India v England 2008

This is probably the least annoyed I've been at England losing a Test Match though tbh. We've not played badly at all in this tour, yet are 6-0 down in matches played. We've actually played decent cricket, and maintained the level that allowed us to beat South Africa, but we've been mauled by a top top side. India are top quality, there's no doubting that. They've got class throughout the side (except Dravid :p), 2 quality openers, a monumentously strong middle-order, a great keeper and leader and a brilliant bowling quartet brilliantly led by Zaheer Khan. It's hard to see a way to beat them at the moment, in India anyway. They're a class side.

Full credit to the Indians for performing a heroic run chase :cheers
It was an ideal time to win such a match giving what happend a couple of weeks ago it is a victory for cricket.
Now if Durham can just get Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dhoni and Harbhajan as overseas players even though it is over the limit for overseas :p

as for England I just want to say that I rate swann as a much better spinner than Monty he can turn the ball more and is better with the bat.

Last edited:
India are an excellent team but we're not going to beat excellent teams until we can apply pressure through our bowling and move on the runrate when required. The sessions that swung the match were the second 2 on day 4. England looked terrified during the afternoon session and then Harmison and Anderson came out bowling as if they didn't believe 387 was enough.

England's attack was made to look toothless, but India can do that to anyone, I know I bashed KP unfairly earlier, but really India were just too good, they won it rather than England losing it, I am just annoyed because now it looks like England have no hope of beating Australia in the Ashes.

Australia is a much worse team than India. This Indian team is something else. From the looks of it, I seriously think that Aussie will lose to England in the ashes.

Epic Match, epic... just epicc... Just leave all this and see the match...again and again........

Famous win here...Fantastic inngs by Sehwag ,he lead the foundation,otherwise it woudnt have been possible,rock steady inngs by Sachin,and well supported by Yuvi...

Its a team effort,everybody contributed...its was a very good test match,not to forget England came back after loosing 5-0 to India,still they had lead of 75 runs...Fantastic match...

Will they release a DVD of this match (in India)? I will be among the first to buy it. I was in a movie theatre in Chennai watching the recent Bollywood release "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" starring Shahrukh Khan (one of the most popular Bollywood superstars) and news broke out during the show that India have won the match. The applause that I witnessed was hysteric, with a few people even getting up to celebrate (though they sat back down soon enough coz the movie was so engrossing)

SACHIN, YOU DID IT!!!! The memories of that painful knock of 136 against Pakistan at this very same ground which ended in defeat comes flooding and thankfully, Sachin has made up for that defeat with a victory here. And to those who doubt Sachin's ability to win matches for India - JUST SHUT UP!!!! You have nowhere to go now. Happy that my belief in the team winning the game came true, and I am now very happy. Mumbai 26/11 is now history and a Mumbaikar (Sachin Tendulkar) has healed those wounds. How ironic!

Very well done England. Sad that they dominated most of the match but ended up losing it. But had they not come here, we wouldnt have witnessed such a great test match. And to the BCCI - Learn a lesson, please do not schedule matches in Chennai during the rainy season. This ground is known for producing classic contests and please provide games for Chennai that happen when there is no rain.

I only watched the middle session but the main reason we never really looked on top is because India were picking up singles at ease. We only managed 8 maidens, half of which were due to Monty's negative line (and he still went at almost 4 per over!), so we never built any pressure.

Still, Tests >>>>>

As well as Sachin, I hope the innings from Yuvraj settles any dislike of Yuvi in the team, He really played a truely responsible innings.

To hear the crowd roaring and cheering every time Yuvi blocked for Sachin to get his Ton was priceless. I reckon he exaggerated some of those textbook blocks :p Also its so funny when Yuvi puts on that serious face when its a humerous situation.

Wow its time for Peter Moores to go, he's done nothing since taking over and we've probably got worse. It really angers me how biased the English selection policy is seems some people can do no wrong in the squad.

On the other hand India played a great game and managed to snatch defeat thanks to a few notable knocks. However now do Indian fans agree that England were right to carry on batting as long as they could? Maybe they knew the pitch was getting better to bat on?

Woo! Tendulkar - some say he can't score runs when the team needs him in the fourth innings, there you go, a truly magnificent effort. I am literally ecstatic about this victory and therefore am playing Feeling Good by Muse on loop on Windows Media Player - I don't care what you say, it is a tooooooooooooooooon.

Users who are viewing this thread