India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronny_kingsley said:
Well what I said was if India's bowling isnt comparable to Pakistan's then even Pakistan's batting isnt in the same lague as the Indian.

India's bowling is weak compared to Pakistan's simply because apart from the two spinners in Harbhajan and Kumble, no one really looks much of a threat. Pathan bowls well sometimes, but still a bit too inconsistent for my liking. I do not expect much from Agarkar, and I dont know much about the newcomers who have to prove a lot. Remember this is how the two bowling attacks appear before the series.

ronny_kingsey said:
I still stand by my English "lollypop" attack.Barring some good sessions against Aussies in the Ashes Pom bowling attack hasnt been very special.

Mind you, the "lollypop" attack helped England in 2004-05 became only the second team in recent times (after Australia) to beat South Africa in South Africa. And it takes something special to beat Australia, no watter where you are playing them.

ronny_kingsley said:
So mate still any doubts ????????

I do have a doubt actually mate. Are you JarryD's twin brother or something?
Very similar kind of posts.

m_vaughan said:
India's bowling is weak compared to Pakistan's simply because apart from the two spinners in Harbhajan and Kumble, no one really looks much of a threat. Pathan bowls well sometimes, but still a bit too inconsistent for my liking. I do not expect much from Agarkar, and I dont know much about the newcomers who have to prove a lot. Remember this is how the two bowling attacks appear before the series.

Mind you, the "lollypop" attack helped England in 2004-05 became only the second team in recent times (after Australia) to beat South Africa in South Africa. And it takes something special to beat Australia, no watter where you are playing them.

I do have a doubt actually mate. Are you JarryD's twin brother or something?
Very similar kind of posts.

Again you havent compared the batting lineups but have extensively criticised India's bowling.

Someone comeup and admit India's is the best batting lineup for Tests at this moment of time.

If you read my earlier post you'd have known that I did mention quite a lot about India's strength and depth in batting and the fact that Dravid and Tendulkar in particular could play a key role in this series.

Less than 24 hrs for the match & series to start! Whoohoo... I am pumped up! Cant wait at all..

I admit to ronny kingsley's comment that India have the best batting line up in the tests on paper at the moment! Not many can argue on that!

ZexyZahid said:
Monday is rain expected. I hope it doesn't effect the match too much, because that's the fourth day and a crucial one.

Rain Rain Go AwAY!

COme again AFter PLay!

m_vaughan said:
Seriously man, why post something like that?

Coming to match I think Sai's theory of 2 spinners + 2 seamers + ganguly might work well for the visitors, however no matter how much grass they put on these subcontinental wicket, they will assist the fast and swing bowlers only on the first day. After that its runs all the way.

I also agree with nightprowler10 about Shoaib using his slower ball. He used it well in the England series, but it will be a bit tougher to disguise it against the Indian batsmen. Shoaib is the main man for Pakistan, thats for sure.

Yes at home, but still England are the ONLY team to have beaten Australia at home in their last series. India did win the 2000 series but lost in 2004.

And I do not believe in the Aussies not being invincible theory also. Its just that other teams have improved, and do not let the Aussies play the way they want to. Yeah they might not be as strong as they were a few years back, but they were red-hot in form before the England tour.

Also mind you India's claim to fame in that 1-1 drawn series in Australia was against second string bowlers. No Warne, no McGrath and Brett Lee just back from injury. It was a historic achievement, but imo a fortunate one.
Had mcGrath been fully fit for the Ashes, Australia would have won the Ashes easily. England looked like bunnies in the match when he was fully fit. Thank the stray ball which injured Mcgrath in that series.

saisrini80 said:
Pakistan in danger!

Shahid Afridi is now looking to hand it all to the Indian players by calling them a 'team in trouble'! No matter how much ever they get hit by these methods of needling, they continue to do the same! I feel sorry for Afridi!

http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulleistory.php?source=cn&content_id=61265

I think Afridi will be Agarkar or Pathan's bunny this series!

only kaneria(may be) could be bunny of those two. except that these two bowlers are bugs bunny themselves especially agarkar. looks like an alien with two fans on each side of the head .

mohsinshahzad84 said:
only kaneria(may be) could be bunny of those two. except that these two bowlers are bugs bunny themselves especially agarkar. looks like an alien with two fans on each side of the head .
The word "bunny" was used as a figure of speech. Please do not take literally. :D
Also, I don't find any relation between a bunny and a alien? Agarkar is a bugs bunny and also a alien!! Hmm... may be you think bunnies are extra-terrestrial...

I don't really see how Agarkar will be able to restrict Afridi????
but Pathan certainly can,as he has it in him to cop with any challenge.

cricket doctor said:
Sachin can be handy bowler to bowl to Afridi. Afridi in most cases already makes up his mind about what shot he is going to play even before the bowlers releases the ball. Sachin has a wide repertoire of deliveries, and he can induce some mistakes from Afridi with his variety. The other thing is that India have to grab any chances that Afridi offers their way. A missed catch or a stumping of Afridi can be very very costly.

i can guess what the next post is. probably dravid can get afridi out because he has never seen him bowling and it would be surprise for afridi and he will get him the first ball because he will be taking him easy . on and on.

cricket doctor said:

Who knows?

Agarkar has developed into a restrictive bowler who can bowl economic spells (we saw it against Sri Lanka and also in the practice match against Pakistan A!). Afridi just needs to be frustrated into making mistakes which I think Agarkar might achieve (I wont say he can, he might!)

mohsinshahzad84 said:
i can guess what the next post is. probably dravid can get afridi out because he has never seen him bowling and it would be surprise for afridi and he will get him the first ball because he will be taking him easy . on and on.
Why the sarcasm? Sachin is a quality spinner. Did you already forget his 5 wicket haul against Pakistan last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread