India Team Discussion

cricfan123

Club Cricketer
ZIM...

This attitude! I don't get it! someone remind him that he hasn't won a dime in the last 12 years- no World Cups, no WTCs and no IPLs!
Lol he won the world cup in 2011 get your facts right

cricfan123

Club Cricketer
ZIM...
It not always about winning trophies, kholi could have easily joined Mumbai or Chennai back in 2018 and won a ipl, but he loved playing for rcb jersey yeah thats where his ipl career begin its about loyalty.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Lol he won the world cup in 2011 get your facts right
So, that's like 13 years ago, right? My post clearly mentioned 12 years.
It not always about winning trophies, kholi could have easily joined Mumbai or Chennai back in 2018 and won a ipl, but he loved playing for rcb jersey yeah thats where his ipl career begin its about loyalty.
When you own a stake of that franchise, would you play for someone else?

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
With due respect to VVS the cricketer, I would be happy not to have to listen to 'Taakurr' kinda commentary. The whole Hindi commentary bunch barring Vivek Razdan especially the former cricketers is a pain to listen to.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
VVS Laxman as coach means the trophy drought won't end. Nothing against him, but the man hasn't done enough at the NCA. Dravid had done far better as the head of the NCA+ coach of U19.

Also, it is a misnomer that India won the U19 CWC under VVS. The coach for that team was Kanitkar.

I do hope they choose a foreigner this time round. Stephen Fleming would be the perfect candidate but the BCCI will have to bend the rules a bit for that to happen.(i.e. let Fleming coach CSK as well)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
VVS Laxman as coach means the trophy drought won't end. Nothing against him, but the man hasn't done enough at the NCA. Dravid had done far better as the head of the NCA+ coach of U19.

Also, it is a misnomer that India won the U19 CWC under VVS. The coach for that team was Kanitkar.

I do hope they choose a foreigner this time round. Stephen Fleming would be the perfect candidate but the BCCI will have to bend the rules a bit for that to happen.(i.e. let Fleming coach CSK as well)

There’s no way the BCCI would allow that to happen owing to conflict of interest and the workload of an Indian team. Can’t remember if any cricket coach has ever managed a domestic side and an international team at the same time. Seen it happen in football on few occasions but the folks over there are a lot more receptive of such bias due to how vital teamwork is for the international sport there.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
There’s no way the BCCI would allow that to happen owing to conflict of interest and the workload of an Indian team. Can’t remember if any cricket coach has ever managed a domestic side and an international team at the same time. Seen it happen in football on few occasions but the folks over there are a lot more receptive of such bias due to how vital teamwork is for the international sport there.
Mickey Arthur had two jobs; Pakistan and Derbyshire.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mickey certainly didn’t treat it like one either.
Oh come on! You anti WFH corporate mogul! He was a first in cricket to be a WFH coach. Why are you against it?

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like the 2024 Wisden Almanack has an article about the World Cup and the political environment around it. Good read.

Users who are viewing this thread