India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricket doctor said:
Yeah, Sami's pace is just about perfect for Indians' likings.

I also think that the Indian batsmen will work him out. Not many Pakistani supporters want Sami playing in the big series, they would rather prefer Gul playing.

vibs89 said:
If Jaffer plays in the first test match. Then he should open with Shewag. Well most likely I think he will come in the one down more likely. Cause in domestic he comes one down to play the innings.
But Gambhir is doing O.K. why drop him then. He only had 2 bad games against SRL. :onpc

cricket doctor said:
But Gambhir is doing O.K. why drop him then. He only had 2 bad games against SRL. :onpc

Well recently he didn't perform. And I think he should be step down. If shewag/Jaffer fails the first test then they should replace Ghambhir for the 2nd test.

I hope Yuvraj plays in the tests.......Yuvi is in top-form at the moment, he can do well in any situation.

I say Gambhir,because he has a very good temperament(remember Andre Nel......),and IND need those kind of players against PAK. I had seen Jaffer in W.I. series few years ago, don't know how he is batting currently.

Well having Afridi opening puts presure on Salman. Salman would be keen to save Afridi for as long as possible and by doing that you'll see him geting out cheaply.

cricket doctor said:
I say Gambhir,because he has a very good temperament(remember Andre Nel......),and IND need those kind of players against PAK. I had seen Jaffer in W.I. series few years ago, don't know how he is batting currently.

I agree with you that Ghambhir is temperament. But the think is he needs to be sit out for the first test and test Jaffer. As of Jaffer currently his batting form is mind blowing. Recently he scored 167 in the first inning and then in second inning 44 of 19 balls and that too 5 fours and 3 sixes. The think is Jaffer can play aggressive and defensive. He can play either way depending on the situation of the match.

Pak_cricketer said:
Well having Afridi opening puts presure on Salman. Salman would be keen to save Afridi for as long as possible and by doing that you'll see him geting out cheaply.

Thats true Pak_cricketer example of Afridi fourth 100. salman got in that match cheaply out.

vibs89 said:
I agree with you that Ghambhir is temperament. But the think is he needs to be sit out for the first test and test Jaffer. As of Jaffer currently his batting form is mind blowing. Recently he scored 167 in the first inning and then in second inning 44 of 19 balls and that too 5 fours and 3 sixes. The think is Jaffer can play aggressive and defensive. He can play either way depending on the situation of the match.
O.K. then, let's see. Seems good competition for Gambhir though. :onpc

Noticing Jaffers fine form in the domestic games, Jaffer is the best partner in the opening slot along with Sehwag.

Indiangod said:
Noticing Jaffers fine form in the domestic games, Jaffer is the best partner in the opening slot along with Sehwag.

You cant judge because domestic is different then international.

Indiangod said:

Yap agree with you. And I'm sure Jaffer will have to play very good inning and build great inning in order to comeback to the team. But I don't think he will come as an opening. Cause he always comes in one down in Domestic.

vibs89 said:
Yap agree with you. And I'm sure Jaffer will have to play very good inning and build great inning in order to comeback to the team. But I don't think he will come as an opening. Cause he always comes in one down in Domestic.
but middle order looks solid and stable with
Dravid at 3
Sachin 4
Yuvi 5
Laxman 6
Dhoni 7
and then
Pathan 8
Kumble 9
RP/Agarkar/Bhajji 10
Zaheer 11

I think the line up should be this

Jaffer
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Zaheer
Kumble

What a line up!. I dont see anybody else opening the innings, so thierfore I think just like Cricket Doctor said that the batting line uo would be well balanced if Jaffer opened.

Indiangod said:
I think the line up should be this

Jaffer
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Laxman
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Zaheer
Kumble

What a line up!.
yeah,looks solid.
Btw, where is the first test, is it in Lahore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread