India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohsinshahzad84 said:
not at attempt it was prediction for fools that what is coming.

Have you studied English grammar at school (hopefully, you had been to school some day)??

Pace-Ace said:
Tendulkar might have variety but he isn't as good as McGrath who i believe got smashed by afridi in last year's vb series. And has everybody forgotten razzaq who i believe can be more devastating than afridi when he gets going.

Comparing Tendulkar with Mc Grath the bowler? We didnt do that, did we? We were talking abt the element of surprise that Tendulkar can induce! For that to happen though, first Dravid should bowl Tendulkar on a regular basis!

cricket doctor said:
Post no. 1000, posted by cricket doctor.
All the best India and Pakistan.

Have you seen him smashing quality quickies??

Oh my goodness! 1000 posts before the series has even started!

I am sure this thread is the best one ever that I've ever read!

cricket doctor said:
Yes, I didn't mean Dhoni is not a quality batsman.I too, personally like him very much. My point was that Sehwag, Afridi and Gayl have shown that they can smash any attack, anywhere in the world and on any pitch.

For that to happen with Dhoni, he has to first face top quality bowlers on other pitches in other countries. That happens only in May or June when India tour West Indies! For now, he has the challenge of facing a Pakistan team in form on Pakistani pitches on which he has not played so far!

saisrini80 said:
For that to happen with Dhoni, he has to first face top quality bowlers on other pitches in other countries. That happens only in May or June when India tour West Indies! For now, he has the challenge of facing a Pakistan team in form on Pakistani pitches on which he has not played so far!

Yeap, even this series will put him among the category of Sehwag,Gilly,Afridi,Freddie..........
if he performs well.
Shoib,Sami,Rana are all quality seamers + Pitches in Pakistan are sporting + winter season this time around, unlike last time.

Yes, I didn't mean Dhoni is not a quality batsman.I too, personally like him very much. My point was that Sehwag, Afridi and Gayl have shown that they can smash any attack, anywhere in the world and on any pitch.

When you say "smash", do you mean couple of sixers and few boundaries? and then getting out or rather..scoring big, yet attacking?
If you mean the latter, then Sehwag and Gayle are pretty good. Afridi's test record is quite pathetic when you look at his talent. He can score quick 20's and thirties but not big one's..he hasn't scored one, convincingly against formidable line up or even in foreign conditions.

Sehwag has been more consistent in the long run, followed by Gayle and then Afridi.

Oops: sorry for the repeated post..didn't mean to.

Pace-Ace said:
Tendulkar might have variety but he isn't as good as McGrath who i believe got smashed by afridi in last year's vb series. And has everybody forgotten razzaq who i believe can be more devastating than afridi when he gets going.
We are talking about Afridi's batting in Tests here for the moment at least. Its not a big deal to hit even McGrath in one dayers now with the field restrictions in one dayers. Also, the pitches for one dayers are generally prepared to suit the batsmen as crowds love the 4's and 6's instead of a bowler wrapping up the innings with a fifer.

I am not saying that Afridi is not a good batsman, but he is not a sort of player whom you can turn to in difficult batting conditions.

The pitch preview in Cricinfo suggests that the groundsman may not have been able to deliver the pitch wanted by Inzamam. According to cricinfo, the shiny pitch is devoid of grass and more interestingly has a few cracks. Chappell and Dravid think that the cracks will help the spinners as the match progresses. Chappell also thinks that the pitch might start playing a few tricks from spin bowlers from third day itself. Bob Woolmer too thinks that the moisture underneath the surface might assist the ball to grip and turn as match progresses. The toss should be an important here. I don't think any team winning the toss will hesitate to bat first on this wicket.

rahulk666 said:
The pitch preview in Cricinfo suggests that the groundsman may not have been able to deliver the pitch wanted by Inzamam. According to cricinfo, the shiny pitch is devoid of grass and more interestingly has a few cracks. Chappell and Dravid think that the cracks will help the spinners as the match progresses. Chappell also thinks that the pitch might start playing a few tricks from spin bowlers from third day itself. Bob Woolmer too thinks that the moisture underneath the surface might assist the ball to grip and turn as match progresses. The toss should be an important here. I don't think any team winning the toss will hesitate to bat first on this wicket.
That means we might see Kumble, Harbhajan both in action in this match??

