India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd you get this? Don't the teams usually release a twelve man squad and then exchange the team XI's at the toss?

Additionally, does anyone know where the previous India tour of Pakistan thread went? I was trying to look for it. It isn't even in the top replied/viewed threads, which I was sure it was in.

sohummisra said:
How'd you get this? Don't the teams usually release a twelve man squad and then exchange the team XI's at the toss?
i know i think that his team i mean he want to see this team in first test

vibs89 said:
i know i think that his team i mean he want to see this team in first test
If he meant that, I don't think he would have said 'confirmed team'.

http://www.ndtv.com/sports/cricket/...mplate=indpak2006&slug=Ganguly+likely+to+open

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but some of the stuff that has been said makes me angry. Raj Singh Dungarpur has asked the team management to specifically include Ganguly? Whatever happened to merit and form-based selection.

Anyway, this article claims that Ganguly will open along with Sehwag.

many others state the same thing...ganguly might open.

Why is the v-bookie item for India Pakistan match closed, while the Australia/Srilanka match is still open? The latter has already started...

edited later: Yay! the series has finally started! Pakistan won the toss, elected to bat. Interesting decision because of all the pre-match hype of the pitch being helpful for fast bowlers...and this decision proves such claims wrong! and Ganguly is in!

Last edited:
Well, there was news out earlier about the pitch not being prepared to Inzamam's tastes. Let's hope Pathan and Co. fire!

This are the teams. No Sami. Just as I thought it would be. No Gambhir and Jaffer.

Pakistan team:
Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, *Inzamam-ul-Haq,
Mohammad Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, +Kamran Akmal,
Naved-ul-Hasan, Shoaib Akhtar, Danish Kaneria.

India team:
V Sehwag, *R Dravid, VVS Laxman, SR Tendulkar, SC Ganguly,
Yuvraj Singh, +MS Dhoni, IK Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, AB Agarkar,
A Kumble.

There is another interesting case hidden in the Indian team. There is no Zaheer Khan! and Agarkar has come in for him. May not be a surprise but it was harsh to evaluate based on one practice match.

: Disastrous for Salman Butt! Unnecessarily ran himself out...and he was looking in good touch. Well, one wicket down...not they way we expected but Indians should happily take it. The next man is Younis Khan.

Last edited:
Bad start of Pakistan. Butt run out very easily. Agarkar was expensive in his first over, but Butt run out's was a bit careless.

Oh my God !! Ganguly bowling first change !
It is going to be a long long day for the Indian bowlers .
And Ganguly with his dibbly-dobblers overstepping !
Agarkar , Iam sorry did not look threatening at all !
Neither he or Pathan are making the batsmen play at deliveries .

sohummisra said:
Was the ball swinging/seaming around at all?
No seam or swing at all (except for som deliveries by Pathan) !
It is one of those `flat-as-a-pancake` Day 2 Mohali type of a pitch !

EDIT : Bhajji looking good . Whether its the turn in the wicket or the moisture which is responsible , I on`t know. Younis looking very tentative against Bhajji . Good signs for the spinners .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread