India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
There goes Duminy. Oh, boy has this game turned on its head after tea! India need to keep up this intensity. They seem to have got some reverse going now. Shami has`nt bowled a lot and one strong spell from him can really make it interesting.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh boy. oh boy.... They are falling like a deck of cards :eek:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this all can be credited to Zaheer. He contributes a lot more than his bowling. He guides these youngsters and also master at reverse swing. He's the one who must be maintaining the shine on the ball for reverse. :clap

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
tbf, I did not expect this (also, half way through the second innings isn't the time to get cocky) however, I do really rate this indian side and it is statisfying to see them do so well.

heck, even if they go on to lose from here they have more than aquitted themselves well enough to show they'll be a threat abroad in years to come.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Boy oh boy oh boy!!! Am I dreaming here? India are on fire (atleast till now). I would have thought seeing India's final total of 280 that it was a little too low, but the Indian bowlers have made it look very healthy. And Ishant Sharma!!!! Well, I stand vindicated..... I was backing this guy to play this test ahead of Yadav (purely on form/confidence) and he vindicates my stand. And I have a feeling that Ishant seems a different guy with Zaheer in the fold.

Bundling SA out for less than 200 would be FANTASTIC!! In the 2nd innings, we should not expect the same freebies that the SA bowlers gave us in the first innings. So getting as big a lead as possible should be the key goal. This test match is incredibly exciting... Sad that I'm not able to watch it live.:facepalm

aditya123

National Board President
This partnership between Faf and Vern has somewhat calmed the SA innings. I get a bad feeling about this now.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I feel like Zaheer Khan is our bowling coach and not Joe Dawes. He has guided both Ishant and Shami very well so far in the game. Yes, we are generally very poor in terms of getting the tail out. We need to get them out quickly and try to achieve a decent lead.

aditya123

National Board President
We should look at Zak and Ashwin to break this stand. Its now starting to become dangerous for us now. Zak is the man to break this partnership.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am starting to worry now. Giving Philander the opportunity to play good shots is not giving me confidence. We need a wicket here. The lead is already down to close to just 100 odd. Dhoni needs to ring in changes to the bowling. Bring Zak or Ashwin into the attack. Try something different.

scratch978

Club Captain
It all looked like SA will again dominate the match and the usual stories and media claiming and questioning players. But after the last few overs, everything seems to be very very opposite..

I am checking the score after half an hour and it shows 6 wickets. OMG!!! goose bumps. Great to see Indian bowlers (pacers) making their comeback especially Zaheer and Ishant!!

This is the reason, I always argue with my friends that Test matches are 'The Best'. And any other format would have lesser thrill. This match is a clear evidence which is having all twists and turns. 11 wickets in 2 sessions. What more is waiting for us? Eagerly waiting for it.

----------

am starting to worry now. Giving Philander the opportunity to play good shots is not giving me confidence. We need a wicket here. The lead is already down to close to just 100 odd. Dhoni needs to ring in changes to the bowling. Bring Zak or Ashwin into the attack. Try something different.

India should have played with 4 pace bowlers. Why do we have Ashwin in the team? I am sure our pacers are exhausted bowling continuously. Ishant has been warned already. What if he cannot bowl again for this innings? And can you imagine if India were in a position to impose the follow-on.:yes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nearing end of the day and Zaheer Khan!!! We need this combo to reprise its magic. Zaheer is the magic man for 'end of day wickets'. Hope he gets us that again today.

----------

India should have played with 4 pace bowlers. Why do we have Ashwin in the team? I am sure our pacers are exhausted bowling continuously. Ishant has been warned already. What if he cannot bowl again for this innings? And can you imagine if India were in a position to impose the follow-on.:yes

Can't really say that. Even though this wicket has helped fast bowlers, its not a fast bowler's paradise. Its a good batting wicket with good pace and bounce, that's all. So picking a spinner was not the bad choice, esp. when India picks a spinner against SA. Having Tahir against India might sound like a not so wise choice, but picking Ashwin vs SA is not as bad. Who knows, these guys might play a bigger role come 2nd innings.

Users who are viewing this thread