If that pitch report is true, then Pakistan are playing into India's hands! A wicket responsive to their faster bowlers is what places Pakistan on an even scale with India! If they prepare pitches like this that crack and might turn, then Harbhajan and Kumble are way ahead of Danish Kaneria, Afridi and Malik to exploit the surface! And remember, India can play spin better than anyone else!

I foresee an Indian win at Lahore this time unless the weather gives us something else!

Sachin_007 said:
Ya man me too....Just waitin for India....Any idea whos gonna win the first match? Second match? third match?.....

first match has not even started and u start saying first second third.lol :D

I cant wait for tomorow just suscribing to ARY difital so i can get live coverage. Is sony tv gonna be showing any highlights if someone knows please tell me.

saisrini80 said:
If that pitch report is true, then Pakistan are playing into India's hands! A wicket responsive to their faster bowlers is what places Pakistan on an even scale with India! If they prepare pitches like this that crack and might turn, then Harbhajan and Kumble are way ahead of Danish Kaneria, Afridi and Malik to exploit the surface! And remember, India can play spin better than anyone else!

I foresee an Indian win at Lahore this time unless the weather gives us something else!
The cracks might also signify that the top surface of the wicket is hard and may give bowlers an edge who like to hit the deck like Akhtar and Sami for first 3-5 sessions of the Test. If that is that case then India should take Zaheer in place of Agarkar in the final XI.

Nice Artical I found! Talks about Kamis B-Day!
Eid with the Akmals

Posted by Siddhartha Vaidyanathan 6 hours, 3 minutes ago in India in Pakistan 2005-06

I had, with great difficulty, managed to get a SIM card during Eid in Lahore. It had been a freezing evening, as we later found out, the coldest in 37 years. There was a piece to be filed, hunger to be satisfied, plans to be made for the next day. Barging into the Best Western Hotel, I headed straight to the lift and pressed the button for the third floor (when I actually had to go to the fourth), walked up the stairs, headed to the room and realised I had forgotten to collect the key at the reception. It was that kind of evening.

Down I went, collected the keys and re-entered the lift, followed by a bubbly lad, who appeared to be in as tearing a hurry as me. "Oh new SIM card? Where are you from? Oh India? For the cricket? Oh journalist? To cover the series? Hi, I'm Adnan Akmal, brother of Kamran Akmal, Pakistan national wicketkeeper." It was all too fast for me to digest.

Kamran Akmal had plenty on his mind ahead of the first Test ? Getty Images
Slowly the facial familiarity began to unfurl ? similar face, sharp nose, pocket-sized body. He was here to meet Mansoor Amjad, a promising legspinner, and disappeared in a flash since a friend was waiting for him downstairs. In one minute, though, walking from the lift to Amjad's room, he showed his mettle: "Of course, I play first-class cricket. For Habib Bank. Ya, I am also a wicketkeeper. We both love keeping. Oh, you want to meet Kami? He's at a team meeting at the moment, but he maybe coming home in a few hours. Actually no, he may not. You see, our mother has had a heart operation and he is very close to her. So he will be in the hospital. Some valves in her heart were blocked. Inshallah all will be fine. You want to come home? Sure why not. Take down my number. Call me anytime. Mansooooor ?."

Three days passed. I had tried calling Adnan several times. All I got was 'call diverted' and gave up. Two days before the Lahore Test, he calls back. "Ahsallummallekkum ji, Eid mubarak. You have to come home today. It is Eid and we will talk lots. Whenever. Six? Ok. Come to Model Colony and ask anyone for Kamran Akmal's house."

