India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I last checked the score when Pakistan went to lunch with 110~ for 1. I thought, may be kumble or bhajji will turn things in postlunch session...and they didn't! Very good and convincing performances from Pakistan! and certainly they are in the driving seat!

I have no idea how the pitch is behaving but it should be a batsmen's paradise. For now, only two things are possible..pakistani win or a draw. It will all depend on how Indians play in their first innings...but before that, they have a big day tomorrow where they need to, desperately, pick up wickets.
From Pakistan POV, its all nice and easy.

come on Pak we just need to get to 450 maybe as quick as possible then bowl india out quickly which isnt gonna be easy

Hopefully the Indians can pull of something like Adelaide-if that is what I remember happening there.

Its time to play Attacking Cricket~ Good total on Day 1 made Pakistan stable now, Inzi, Kami, and Afridi and the two at the crease should play attacking cricket and declare at Tea.

prarara said:
Hopefully the Indians can pull of something like Adelaide-if that is what I remember happening there.

OR even Chennai 2001! Australia were the World Number One and still India could do that to them! I dont see why they cant do it against Pakistan tomorrow!

saisrini80 said:
OR even Chennai 2001! Australia were the World Number One and still India could do that to them! I dont see why they cant do it against Pakistan tomorrow!
I can see why.

Younis and Yousuf are going to be difficult to get out. Then look, Inzamam, and Afridi, and Kamran. Then Akhtar will defend forever, and I will get bored and shut off the TV :p , till Shoaib gets out. Then Rana, Sami, and Kaneria will get out, and hopefully things will go to Pakistan's plan! :)

Ganguly not opening! This seems interesting. Ganguly who is ready to open wants to open, but Dravid insists he will open because has experience playing at 0 for one when India lost a wicket without scoring!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/htcricket/7912_1598255,00160115.htm

When Ten Sports people took a batting order sheet to Chappell, he struck out Ganguly's name from the opener's slot and put his name in the No.5 slot! Interesting! And a decision that I expected! Still I wont believe that Dravid will open! It could be Ganguly himself or Irfan Pathan or even MS Dhoni! Thats Chappell! Cant say anything!

Well this news about Ganguly certainly is interesting, both Dhoni and Pathan, if anyone of them opens now will have a big task up his sleeve and will be tested for sure.

zMario said:
I can see why.

Younis and Yousuf are going to be difficult to get out. Then look, Inzamam, and Afridi, and Kamran. Then Akhtar will defend forever, and I will get bored and shut off the TV , till Shoaib gets out. Then Rana, Sami, and Kaneria will get out, and hopefully things will go to Pakistan's plan!
Of course, because Pakistan have the top batting line-up ni the world, right? :D

I don't know why everyone is writing off India in the match because of a poor first day. Things can swing really quickly in test cricket. If even half the Pakistani players take the attitude of a few people on this forum, the Pakistanis will be in trouble tomorrow. However, being professional cricketers, I'm sure they know better than to relax now.

It only takes a session to change the momentum of the game. The pitch is a batting beauty. If India are able to get a lucky session and string together a few wickets, they could be batting on this pitch by tea tomorrow. And India's batting line-up is not made of straw. The pitch is going to turn a lot more in the second innings, especially as cracks develop (and Pakistan's fast bowlers leave their footmarks), this is where India's bowling strength will be displayed.

I doubt someone like Pathan will be sent out to open because the last thing you want is to have him injured in the first match of an important tour. Dhoni, though, could be an option, especially if Pakistan rake up a higher score. I just hope India continues to play positively. Pakistan's bowlers are in good form, but I think it takes more than just form and skill to take 20 wickets on this pitch.

lets wait for day 2 to start, cant wait for Pakistan to bowl !! :p

sohummisra said:
Of course, because Pakistan have the top batting line-up ni the world, right? :D

I don't know why everyone is writing off India in the match because of a poor first day. Things can swing really quickly in test cricket. If even half the Pakistani players take the attitude of a few people on this forum, the Pakistanis will be in trouble tomorrow. However, being professional cricketers, I'm sure they know better than to relax now.

It only takes a session to change the momentum of the game. The pitch is a batting beauty. If India are able to get a lucky session and string together a few wickets, they could be batting on this pitch by tea tomorrow. And India's batting line-up is not made of straw. The pitch is going to turn a lot more in the second innings, especially as cracks develop (and Pakistan's fast bowlers leave their footmarks), this is where India's bowling strength will be displayed.

I doubt someone like Pathan will be sent out to open because the last thing you want is to have him injured in the first match of an important tour. Dhoni, though, could be an option, especially if Pakistan rake up a higher score. I just hope India continues to play positively. Pakistan's bowlers are in good form, but I think it takes more than just form and skill to take 20 wickets on this pitch.
bet365 gives india a 23 to 1 chance of winning LOL

Looks very grim to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread