India v England 2008

I must say...this may sound controversial but in terms of what Sehwag brings to the team, and what he has done, he's probably a greater batsman than Sachin.

Not many would argue against that currently but as a whole we have to take into account different factors to judge the two.Maybe we could do it on a messenger chat.

aditya123 added 8 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I wasn't being pessimistic though; we absolutely bottled the chance to win this game.

You guys still have a bagful of runs to defend for tomorrow on a last day track.:rolleyes:

Yeah but we have the major disadvantage of being England. You lot don't have that. :D

We are/were as bad as throwing games away as you lot are.Ask any fan who has watched Indian cricket over the years.

So, whoever throws the game away the most has bragging rights for the next Test?

I think we lost the game in the first few overs, bowling short and wide, India had reached 60 odd in no time with both batsmen settled.

I don't know what England were thinking, ill be very surprised if India fail to win from here. Will need something dramatic to happen as all the momentum is now with India. They can bat slowly and still win.

Colin, I take it you meant over rate. And I have to disagree with you trying to make this an "India is ICC's baby argument". I went on about it all through the Australia tour--Ponting was consistently in the 12-13 over range and he escaped with a warning in the final Test match and maybe a fine! Pietersen has been pretty poor. In fact, the best over-rate in this match in any given innings came in England's first innings (India bowling) where we bowled 14.4 overs an hour.

Sorry, probably stereotyping a wee bit there :p I do the same in F1 with Ferrari...
I think it's something that all the test teams use to their advantage and the ICC are consistently toothless when it comes to preventing it. I'll start a new thread on it because I'm interested as to what people's solutions are. Is banning the captain fair and does it work?

I think we lost the game in the first few overs, bowling short and wide, India had reached 60 odd in no time with both batsmen settled.

I don't know what England were thinking, ill be very surprised if India fail to win from here. Will need something dramatic to happen as all the momentum is now with India. They can bat slowly and still win.

I think you're being over-pessimistic. England are still favourites in my book. 380 is a very big total psychologically and with Sehwag gone they're not going to eat up the runs in the way they were before.
Add to that the fact we can barely bowl as badly tomorrow and the pitch is taking spin and I think that England will win by 50 or 60 runs.

I must say...this may sound controversial but in terms of what Sehwag brings to the team, and what he has done, he's probably a greater batsman than Sachin.

Sachin used to play like Sehwag earlier,but he has played 19 years of International Cricket,so obviously there is body's ware n tear,it cant be the same,and if you dont know,Sachin is Sehwag's idol...

But do you really want to bowl part timers when you're trying to win a test match? Maybe if he has a few overs at the end of the day.

This is so evenly poised right now. It's going to be a cracker of a last day. Wish they were showing it here.

Panesar into the attack and once again is being clobbered.

Because it is such a regular occurrence for Monty to get clobbered, isn't it?

Great display by Sehwag, but we still have pole position. Need someone else other than Flintoff to step up to the plate from Harmison/Anderson. Swanny looked good today, too. Evenly poised, great day ahead for tomorrow.

I think you're being over-pessimistic. England are still favourites in my book. 380 is a very big total psychologically and with Sehwag gone they're not going to eat up the runs in the way they were before.
Add to that the fact we can barely bowl as badly tomorrow and the pitch is taking spin and I think that England will win by 50 or 60 runs.

I'm with Colin on this. Dravid is in the worse form of his life, Yuvraj can't handel the pressure of tests, when it really matters, i.e. his first innings. If we can get Sachin early enough and decide not to let the Indian tail wag we should win this. Actually who am I kidding, we're buggered :p

Colin i hope you are right. But after seeing us bowl so terribly when in such a good position has given me the heebie jeebies.

Sehwag has the ability to bat brilliantly when others struggle. Did this in Srilanka , and that 200 against Murali and Mendis was just superb. Again, here. I still think India will lose, since they're a fair bit away from the target, and when they're in draw mode they usually score at 2 an over. I can see a collapse, with Swann picking up a bagful.

But, I hope we can do it. Come on India !!!

Users who are viewing this thread