India v England 2008

I must say...this may sound controversial but in terms of what Sehwag brings to the team, and what he has done, he's probably a greater batsman than Sachin.
Currently, yes. Sachin is now a much more mature and much more defensive batsman. He has adjusted his style a ton. However, when he first burst onto the scene, and during the first decade of his career, he was very Sehwag-esque in that he gave the bowlers no respect whatsoever. However, as his reflexes have slowed, he's had to adjust his game so that he can continue to be successful. I'm sure we will see a similar change in Sehwag's game 4-5 years down the line, which will probably result in him shifting down the order to 4 or 5.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Gentlemen please, this is cricket. There's still time for you to both be losers.
Maybe the rain will come through and both of us will end up as whiners.

sohum added 2 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Sehwag has the ability to bat brilliantly when others struggle. Did this in Srilanka , and that 200 against Murali and Mendis was just superb. Again, here. I still think India will lose, since they're a fair bit away from the target, and when they're in draw mode they usually score at 2 an over. I can see a collapse, with Swann picking up a bagful.

But, I hope we can do it. Come on India !!!
Yup, I think both teams are in with a good chance. As always, the first hour of play will be crucial. At this point, though, I'm not at all peeved with the result as long as rain doesn't come in and play spoilsport. Both teams have played very good cricket and the match has swung like a pendulum. Both teams deserve to win, and hopefully it will come down to a thrilling finish. Test cricket needs games like this.

Expecting a great game of cricket tommorow.And coming to the weather,the climate is pretty cool but it doesnt looks like ther will be any rain tommorow.

This has been a fascinating day of cricket. The first session was won by England as they piled on the runs without losing a single wicket but India bounced back in the 2nd session as England showed a rather shockingly negative approach. But the best was saved for the last session of the day with Virender Sehwag hammering through to his half century and denting England's confidence. This has just given England a bit of a shock and the Indians have given a strong message. Will the message be the same tomorrow?

Gambhir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni, one of you has to be able to pull out a century, please, I beg of you! This is life or death for an Indian fan living in England - c'mon. If not for your country, do it for me:upray.

Indeed, and for me too, please. My mates and Maths teacher will be all over this like vultures, I ribbed them endlessly after the ODI series, and I am not going to hear the end of this.

I just wish Sehwag didn't get out, but I suppose he went down after giving us a chance. If it was England, I'm damn sure they would have just suffered a slow death, and although we'll probably end up on the losing side, it's good to see that we are going down fighting.

*cue Dravid scoring 20 off 200 balls now*

If it was England, I'm damn sure they would have just suffered a slow death, and although we'll probably end up on the losing side, it's good to see that we are going down fighting.

*cue Dravid scoring 20 off 200 balls now*

Its true. But then England dont really have a Sehwag, and Pietersen the only one capable of playing a similar kind of knock, is out of form.

One thing I am happy about is the slap in the face Harbhajan has got after his comments about England having average spinners who are not capable of troubling in the Indian batsmen. Maybe its true, but you dont say such things and now it has backfired on that ***.

Hate to say it, but he is a lousy cricketer. Anti Role-Model.

Sohum, I don't think Sehwag will ever change the way he plays. Yes, Sachin was very aggressive, but he was never THIS aggressive. His strike rate was in the 70s which is damn good going, but Sehwag slaughters the bowling. He bats on a different plane to the rest.

We've seen this happen loads of times when India blow it after Sehwag goes. With Yuvraj in the side, I can't see them blocking for a draw if necessary. I really do fear a collapse. Dhoni and Harbhajan maybe required. It'll be a tremendous win if they do it, and will show that India are truly a different team nowadays. But we shall see....Dhoni should've come in at 3.

Whoever it was, it shouldn't have been Dravid, in this form.

All credits goes to Sehwag because of him we will now play to win the match. He has turn the whole game by his superb batting. Really again my interest in this match is back

Last edited:
I would like to see a big crowd for tomorrow.It adds to the atmosphere.It certainly does have a huge effect in India.The atmosphere was unlike anywhere else in world cricket today during the last session.

This is what test cricket needs.

Now Sehwag is gone,will India play to win here?Because on crease is Gambhir(he can play fast),Dravid (never ever,he is not in form),the Run rate will drop here,at least Dravid should give strike to Gambhir tomorrow....

Now Sehwag is gone,will India play to win here?Because on crease is Gambhir(he can play fast),Dravid (never ever,he is not in form),the Run rate will drop here,at least Dravid should give strike to Gambhir tomorrow....
Dravid's gotta drop anchor in case we lose a couple of quick wickets. It's what he does best and if he cannot do that anymore then, as harsh as it sounds, he doesn't have too much more to offer to our batting line-up.

He has turn the whole game by his superb batting. Really again my interest in this match is back

I hope you are not implying you are only interested in your team only when they are/have a chance of winning? :eek:

:rolleyes:

Next you will be saying Harbhajan isn't arrogant...

He is a great guy. Just because he said something to Hayden when he walked off the field doesn't diminish his over all 'niceness record'.

Zaheer rules in every way possible.

Cricketman added 8 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Should've been Zaheer or someone up the order tbh. He can have a fair whack and keep an end stuck for a frustratingly long time. Then again, we may need him to play a gritty cameo with ****** Harbhajan if we collapse :rolleyes:.

Dravid's absolute last chance. C'mon!

He is a great guy. Just because he said something to Hayden when he walked off the field doesn't diminish his over all 'niceness record'.

He is an arrogant twat. He is a racist. He assaulted a member of his own team (whether he deserved it or not). He takes sledging way too far with some of the things he has said. That does not qualify someone as a "great guy"!!!! :rolleyes:

Someone like Tendulkar or Strauss are great guys as they get on with the job and are never involved in incidents which give cricket a bad name.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread