India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dhoni`s choice of pacers overseas baffles me to say the least. The first game of as overseas tour loaded in favor of pace and we decide to drop Umesh Yadav, going for the medium pace of Mohit instead. Yes, Yadav can spray it around a bit but we have lost a great opportunity of coming hard at SA with pace at both ends (Shami and Yadav). The rest of the tour will peter out like most overseas tours now.

aditya123

National Board President
Its going to be a washout in any case, so its not going to matter. With the mess that BCCI have created, we could have a pointless tour instead of one that would have been rivetting. Add to that the weather and we could be looking at a washed out tour.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I guess things are getting a bit iffy because Bhuvneshwar kumar hasn't been upto the mark lately. He hasn't got those early wickets that he used to do. I don't think we have bowled too badly, just a bit short. Even though there were talks of a grassy pitch, there isn't much side movement but just enough movement of the seam. They really need to break this partnership because the average score is 222 on this ground which is quite surprising looking at the way pitch has behaved so far.

aditya123

National Board President
I guess things are getting a bit iffy because Bhuvneshwar kumar hasn't been upto the mark lately. He hasn't got those early wickets that he used to do. I don't think we have bowled too badly, just a bit short. Even though there were talks of a grassy pitch, there isn't much side movement but just enough movement of the seam. They really need to break this partnership because the average score is 222 on this ground which is quite surprising looking at the way pitch has behaved so far.

Wait till our batsmen dance to the tunes of Steyn, Morkel and Co.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mohit does not swing the ball too much but he gets that seam movement. The surprising thing is he hasn't looked great in the last match he played against WI and same here because he is not getting that seam movement. His seam is wobbling and not even pitching upright. Plus his pace does not help him abstract that movement that Shami is getting. The thing is seam movement is there but you require that extra pace to take advantage of it. Shami has that pace but Mohit does not. Plus he is bowling too short in between which allows the batsmen to free their arms. You have to try Umesh Yadav in the next game. He is wayward but at least he has that pace and natural out swinger which will work well on these surfaces.

Our death bowling is absolutely shit.

srk121

International Coach
Why would you want to go with 5 bowlers on a bowler friendly pitch ? :facepalm . 4 should do the job .
It is a like going with 7 batsmen on a batting friendly wicket .
:D

Well 4 clear have not done their job.. 357/4 abysmal performance. With the bowling lineup i am convinced India will see 320 plus score every day of the week.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL - we concede 350+
I wasn't able to follow the game [ :( ]. How good/bad is the wicket ??

India has done it recently, chasing 350+. BUT, this is Steyn and co, and one of the best fielding units. A whole different game. Saffers would have to underperform big time to lose this

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The 3 (out of the 4) highest run scorers of the year being given a major workout here ..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don't think india can win this at all, the score's too high and the bowling ferocious. I have been impressed with kohli's handling of the short ball though.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It will be an achievement if we even win one match on this tour.

----------

Unless of course If Jadeja scores 300 in one of the test matches and saves the day.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
RunOuts are heartbreaking in such trying conditions .. and we have had two already

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Whoaa.... Wait guys! We are just into the first game of the tour and already talk is about India not winning any game in this tour, etc. Have you guys forgotten the classic Indian excuse that "we are poor starters"? I do believe in that excuse though. We always tend to do bad in the first game or two, and then improve as the tour progresses (and good thing is, the tests are after the ODI's). And we have had two run outs in those 5 wkts that we have lost so far.

We still have Dhoni and Jadeja in the middle, with Ashwin to come (Ashwin has shown to bat decently in overseas conditions). If we can get to 250+ here, I think it would be OK. Getting to 300+ would give me good satisfaction.

P.s: As usual, the BCCI screws up by not having the tour start with a warm up game. Morons!:mad

Users who are viewing this thread