Getting to 54B, Model Colony requires one to go from a 100 feet main road to several rickety lanes, around 20 feet in width. Pakistan's latest star he may be, but he had continued staying in the same place where he was born and where he had played gully cricket. What had been a small house had been renovated, more levels added. Two posh cars stood outside. It was like finding a diamond amid the pebbles.

Adnan was dressed for the occasion ? a spotless white salwar below a sparkling vest. The bedroom walls were decked with trophies, medals and photographs. Eid had caused a bustle and a couple of tots flitted in and out. Piping tea and delicious sweets were served. Mohammad Akmal, born in Hoshiapur and migrated to Lahore during partition, spoke about his seven sons ? Afzal, Azhar, Irfan, Kamran, Adnan, Rahman and Umar. "Until Kamran, nobody had played cricket in our family. Now there are days when one of my sons is keeping wicket at the Gadaffi and the other at the adjacent NCA ground. It feels good to walk on the road in between."

Is he surprised about Kamran's outstanding success? "He always believed in Allah, keeps muttering Allah o Akbar while playing, it was bound to happen." Does he think it's a disadvantage? "I don't think this boy will fall into the trap of stardom. He knows what he's doing. Always been a mother's boy, listens to whatever she says. Whichever part of the world he's in, he will call twice a day." What does he make of Kamran's outstanding success? "He began playing in this 20 feet gully, with me constantly telling him not to hit against the walls and not to hit above a certain height. He was bound to succeed. No major coaching is needed for this game. It is very simple." How does it feel to know that his two sons are competing for the same spot? "Great. Hopefully they will give each other a tough fight. They play for opposing teams in first-class cricket and often have a go at each other." What does he think of the series? "We should be one country, it will benefit both."

Adnan once dismissed 11 batsmen in a first-class game, a Pakistan record. He also had five scalps in a game in last year's Twenty20 tournament, despite playing with a broken nose. A year back, he came perilously close to national selection and has treaded the periphery since. Do they discuss a lot about wicketkeeping? "We rarely meet. Both are constantly playing games. I couldn't even be there for his engagement. But we speak on the phone. He often calls to ask if I watched the match, whether he was keeping ok."

Just as I was about to leave, Kamran entered. He looked a bit pre-occupied but it was understandable considering his mother's situation and also considering that it was two days before a big series was about to start. He checked if we had been given refreshments, consented for photographs, some with his brothers, some with his dear ammi, and volunteered to drop me to a rickshaw, an offer which was politely turned down. As I walked away, I heard an agitated voice behind me: "Wait. Wait. I am going towards your hotel. I will drop you. I have to meet Zahid. You know, it is Eid ?" It had to be Adnan. And the merry chatterring continued.

Gilchrist said:
Well, its Kamran Akmal's birthday, when the test starts, I would love to see, who come out on top - Kamran or Dhoni?

it was dravid's birthday yesterday, too :D

cricket doctor said:
That means we might see Kumble, Harbhajan both in action in this match??

I hope so. The most leathel spin duo in Cricket at the moment shouldn't be seperated.

saisrini80 said:
Have you studied English grammar at school (hopefully, you had been to school some day)??

Comparing Tendulkar with Mc Grath the bowler? We didnt do that, did we? We were talking abt the element of surprise that Tendulkar can induce! For that to happen though, first Dravid should bowl Tendulkar on a regular basis!

Oh my goodness! 1000 posts before the series has even started!

I am sure this thread is the best one ever that I've ever read!

may be i studied some but i guess u never saw school in ur whole life. see that

Comparing Tendulkar with Mc Grath the bowler?

its totally wrong grammer. first u should see your english and then say something to others. and also its a forum and not your english teaching class. i can show you 10 mistakes in your grammer if i evaluate it from that point of view.and for ur kind information i m studying in university and finished all my english coureses.
ok
so when u opening ur grammer school on this forum . u should hire a teacher so that he can teach u too brootus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread