India v England 2008

Gambhir gone, a real nothing shot. Crap way to lose your wicket.

I'd send Dhoni in right now. I still don't trust Yuvraj so if we lose Laxman quickly we'll be five down soon.

We cannot possibly lose another wicket this session or we're done.

I predict we'll be bowled out for 250-odd after a shocking middle order collapse starting sometime now.

Prediction: Dravid's still there. He's going to ruin the RR and give England the match. After he meanders for a cheap 20 off 110 balls or something, he'll play a false stroke and get out. Tendulkar and Gambhir will play for a while, but then, Gambhir will fall because of a loose stroke. After this, the batting will slow down considerably, and after one more wicket falls, India will start playing to save the match rather than win it. Wickets will keep tumbling through poor shot selection. Harbhajan and Zaheer will try their best to put up a late order defense but will eventually succumb to their limited batting ability. England will win by ~100 runs.

Its quite eerie how that prediction is coming true !

I'd say a good 75 run partnership is a MUST here. The bowlers are not bowling well at all, bar Flintoff and maybe Swann. We need to go after Anderson a bit and I think Sachin will, he's really overrated and offers nothing in conditions such as these. Sachin, 136 ke soch lo!

Sachin should keep his cool here... Yuvraj and Dhoni can give him company if we need to win here. We can do it boys! Please do it....

Monty is bowling a leg stump line. Some are just being fired in, and some are being flighted. Those are the dangerous ones, he's getting some turn here and we may see an edge go to first slip. Tendulkar should, and probably will, need to paddle sweep some of those away for four if we are anywhere close.

Come on India!

lol indian fans are pessimists by nature. Something we share with the English. Its make or break for Yuvraj. He's been picked for these situations. Its almost like an ODI for him whenever he comes in. I'm tempted to keep Dhoni at 7. Yuvraj can potentially steal a game (but he's flashy as well so he could get out).

I'm tempted to swap Monty with Swann. Jimmy looks alright- 2-3 overs more. Then give it to Flintoff.

@ karnog: we have seen far too many disappointments after having been optimistic.. maybe you have not seen that much.

No i include myself as those pessimist fans. Just noting the similarity between us and the English. But we're not as bad.

Hmmm...

Don't write off Tendulkar, Laxman, Yuvraj and Dhoni yet.

Many "experts" have made the same mistake in the past, much to their own chagrin...

Deep

We're pessimists because we've lost so much in the past, that we almost feel vindicated by calling a loss before it actually happens!

No i include myself as those pessimist fans. Just noting the similarity between us and the English. But we're not as bad.

Yup. We`re not as bad, we`re worse !:p

Ha when Harmison bowled that one wide at the 06 Ashes in Australia my English mate said "there goes the Ashes". Well it did but he gave up after just one ball. We waited after 4 days. Good captaincy to give Flintoff a bowl. Swann should come in for Monty.

This is a very crucial passage of play.Freddie has come back into the attack and possibly will bowl through till lunch.

aditya123 added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

One good thing for India is that though we have lost 2 wickets in this session, the runs have come.That should keep us interested and theoretically create an ODI like situation for our finishers Yuvraj and Dhoni.This is Yuvraj`s real litmus test which could make or break his career.

Are none of the English fans watching the game? Its no fun if only one set of supporters post ! Wake up !

Last edited:
If i was Pietersen i would encourage Sachin to go for the paddle sweep. Block the off side to create pressure. But then again bowl Swann without back pad. KP should bowl a few overs.

Users who are viewing this thread