy job".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread