India to play five ODIs, one T20I in West Indies in June-July

Itinerary

1st ODI, Queen's Park Oval, June 23

2nd ODI, Queen's Park Oval, June 25

3rd ODI, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, June 30

4th ODI, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, July 2

5th ODI, Sabina Park, July 6

Only T20I, Sabina Park, July 9

Windies have always given tough time to India, Remember the last T20 WC semi-final. But those players have gone. Windies fought really hard with Pakistan and must be riding a bit higher in their confidence that they can compete at the top level still.

Windies have always given tough time to India, Remember the last T20 WC semi-final. But those players have gone. Windies fought really hard with Pakistan and must be riding a bit higher in their confidence that they can compete at the top level still.

I don`t think India will send a full team to this series. Although WI have troubled us in T20Is, mainly in the WC, they`ve been poor against India in all other formats for a long time now. WI have`nt beaten India in a test (home or away) since 2002. We`ve also won most of our bilateral ODIs in the previous few tours. Other Asian sides have struggled against WI in comparison, mainly in the longer formats.

A second string side is obviously on the ranks for this series.

I don`t think India will send a full team to this series. Although WI have troubled us in T20Is, mainly in the WC, they`ve been poor against India in all other formats for a long time now. WI have`nt beaten India in a test (home or away) since 2002. We`ve also won most of our bilateral ODIs in the previous few tours. Other Asian sides have struggled against WI in comparison, mainly in the longer formats.

Yea Windies have the most chance in T20 format even more if India doesn't send their full team. Are Gayle, Bravo and Sammy are still out due to contract disputes?

I am not sure when these tours get planned, But if they are instant and by choice at any time then this is a smart move by both Cricket boards. Sending a weaker Indian team may result in loose and ultimately Windies can go up in rankings, Means some hurdles for direct qualification for Pakistan in World Cup, but oh well CT is here and things will get clear in the tournament.

People like Krunal Pandya and Nitish Rana might get a chance, KP has been a standout in domestic this year.

I am not sure when these tours get planned, But if they are instant and by choice at any time then this is a smart move by both Cricket boards. Sending a weaker Indian team may result in loose and ultimately Windies can go up in rankings, Means some hurdles for direct qualification for Pakistan in World Cup, but oh well CT is here and things will get clear in the tournament.
We have series against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, apart from CT. And we have a seven point advantage over WI, which is not easy to bridge.

What other Asian sides? Last time Bangladesh toured the Caribbean or Pakistan before this year? India play WI every couple years to gain points off a historically strong turned weak team!

A prime reason why the Indians remain against the Test League proposal because like this tour and the current FTP set up the politics and corruption involved!

This most likely is BCCI way of manipulating the WiCB into supporting them once more. Finnese the carribbean perople as always!

What other Asian sides? Last time Bangladesh toured the Caribbean or Pakistan before this year? India play WI every couple years to gain points off a historically strong turned weak team!

A prime reason why the Indians remain against the Test League proposal because like this tour and the current FTP set up the politics and corruption involved!

This most likely is BCCI way of manipulating the WiCB into supporting them once more. Finnese the carribbean perople as always!

India toured the WI for test matches in 2006, 2011 and 2016, once every four years, same as other sides. Pakistan`s tours have been in 2005, 2011 and 2017, no different to that of India`s. The problem is that you see things which you want to see. That does`nt make them facts though.

India have`nt lost a test against WI, home or away since 2002. However, sides like Pakistan (thrice), SL (twice), NZ (twice) and even England (twice) have lost test matches to WI in the same duration. If the WI side was that weak a side, why did these other sides fail to take advantage?

India toured the WI for test matches in 2006, 2011 and 2016, once every four years, same as other sides. Pakistan`s tours have been in 2005, 2011 and 2017, no different to that of India`s. The problem is that you see things which you want to see. That does`nt make them facts though.

India have`nt lost a test against WI, home or away since 2002. However, sides like Pakistan (thrice), SL (twice), NZ (twice) and even England (twice) have lost test matches to WI in the same duration. If the WI side was that weak a side, why did these other sides fail to take advantage?

How many times have the WI toured India in that space of time? One off teat wins in the space of almost two decades says zilch playboy! Recall this is the same connection than fixed the '83 WC for India to win!

So why are India touring this year if its fixed as you say for every 4 years? They toured the Caribbean last year didnt they?[DOUBLEPOST=1495278709][/DOUBLEPOST]
India to play five ODIs, one T20I in West Indies in June-July

Itinerary

1st ODI, Queen's Park Oval, June 23

2nd ODI, Queen's Park Oval, June 25

3rd ODI, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, June 30

4th ODI, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, July 2

5th ODI, Sabina Park, July 6

Only T20I, Sabina Park, July 9

They recently opened a new stadium in Trinidad, named after Brian Lara, surprised no matches are being played there!

How many times have the WI toured India in that space of time?
They toured India in 2011,2013 and 2014 too (test matches were cancelled due to wi players dispute)
And the current tour is only LO matches no need to make mountain out of the molehill its typical of you.

India play WI every couple years to gain points off a historically strong turned weak team!
At one point you talk about India taking advantage of a "weak" WI squad and accuse it of scoring easy points and when that notion is squashed by aditya123, you jump in another direction by talking about WI away tours? I thought beating WI in WI is a bigger deal than beating them away from home.
How many times have the WI toured India in that space of time? One off teat wins in the space of almost two decades says zilch playboy!

So what exactly are you even debating about here?

Users who are viewing this thread