India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad for the A-Team game is pretty strong, got to see that the old campaigner Mohammad Wasim has been given a go after some pretty strong domestic performances, though perhaps he's leap frogged a more deserving Misbah Ul Haq.
Its also pleasing to see Bazid in the squad, he should really paly if Pakistan ever need an extra player in the middle order, his technique isn't too 'textbook correct' but he has great timing abilities, though not as great as his father.
I think that perhaps Hameed would have been a better option instead of Farhat, doesn't really make sense considering Hameed played against England in the last one dayer. But really I don't think he'll displace the opening pair that Pakistan used in the England test series, Bob is insistent on making the Butt - Malik combination work. They didn't do too badly against Eng, 3 partnerships of 50 or plus in 6 innings, not bad for a new pairing.

muhammad_inzi said:
he did change his name because he converted christian to islam.he change his religion now he is muslim.
I know he converted to Islam, I was just wondering why he changed his name. That's off topic though.

I would really love the Indian team doing very well in the Pakistan A practise match. What a good performance from the Indians will essentially do is that it will dilute all the talks about India playing in winter in Pakistan, Shoaib being much more better shape, Pakistan on a crest after beating England, Imran saying Pakistan winning easily.

On the other hand if India performs poorly then these talks will get even louder to a point where they can dent Indian player's confidence.

The practise match is going to gives us a good measure of how the series is going to shape up. I hope the Indians take this match seriously and perfrom well.

rahulk666 said:
I would really love the Indian team doing very well in the Pakistan A practise match. What a good performance from the Indians will essentially do is that it will dilute all the talks about India playing in winter in Pakistan, Shoaib being much more better shape, Pakistan on a crest after beating England, Imran saying Pakistan winning easily.

On the other hand if India performs poorly then these talks will get even louder to a point where they can dent Indian player's confidence.

The practise match is going to gives us a good measure of how the series is going to shape up. I hope the Indians take this match seriously and perfrom well.

Cant say exactly Rahul! Our most important players like Sehwag and Kumble aint gonna play in this match (thats what the news is for now!). These two can be potential match turners and if they come and are in the side for the tests, it would be a boost for the side! even Saurav Ganguly would not be playing the practice match and who knows, if he can strike form in the tests, then we would do well.

I dont think Chappell will let the boys lose so much confidence after a small warm up match! Nor would Dravid!

The ODI Schedule has been announced.

1st ODI - Rawalpindi
Feb 6

2nd ODI - Peshawar
Feb 8

3rd ODI - Lahore
Feb 12

4th ODI - Multan
Feb 15

5th ODI - Karachi
Feb 19

rahulk666 said:

This isn't always the case....one example I can think of is India's tour of Pakistan in 2004 when we lost the practice one day match against Pakistan A, but we went on to win the ODI series against Pakistan 3-2....Practice matches are better for seeing which players are in form rather then depecting who'll win the series......

Razzaq faces race against time to be fit

Daily News

December 29, 2005

Abdul Razzaq, Pakistan's experienced allrounder, faces a race against time to be fit and available for the first Test against India from January 13, after being hospitalised with a severe chest infection in Lahore. Razzaq, who has played 37 Tests and 201 One-day Internationals, was taken to hospital after running high fever and severe coughing bouts which were diagnosed to be due to a chest infection.

"Doctors say that the recovery process is going to be slow because the infection is severe and will take time to be eliminated. I am feeling very weak at the moment and really don't know when I will be able to resume full training and playing cricket again," Razzaq said on Wednesday.

Razzaq has been a key member of the Pakistan Test and one-day squads for the last two years and recently also missed the Test series against England due to an elbow injury, the cause of which was found to be a damaged tissue in his hand.

He recovered in time to play in all five One-day Internationals against the England side. "I am very disappointed because I am looking forward to the Indian series and the training camp also starts from January 6. I don't know if I would be able to join the camp or how long it will take for me to make a complete recovery," he said.

Razzaq said he was hoping to be fit for the first Test in Lahore but would act only on doctors advice. Another allrounder Shoaib Malik has also undergone surgery on his heels five days back to remove painful corns, which caused him a lot of problems during the series against England. Malik who opened against England has however been told by his doctors he can resume training in a week's time.

Source: http://usa.cricinfo.com

andrew_nixon said:
He is Yousuf Youhana, yes. He changed his name for some reason.
It is very common for people to change their names once they convert from one religion to another, just like Tillakaratne Dilshan used to be known as Tuwan Mohammad Dilshan before he converted from Islam to Buddhism. I'm sure it has something to do with being a new person and whatnot. In Yousuf's case, I think it has to do with the fact that the Youhana family across Pakistan is predominantly Christain, also didn't his mother say that he couldn't keep the family name?

nightprowler10 said:
In Yousuf's case, I think it has to do with the fact that the Youhana family across Pakistan is predominantly Christain, also didn't his mother say that he couldn't keep the family name?
From what I read, his mother was annoyed that he'd changed his name. She couldn't see why he had too.

and all this is going offtopic ???

and think Yousuf will have a good series ...

vibs89 said:
The ODI Schedule has been announced.

1st ODI - Rawalpindi
Feb 6

2nd ODI - Peshawar
Feb 8

3rd ODI - Lahore
Feb 12

4th ODI - Multan
Feb 15

5th ODI - Karachi
Feb 19

Multan :happy-hopin' for another sehwag 309: this time in the ODI's!!

saisrini80 said:
Cant say exactly Rahul! Our most important players like Sehwag and Kumble aint gonna play in this match (thats what the news is for now!). These two can be potential match turners and if they come and are in the side for the tests, it would be a boost for the side! even Saurav Ganguly would not be playing the practice match and who knows, if he can strike form in the tests, then we would do well.

I dont think Chappell will let the boys lose so much confidence after a small warm up match! Nor would Dravid!

Ganguly's inclusion in the first test will depend on his Ranji match against TN.
Gambhir's will be based on the tour match.

Tour match will be important, especially playing under different conditions. It will be a bit colder and dew on the pitch, so batsmen should really settle down and get into the groove for the series ahead.
It'll be a good chance for Zaheer and RP Singh to try and measure the conditions.
It is very important to have every player in the squad ready. Pakistan is one of the best teams today!

Cricketman93 said:
Multan :happy-hopin' for another sehwag 309: this time in the ODI's!!

Lol how can you hit 309 from Shewag that too in ODI. If it's test then yeah obvious I'm hopping too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread