India v England 2008

Ha when Harmison bowled that one wide at the 06 Ashes in Australia my English mate said "there goes the Ashes". Well it did but he gave up after just one ball. We waited after 4 days. Good captaincy to give Flintoff a bowl. Swann should come in for Monty.

And the funny side is that we all think that it is not pessimism but foresight. Its like you have the bragging rights for "I called it first" :D!

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

If i was Pietersen i would encourage Sachin to go for the paddle sweep. Block the off side to create pressure. But then again bowl Swann without back pad. KP should bowl a few overs.

Good that KP does not read our posts.He`d learn heck of a lot from our posts !

Not too bad from Sachin-Laxman. Laxman is keeping it ticking, and Sachin has not been playing too bad. We have got 80 runs now from this session which is going to be 1-2 overs remaining from now. Even stevens session (if India dont lose any more wickets now)

It's not like playing for survival is inherently bad, although in this case I fail to see how India could draw with so much time left, but in general, committing to either cause tends to work. What tends to tear a team apart is the point of confusion. The bigger the task, the earlier doubt casts a pall over the innings. Bad scores from the top order in a long chase worry the rest of the batting, but a good opening partnership strengthens confidence. When the batsmen is not sure whether scoring or surviving is the best option, that is when the wickets come fast.

There should be minimal threat of that right now for India, but confident batsmen still get out. One wicket probably won't ruin this for India, but two in succession might have them scrambling and trying to work out who is going to be there at the end. England will have to do quite a bit of damage to have India in real despair and by the time that damage is done, it would hardly matter how India feel about it. Of course, the masterstroke for England is that India will continue to offer shots throughout the innings. The game shall hang in the balance for long enough that wickets should come if they do things right.

Thats exactly what swann has. He gets a lot of bounce and he gets good turn. Get rid of backpad. Oh well i do want to win. Go back to Monty!!!!

EDIT: Lunch. Big mistake to bowl Swann just before lunch. He should've been bowling at least half the session. Though Monty looked a lot better today.

Last edited:
People who are watching the telecast, how'z the crowd like? Last evening, the city was buzzing about the whole game. I expect a very good crowd today inspite it being a working day.

Its Lunch. The 2nd session will decide who will win this game. I will be happy If Either team win as this is a close game.

And the funny side is that we all think that it is not pessimism but foresight. Its like you have the bragging rights for "I called it first" !

Haha too true. Gives you a free online beer:cheers

Looks a good crowd but i expect more.

Tendulkar started off well but he did not score many runs at the end. He scored his first 16 runs of 26 balls.

I think Tendulkar needs to play the anchor role. Laxman seems in good touch and i don't think Yuvraj and Dhoni are great accumulators- more boundary oriented though Dhoni has improved. So its alright for now that sachin goes slow.

That was a gripping session of cricket. Rahul Dravid got out early in the day but Sachin Tendulkar and Gambhir did a very good job by stitching a good partnership and then Laxman joined in to add some more valuable runs. The English bowlers tried everything but things didn't work as well as they would have wanted them to. Now the onus is on England. The longer these two batsmen stay at the crease, the more will the pressure shift towards England.

Didn't see it. How did he get out? Stumped?

EDIT: I like this right hand left hand combination. Spinners doing a good job though.

Last edited:
Yuvraj playing a Sehwag here.

ot attempting to!

Last edited:
Dravid? What's Up?

What on earth is up with Dravid? The problem is not with his skill, technique, or position. One of the most technically correct batsmen I've ever witnessed. The problem is in his mindset and confidence.

You know a 'system-restore' on a computer when you can reset it to a previous date in case of a crash? To make your computer 'forget' recent programming and revert to a previous date? Well, Dravid needs a reset to 2004. Back when he forgot to score mere centuries, because his habit was to score double-centuries instead...

Deep

I'd give Flintoff and Harmison... hey wait they're on now. Good captaincy. He got rid of back pad too. Maybe he has an account on planetcricket.

Users who are viewing this thread