India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
mohsinshahzad84 said:
i can guess what the next post is. probably dravid can get afridi out because he has never seen him bowling and it would be surprise for afridi and he will get him the first ball because he will be taking him easy . on and on.

A foolish attempt at being funny!

Sachin is a well known bowler and is much much better than being just a part timer! He has taken crucial wickets for India in the tests on various occasions! Rahul is justified in saying that Sachin might have a good chance against Afridi! NO one can forget the ball Sachin bowled that clean bowled Moin Khan in India's last tour against Pakistan in 2004!

He can come up with surprises!

I think you guys are being a bit unfair to Afridi. One doesn't need to just throw the ball in two inches away from where they last bowled it last to get him out. It can take some hard work.

nightprowler10 said:
I think you guys are being a bit unfair to Afridi. One doesn't need to just throw the ball in two inches away from where they last bowled it last to get him out. It can take some hard work.

I agree! Thats why the word 'MIGHT' is being used! We all know Afridi's talent! He can tear apart any bowler to the cleaners if he gets it going!

nightprowler10 said:
I understand that but Sehwag and Afridi are sort of players who often get out after hitting 2-3 consecutive boundaries. They get carried away in attempting to play predetermined shots and throw ther wicket away. All I was saying was that Sachin's variety might induce a incorrect shot from Afridi if he attempts a predetermined shot.

rahulk666 said:
I understand that but Sehwag and Afridi are sort of players who often get out after hitting 2-3 consecutive boundaries. They get carried away in attempting to play predetermined shots and throw ther wicket away. All I was saying was that Sachin's variety might induce a incorrect shot from Afridi if he attempts a predetermined shot.
You are right Rahul, you need to be smarter than Afridi sometimes,when bowling to him, and Sachin is good at it.

saisrini80 said:
I agree! Thats why the word 'MIGHT' is being used! We all know Afridi's talent! He can tear apart any bowler to the cleaners if he gets it going!
The same can be said for Sehwag, Dhoni and Gayle as well. If they get going, they'll win the match single-handed.

Almost 1000 posts before the series got under way. This thread is going to smash all the records on Planetcricket I think :D :happy :cheers

I hope the series turns out to be a cracker. May the best team win!!

Post no. 1000, posted by cricket doctor.
All the best India and Pakistan.

m_vaughan said:
I dont think thats a problem. When in form, he can be as dangerous as Kevin Pietersen or Andrew Flintoff.
Have you seen him smashing quality quickies??

Adarsh said:
He completely destroyed Vaas when he got 183 and Vaas is a very good bowler, if not very fast.
Yes, I didn't mean Dhoni is not a quality batsman.I too, personally like him very much. My point was that Sehwag, Afridi and Gayl have shown that they can smash any attack, anywhere in the world and on any pitch.

ronny_kingsley said:
Well what I said was if India's bowling isnt comparable to Pakistan's then even Pakistan's batting isnt in the same lague as the Indian.

I still stand by my English "lollypop" attack.Barring some good sessions against Aussies in the Ashes Pom bowling attack hasnt been very special.

Also lollypop was said in the context of the subcontinental conditions.

If Shoaib Akhtar is in form then what about Dhoni,Pathan,Dravid,Laxman,Yuvraj ??????

Also the series decider will be the spin front no matter what pitch conditions prevail.
Going by Kumble's form over a nos of years (remember AUstralia,Pakistan) he seems to be the major force in either bowling attack.

Akhtar will be bowling against :

SEHWAG not STRAUSS
TENDULKAR not VAUGHAN
DRAVID not BELL
LAXMAN not COLLINGWOOD
YUVRAJ/GANGULY not PIETRSON (subcontinental conditions considered)

So mate still any doubts ????????
yEH, the thing is you are a bit over confident , just wait for the series! :rolleyes:

saisrini80 said:
A foolish attempt at being funny!

Sachin is a well known bowler and is much much better than being just a part timer! He has taken crucial wickets for India in the tests on various occasions! Rahul is justified in saying that Sachin might have a good chance against Afridi! NO one can forget the ball Sachin bowled that clean bowled Moin Khan in India's last tour against Pakistan in 2004!

He can come up with surprises!

not at attempt it was prediction for fools that what is coming.

Tendulkar might have variety but he isn't as good as McGrath who i believe got smashed by afridi in last year's vb series. And has everybody forgotten razzaq who i believe can be more devastating than afridi when he gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread