India in South Africa

Jaffer repays the Indian selectors for keeping the faith. India is a good position atm as these two can bat for ages and put SA well and truely out of this one.

hah! CMON INDIA!
My hero KKD, WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL! :happy
Cmon, Tendulkar tripple ton, Ganguly double, laxman double, and sehwag....err I'll be happy if he makes 2.

Yesterday, Jaffer n Karthik played an superb innings! Well done Indian openers... After a long long time, great opening stand! SA skipper once again missed a catch in slips though!

Also gud to see Dravid getting some runs too but that was an excellent delivery from Pollock dismissing Dravid. Well, with Sachin settled at the crease and Laxman's good form in this series, i guess this pair can create another big partnership!

Also, Jaffer is the Seventh Indian to score century in SA soil it seems.. I am not sure though!

Today, If India can reach around 450, then its going to more pressure on SA team and once again, i am hoping more from Kumble in bowling ;)

partnership going good, I hope this pair can continue till tea, and let sehwag loose.

noooo SACHIN:( gone for 64 off Harris caught at slip

SEHWAG here now...

350/5 at lunch Sehwag at 12 and Dada at 34.

Was in wonderful touch, Sachin, and Ganguly too looking good. Moving Sehwag down the order might just be what the doctored ordered for him, and India. Lets see how the second session unfolds.

Dada's 50 is here :happy Sehwag entertaining us here and both of them playing well

and Sehwag goes for 40 playing his SLOG SWEEP again, Ntini taking a good catch

Kumble goes for 0.... i jus hope Dada and the rest can take us to 450...

India ends 414 all out, a little disappointing but its good enough and it would be good to see how Kumble bowls here:)

Oh, what a disappointing end?? Sehwag and Ganguly were effortlessly scoring at over 4 runs an over. Sehwag played that mindless sweep. Even in the poorest of form, he wont learn, I think. Very poor learner! He needs a harsh word from the management! He was looking superb at that moment!

Dada batted well for his 66. He was beaten by Pollock with that slower delivery and credit to Pollock. I wont blame Ganguly for that dismissal. He batted very well for his 66. It was Sehwag who started that rut. It should have been 480 odd. We have ended up at least 50 runs short of where we should have been! Credit to South Africa for bowling very well today.

But still, 414 is a very good total on a wicket that is gripping and turning viciously. One just hopes that this wicket stays as it is. Kumble could get good help. I wish Dravid turns to Sachin Tendulkar more today. South Africa dont have much left handers, and Tendulkar with the rough patch outside the right hander's leg stump could pose plenty of problems. I think Sachin is going to be a key player for India when they come out. The fast bowlers shouldnt bowl too much. It should be spin and more spin!

cricket_lover said:
Was in wonderful touch, Sachin, and Ganguly too looking good. Moving Sehwag down the order might just be what the doctored ordered for him, and India. Lets see how the second session unfolds.

Looks like Sehwag didnt gain in any confidence from his batting today. He played his usual self. No change in his gameplay. Had it been Durban, he would have got out for less than 10. Since its Cape Town, he got 40.

Grounds change, but Sehwag doesnt change. He seems to be a big fan of Indian superstar Amitabh Bachchan's movie 'Mohabbatein' (I dont like changes).

Sreesanth picks up AB de Villiers.....KUMBLE into the attack now :)

Sai said:
Looks like Sehwag didnt gain in any confidence from his batting today. He played his usual self. No change in his gameplay. Had it been Durban, he would have got out for less than 10. Since its Cape Town, he got 40.

Grounds change, but Sehwag doesnt change. He seems to be a big fan of Indian superstar Amitabh Bachchan's movie 'Mohabbatein' (I dont like changes).

Well, with quick 40 from just 49 balls with six fours and one six, Sehwag must have gained atleast a bit of confidence!

Is there any special gameplay for Sehwag??? Isnt he a nartural striker of the ball..? If he tend to stick to some strategy, definitely he wud fail.

Sachin and Sourav played in excellent way. Tendulkar missed the century. I guess its the first time that Sachin returning from SA without a century.. I remember hearing in TV that " Sachin has never missed a century in SA soil " ( I am not sure though )

Sourav's comeback in this test shd be an unforgettable for him and it wud help him to enter ODI squad as well i guess.

Finally,Pollock's 4 wickets is of Top class as usual. I guess, Harris must have impressed SA to get 4 wickets in debut! :)

EDIT :-
No prbs Sai! :) As far as i remembered i edited again! ;)

Last edited:
Just was checking into Saurav's stats for this series

Matches: 3
Innings: 5
Notout's: 1
Runs: 168
Average: 42.00
S/R: 67.46

Well, thats very good for someone like Saurav Ganguly who was expected to face chin music from the South Africans and was expected to fail in this tour where many said he cant face the South African bowling on bouncy pitches. Also need to remember that he was coming back at a time when one thought his career was over and he was fighting a losing battle. Also his relation with the coach is not in good terms and his relation within the team was also not good! But he has got through the stern test very well and has had a successful series by all means.

The way he batted today, he certainly showed lot of signs that he can be an extremely valuable player for India in the one dayers. I think India would do itself a great service and would boost its World Cup chances a lot if it selects Saurav Ganguly into the ODI side. He can be a great asset to the ODI team with his batting. Even in the fielding, he can be at the slips most of the time, so it doesnt matter much.

saisrini80 said:
The way he batted today, he certainly showed lot of signs that he can be an extremely valuable player for India in the one dayers. I think India would do itself a great service and would boost its World Cup chances a lot if it selects Saurav Ganguly into the ODI side.

Well, i wud prefer, Ganguly and Tendulkar once again have to open in ODIs and continue their records in partnerships ;)

Ganguly wud be definitely back in absence of Yuvraj. However Raina is not going to be selected in next ODI series.(mostly) Sehwag struggling in ODIs. So Sourav and Sachin shd open again and Sehwag might come as no 3 though!

Also i have a feeling, almost its going to be 2003 WC squad in 07 WC also except minor changes like Dhoni,Sree and Munaf. But lets see, still time to go for that!

Currently, badly wanting a Test series win in SA :)

surendar said:
Well, i wud prefer, Ganguly and Tendulkar once again have to open in ODIs and continue their records in partnerships ;)

Ganguly wud be definitely back in absence of Yuvraj. However Raina is not going to be selected in next ODI series.(mostly) Sehwag struggling in ODIs. So Sourav and Sachin shd open again and Sehwag might come as no 3 though!

Also i have a feeling, almost its going to be 2003 WC squad in 07 WC also except minor changes like Dhoni,Sree and Munaf. But lets see, still time to go for that!

Currently, badly wanting a Test series win in SA :)

Quite possible. From the last ODI series, its unlikely that Raina and Mongia will be selected again. Ganguly is coming in for at least one of them. Kaif will retain his spot due to his fielding. Dinesh Karthick will also be retaining a spot due to his batting.

Winning the series would be quite a tremendous comeback by India after the mauling in the ODI's. The job is not over yet! Its over to our spinners now!

Edit: Dravid wasting time here and allowing Smith and Amla to get a good partnership going! Dravid has to bring in Kumble and either of Sehwag and Tendulkar soon!

Nothing in the wicket for the fast bowlers. Dont know what Dravid's thinking about. Commentators are already talking abt a certain match between New Zealand and South Africa on the same ground which ended in a high scoring draw!

Edit: India in a spot of bother here! Nothing from the pitch for them, even Kumble doesnt seem that threatening as it was made out to be! Horrible fielding by Munaf Patel and berloe average fielding from others!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread