India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
sohummisra said:
Additionally, does anyone know where the previous India tour of Pakistan thread went? I was trying to look for it. It isnt even in the top replied/viewed threads, which I was sure it was in.
This is the link to the last Ind/Pak thread. Its through the BrowsingAtWork website since I cannot access PlanetCricket at work due to a firewall, so I do not know if the link will work for everyone. If you want to access it otherwise directly, then on the main Cricket Chat forum sort the threads by REPLIES and then scroll down below the pinned threads, its there.
http://www.browsingatwork.com/index...0Lm5ldC9mb3J1bXMvc2hvd3RocmVhZC5waHA/dD04ODY5

In case you were looking for the last India in Pakistan thread, thats here:
http://www.browsingatwork.com/index...hZC5waHA/dD00NDUwJmFtcDtwYWdlPTEmYW1wO3BwPTE1
Its on the second page after you sort by replies, there were only like 10 pages and 100 something replies.

Last edited:
And then to think what would be the score if Butt didn't run himself out. :rolleyes:

I hope Pakistan will have a huge total tomorrow at tea, so they could declare and our bowlers can face the great openers in form in Ganguly and Sehwag.

ZexyZahid said:
I hope Pakistan will have a huge total tomorrow at tea, so they could declare and our bowlers can face the great openers in form in Ganguly and Sehwag.
Ganguly??? and Sehwag, great openers????????????? (..in test ):what

I haven't seen anything special in Dravid's captaincy today,he wasn't aspiring & backing up his bowlers much..just watching the boundaries,not talking to his bowlers etc also Pathan haven't been the same Pathan as he was in the previous tour although it is a batting paradise but Pathans follow through was not that as it used to be :rolleyes: India is surely missing Zaheer Khan in this match

ZexyZahid said:
And then to think what would be the score if Butt didn't run himself out. :rolleyes:

Yeah I was also thinking about that, but on the whole a great comeback by vice captain Younis Khan, this is a superb knock from him and he along with Yousuf have played the Indian bowlers very well.

cricket doctor said:
Ganguly??? and Sehwag, great openers????????????? (..in test ):what

It was a sarcastic post actually, since they both aren't really in form. They perform some time, but not consistently. Although Pakistan needs to be cautious about Sehwag.

scorpion_rulezz said:
I haven't seen anything special in Dravid's captaincy today,he wasn't aspiring & backing up his bowlers much..just watching the boundaries,not talking to his bowlers etc also Pathan haven't been the same Pathan as he was in the previous tour although it is a batting paradise but Pathans follow through was not that as it used to be :rolleyes: India is surely missing Zaheer Khan in this match

If I would have been an Indian fan I would have rather seen Zaheer Khan then Agarkar.

And I just saw that Younis Khan made three centuries in three consecutive matches against India. :happy :happy :clap :clap :cool: :cool:

aditya123 said:
ADVANTAGE PAKISTAN !
Younis loves the Indian bowling .
What about the green and bouncy pitches being talked about before the series ?
I expect a big on on this track by Veeru . Also, I expect a big one from eithr Sachin or Dravid .
India will somehow manage a draw on this one looking at how dead the pitch is !
A draw is indeed most likely. But Pakistan cannot lose this game now, so it gives their bowlers an added mental boost. And to be honest with the pitch as flat as it is we will need something special from the bowlers, and in Rana Naved, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami, you can expect just that.

cricket doctor said:
I reckon,Younis Khan raises his level against India. Looks like another double century for him tomorrow.
He has improved as a cricketer overall in the past 2 years and is now a vital member of this Pakistan side. He played well against England also. Credit once again to Bob Woolmer for getting the best out of his players.

m_vaughan said:
A draw is indeed most likely. But Pakistan cannot lose this game now, so it gives their bowlers an added mental boost. And to be honest with the pitch as flat as it is we will need something special from the bowlers, and in Rana Naved, Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami, you can expect just that.

Yeah now its upto the likes of Akhtar, Sami and Naved to get in that pace and reverse swing factor perhaps as the pitch wont do much for them. Sami must also prove that he is a good bowler in tests and make a comeback following Younis khan.

m_vaughan said:
Credit once again to Bob Woolmer for getting the best out of his players.
Yeah, definitely lots of credit goes to Bob Woolmer :hpraise for getting his players back on track. Can't believe these are the same Pakistani players,who played against Ind 2 years ago,when Miyandad was the coach. :onpc

Talking about pace, Irfan Pathan was bowling somewhere between 75-80 mph today. And with the pitch offering no assistance to swing for most of the day, I must say he is going nowhere with that sort of pace. Line and length I am afraid will not get you wickets on this pitch.

Hopefully he'll do well with the bat.

cricket doctor said:
Yeah, definitely lots of credit goes to Bob Woolmer :hpraise for getting his players back on track. Can't believe these are the same Pakistani players,who played against Ind 2 years ago,when Miyandad was the coach. :onpc
Those were 11 players and 1 coach..........now under Woolmer you have one team.

well.. we cant completely blame the bowlers.. they had absolutely NO and i mean NO assistance from the pitch whatsoever ! although he could have kept
the scoring rate / score a bit low.

anyways... i reckon this test will end up in a draw unless something like the "akhtar-kaneria" 1 hr show occurs :p

also, why the hell is ganguly opening ???? he has hardly ever opened in a test match and with akhtar in such a good form.. he is in real trouble :crying :cutit :gundown :mad

jk16_4 said:
also, why the hell is ganguly opening ???? he has hardly ever opened in a test match and with akhtar in such a good form.. he is in real trouble :crying :cutit :gundown :mad
.....because this is Ganguli's last test as an opener. btw, I can't remember he has ever batted as an opener in test matches. Can anybody?????

The 1st day of the 1st test at Lahore was'nt a good one for India, it was a good track which was bound for runs, Pakistan won the toss, and rightly batted first, it was a belta of a batting pitch and Pakistan took full advantage of it, for the Indian bowlers it was a day to forget, Pathan and Agarkar where bowling ok, but they was'nt fast enough on this pitch. Pathan took 1 wicket and the other wicket was a run out. Kumble did'nt bowl has well has he liked, and H singh did ok.

The next day all India could do is attack with the two spinners and hope they take enough wickets before Pakistan cross 500 runs, if they continue at this rate they are batting India out of the test.

Any suggestions for tommorows plans and tactics?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread