India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think, on a cushy pitch, a player like Dravid could afford to play a little more extravagantly.

A bit of strange rule with the lights. This is certainly looking towards a draw.

ZexyZahid said:
A bit of strange rule with the lights. This is certainly looking towards a draw.
I would be very surprised if it dint end in a draw now. But full credit to one Virender Sehwag for the way he played. Good deliveries from Akhtar and Sami were being dispatched to fence.

Pakistan's bowling has been more threatening than India's. Shoaib Akhtar though very ragged with his line has done a semi-decent job.

I cant see them getting the Indians out twice in 2 days. A lot of crucial time was lost in today's play and this game is a draw.

Unless.....

angryangry said:
You would think, on a cushy pitch, a player like Dravid could afford to play a little more extravagantly.
I would think, Dravid being the captain, that he would play a responsible innings and stick at the crease just in case the unthinkable happens.

It would take something special from Pakistan to get India out to start with, forget the light and weather and all those external effects. This pitch is tailormade for batting. No matter how good Pakistan's bowling attack is, India's batting line-up could face them on this pitch.

That said, the pitch conditions may well change tomorrow if there is some rain and the pitch is allowed to sweat. Pakistan may get close to victory, but I think it would take something miraculous and a big change in the playing conditions.

The wicket is playing too well for the batsmen's liking! Even if the rain stops and the light improves, I cant see Pakistan bowling India out at all on this pitch! Sehwag played a superb innings! What shot making was that???

These type of pitches are not good for cricket at all. This will take away all the interest from the crowd for the game. (.....talking about test cricket)

Last edited:
Yup...This is gonna be a draw...not a very exciting start to the series everyone was waiting for...

true. It seems that even fast bowling greats Holding and Lillee have once said that this pitch is quite "useless" for pace bowlers..and they hated bowling.

i am waiting for the ODI's anyway :D ... test matches are so BooRING ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread