Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India Cricket News: India-WI Tests planned for November; uncertainty over SA tour | ESPN Cricinfo

So if they do go on with this WI test series which is very much likely, than it is likely to be Sachin's last series. They are planning 2nd test and Sachin 200'th test at Wankhede which can be the perfect stage for him to retire. I am not sure how I should react if that does happen because there will be 3 overseas tour right after that.

Articlae also mentions about "clouds over India's tour of South Africa". Well it would be stupid of BCCI if they abandon South Africa tour just because their problems with Haroon Lorgat. Right now, N. Srinivasan has said that South African tour is still on so I hope they continue with that.

----------

India Cricket News: Uncertainty over India's South Africa tour schedule | ESPN Cricinfo

nandu saju

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The idea of a windies tour is a good one. Sachin could retire at India and that too at hi homeground would be great.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Went for a duck and then scored a century :eek: ,interesting

If you are going to send a player away to play himself back into contention I think you have to wait until he's actually managed to play himself back into contention before giving him a recall.

a century for essex is good going considering his recent form but it's still just one century, it wouldn't be getting anyone else picked.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The idea of a windies tour is a good one. Sachin could retire at India and that too at hi homeground would be great.

By that I have heard, the tour will have 2 test matches series followed by 5 match ODI series. Now before the Indian team goes to South Africa, they are due to play a 7 ODIs and a T20I against Australia at home which ends on November 2nd while the matches against South Africa begin from November 21st. That is 15 days of cricket during WI vs India series will be played in just 18 days, and they have to travel to South Africa with this period itself. Too much for one player isn't it? Think without honestly without any emotional attachment to the player and you know this is not good for cricket and other players in the Indian team ahead of the all important series against South Africa.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
By that I have heard, the tour will have 2 test matches series followed by 5 match ODI series. Now before the Indian team goes to South Africa, they are due to play a 7 ODIs and a T20I against Australia at home which ends on November 2nd while the matches against South Africa begin from November 21st. That is 15 days of cricket during WI vs India series will be played in just 18 days, and they have to travel to South Africa with this period itself. Too much for one player isn't it? Think without honestly without any emotional attachment to the player and you know this is not good for cricket and other players in the Indian team ahead of the all important series against South Africa.

And that is why I said in my previous post that there is "a cloud over South Africa series".

India set to trim South Africa tour - The Times of India

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Now they say there will be 3 not 5 ODIs in the series but the South Africa tour might still have to trimmed down. Got to feel for WI cricketers who are used as puppets so that Sachin Tendulkar can reach the milestone at his homeground. We used to be the boss once. Is the financial condition of WICB so bad that they have to agree on that tour coming out of the blue? Does ICC have nothing to say on this? All that and CSA is left is complete bewilderment due to the rumors. Does not help cricket at all. The questions here are: 1. Is BCCI above ICC? 2. Is Sachin above the game?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Now they say there will be 3 not 5 ODIs in the series but the South Africa tour might still have to trimmed down. Got to feel for WI cricketers who are used as puppets so that Sachin Tendulkar can reach the milestone at his homeground. We used to be the boss once. Is the financial condition of WICB so bad that they have to agree on that tour coming out of the blue? Does ICC have nothing to say on this? All that and CSA is left is complete bewilderment due to the rumors. Does not help cricket at all. The questions here are: 1. Is BCCI above ICC? 2. Is Sachin above the game?

Let's dig a little deeper in the whole issue rather than making judgement from a couple of articles.

As soon as CSA posted the itinerary for India's tour of South Africa, BCCI objected straight away because it included 3 tests which is good but 7 ODI's. Are you kidding me, 7 officialing ODI's? And 2 T20's.

India in South Africa 2013-14 : BCCI objects to South Africa tour itinerary | Cricket News | South Africa v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Now if you remember, India travelled to South Africa in 2012 just to play a meaningless T20 match.That match was held as a tribute for Kalis. That match was not scheduled in the FTP but those Indian players still travelled all the way to South Africa just to play one meaningless T20. Does that mean BCCI is CSA's puppet or those players are puppets who were used just to make that tribute match happen for Kalis?

