India v England 2008

Flintoff and Harmy trying to get into Yuvi's head here. Throwing the ball at Yuvraj from Harmison was in poor taste and showed the lack of application from a bowling point of view for Harmison in this test match.

Yep, England have lost. Especially if Sachins still out there.
Perfect example of English optimism:p

They need just 1 wicket. I think Swann and Flintoff should be the combination. Harmison is not looking dangerous.

Perfect example of English optimism:p

They need just 1 wicket. I think Swann and Flintoff should be the combination. Harmison is not looking dangerous.
Though Harmy isn't looking dangerous, this period of play has stifled the run rate a bit. This is usually when wickets fall. I would try Harmy for another over or two and then bring back a spinner. Odds are Yuvi will try to overattack and hole out somewhere.

If we get a couple of quick wickets we've got a chance, 387 is a massive total to chase, and if India do it they deserve a pat on the back. Just desperately need to get Sachin and Yuvraj out.

Well with 10 or so overs left till the new ball i would give a part-timer an over or two. Maybe Pietersen himself or Colly. Just create a bit of false security. Might pull off a loose shot.

Poor field placings. Try to get someone to go over the top with close in fielders. Make the singles hard. One or two max on the boundary.

Last edited:
Need to pick 2 morew wkts asap. Few more runs only required now :(

Your weird dude (no offense). I live in Australia and always support them until playing India. You live in India and yet you don't support India. But thats another topic...

Yuvraj playing some loose shots now. I can smell a wicket. Sadly.

Sachin has played very well,its a 5th day pitch,he is batting accordingly...

Montys been awful, he's actually got worse since he came into international cricket. He's not a shade on what he was in 2006.

India will win. England won't get 6/90.

New ball in a few overs, a great opportunity for England to rally. Anderson's overdue for a spell, so there's no prizes for guessing when he's coming on, but both Harmison and Flintoff have just come off a short spell each. Will Harmison get the new ball or will KP play his ace straight away?

Montys been awful, he's actually got worse since he came into international cricket. He's not a shade on what he was in 2006.

He's lacking confidence. Thats really it. He doesn't flight it as much and he used to mix up a lot more. Has it been because of the captain's lack of faith? Vaughan/Fletcher era might have disturbed him. Lack of domestic experience perhaps.

Needs to be Anderson and Flintoff. Harmisons been crap this game. Monty's been the big dissapointment though. I'd take Swann over Monty if we were only playing 1 spinner.

Just 83 runs needed. Sachin is playing an incredible innings along with Yuvraj. I've seen Sachin inspire so many batsmen on the other side. It must be amazing to bat with the guy.

I think this opens up a huge problem England need to rectify. They don't have a work horse like Flintoff who even when out of touch with the ball he just goes back to the basics and remains dangerous. Anderson and Harmison don't do that- very reliant on conditions. I'd back Anderson with the new ball but outside it i don't think he adjusts very well.

Users who are viewing this thread