It's not like they have forced the WI players to come to India. If WI board denied this offer, BCCI would have called some other team over because they want to lay a perfect platform for Sachin to retire in his home ground. Obviously he deserves that after what he has done for India and the game of cricket in last 2 decades. So Sachin is not above the game but what he has done for the country is enough to give him this opportunity to achieve this milestone in his home ground or country.

Again, the first question you asked can be true because BCCI has often violated FTP so it's nothing new but this time it is for good. And it is very likely that South Africa tour will be down to 2 tests, 3 ODI's and a T20. BCCI and CSA has been very friendly towards each other since South Africa's readmission into International cricket but this recent appointment of Haroon Lorgat as a CSA chief is causing all this issues between the boards.

Last edited:

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am upset with BCCI actually. They are planning a series against a rather weak team that too in home conditions just for Sachin. Playing 200th test in testing conditions against the likes of Steyn and Morkel is better than playing in flat tracks against a weak team, this is very dissapointing :(

nandu saju

School Cricketer
I would love to see Sachin playing his last test in India but going to SA with no experienced batsmen like Sachin is not gonna help Indian side,and we should remember that sachin had achieved the two main milestones of 50 centuries in test and 200* in test at SA conditions.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Let's dig a little deeper in the whole issue rather than making judgement from a couple of articles.

As soon as CSA posted the itinerary for India's tour of South Africa, BCCI objected straight away because it included 3 tests which is good but 7 ODI's. Are you kidding me, 7 officialing ODI's? And 2 T20's.

India in South Africa 2013-14 : BCCI objects to South Africa tour itinerary | Cricket News | South Africa v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Now if you remember, India travelled to South Africa in 2012 just to play a meaningless T20 match.That match was held as a tribute for Kalis. That match was not scheduled in the FTP but those Indian players still travelled all the way to South Africa just to play one meaningless T20. Does that mean BCCI is CSA's puppet or those players are puppets who were used just to make that tribute match happen for Kalis?

It's not like they have forced the WI players to come to India. If WI board denied this offer, BCCI would have called some other team over because they want to lay a perfect platform for Sachin to retire in his home ground. Obviously he deserves that after what he has done for India and the game of cricket in last 2 decades. So Sachin is not above the game but what he has done for the country is enough to give him this opportunity to achieve this milestone in his home ground or country.

Again, the first question you asked can be true because BCCI has often violated FTP so it's nothing new but this time it is for good. And it is very likely that South Africa tour will be down to 2 tests, 3 ODI's and a T20. BCCI and CSA has been very friendly towards each other since South Africa's readmission into International cricket but this recent appointment of Haroon Lorgat as a CSA chief is causing all this issues between the boards.

3 tests and 7 ODIs definitely looks too much but no more when you see they are to played over the period of 3 months. Not sure whether the one off T20I between India and South Africa back in 2012 was a tribute to Kallis as his homeground is Newlands, Capetown and not New Wanderers, Johannesburg but my point here is why would not want Sachin to play against South Africa and then schedule a home series for him after NZ series in the month of March (no IPL too in that month I guess) rather than forcing him to retire by messing up with the schedule? Mind you it is not confirmed he will retire. Sachin fan or not, you would not like such a great sportsmen to retire against a weaker team. Instead, you or definitely myself would love to see him taking on the likes of Mornes and Steyns on their grounds like a gritty cricketer should be and then retire in the home series (scheduled at last minute of course) on a high. If he retires after WI series, there would be this feeling that he was made to escape (might be not the apt word) from his biggest test of fitness and technique at his age. Some people might even argue that he extended his career for reaching the milestone of playing 200 test matches. A series after South Africa series would have been fitting platform for Sachin to bid adieu and that would not have disturbed the schedule much.

Meanwhile, WI confirms the tour. Fixtures are still to be announced. At least on cricinfo.

nandu saju

School Cricketer
Sachin too is not happy with BCCI for arranging the Windies Tour.He asks ?Where is the rush? I have this formula, don't jump forward, this is how I have approached my career. I am not looking at the 200th Test. I will think about it when I get there.?
Starsprorts interview with Sachin proves that he is ready to wait for the 200th test
Live Cricket | Tendulkar in no rush to retire from game | Features | Star Sports

Users who are viewing this thread