India v England 2008

Forgot to mention, its Dhoni's 4th consecutive win as captain. One of the primary reasons why I was supporting india winning the game even when England were on top was because Dhoni was captaining. Lucky charm or a guy who keeps the team glued together, Dhoni is almost a perfect captain that the team can have right now. He does his captaincy bravely, which is why he is aided so well by lady luck.

The confidence in the team right now must be sky high. However, hope they focus on the next game and finish the series off in style by winning the next test too. We need the series win here. Would round off a great home season for India.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Woo! Tendulkar - some say he can't score runs when the team needs him in the fourth innings, there you go, a truly magnificent effort. I am literally ecstatic about this victory and therefore am playing Feeling Good by Muse on loop on Windows Media Player - I don't care what you say, it is a tooooooooooooooooon.

It seems that somewhere, the tide has turned for Tendulkar as far as carrying India through is concerned. He guided India to the CB series triumph at a time when people questioned his ability to take India home. And now he has done the same in tests. He has been the eternal match winner for India. Many of his victories has resulted in victories for India, and if Indian cricket is so popular these days, a big chunk of the credit goes to Sachin Tendulkar. But now is the time for God to give us innings that will actually serve to shut up his detractors.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

This is probably the least annoyed I've been at England losing a Test Match though tbh. We've not played badly at all in this tour, yet are 6-0 down in matches played. We've actually played decent cricket, and maintained the level that allowed us to beat South Africa, but we've been mauled by a top top side. India are top quality, there's no doubting that. They've got class throughout the side (except Dravid :p), 2 quality openers, a monumentously strong middle-order, a great keeper and leader and a brilliant bowling quartet brilliantly led by Zaheer Khan. It's hard to see a way to beat them at the moment, in India anyway. They're a class side.

Hope you can say that of India as a whole (not only when we play in India). I guess we will coming up there as a whole pretty soon.. I predict it to happen under Dhoni.

Woo! Tendulkar - some say he can't score runs when the team needs him in the fourth innings, there you go, a truly magnificent effort. I am literally ecstatic about this victory and therefore am playing Feeling Good by Muse on loop on Windows Media Player - I don't care what you say, it is a tooooooooooooooooon.

No doubt a certain Mr.zMario will overlook today's innings in his future 'choker' arguments.

However now do Indian fans agree that England were right to carry on batting as long as they could? Maybe they knew the pitch was getting better to bat on?
Umm... if England could not get 10 Indian wickets in 4 sessions, did you expect them to get them in 3? What England should have done is bat more positively and declared at the same time that they currently did--or be bowled out. A little more proactivity from Colly and Strauss (aka scoring at greater than 2.5 an over) would have bulked the total up to at least 400 and that would have been a far great psychological hurdle.

"Cricket ki bap hai India. India."

Cookie to anyone who knows where that is from. Absolutely amazing chase.

I think they will preserve with Dravid for the 2nd test too, even though he is in the worst form of his life and potentially career threatening form. I have a feeling that this sensational win could shake up Dravid a bit, and maybe he will fire at Mohali. I am starting to visualise Dravid getting his act at Mohali and contributing in a big way for India to win the series in style.

It could be Dravid's time at Mohali. He cant surely sign off in a poor way. He is a gem of a player for India, and I predict him to strike it big at Mohali. The fortunate thing for him is, in this victory his weakness could be covered up and he most probably will get another chance.

..Or the Selectors could say lets drop Dravid and make us even more invincible by slotting in Badri :p

..Or the Selectors could say lets drop Dravid and make us even more invincible by slotting in Badri :p

Badri is definitely in the front runner, but I dont think they would sacrifice Dravid without finishing the series. He is a legendary player for India, and as Ganguly did, he too deserves a dignified farewell.

Did not see the day's play but it was good to see Sachin do well and win India the game by scoring well in the fourth innings of a test match.

Badri is definitely in the front runner, but I dont think they would sacrifice Dravid without finishing the series. He is a legendary player for India, and as Ganguly did, he too deserves a dignified farewell.

In my opinion Dravid is much better than Ganguly and he's truly legendary

In my opinion Dravid is much better than Ganguly and he's truly legendary

Technically, yes. He is a better batsman and fielder. But when captaincy and bowling are weighed in, Ganguly has given an equal amount to India.

Tbf, at times you do just have to sit back, even as an Englishman in this situation, and just admire the ability of your opponents and particularly a few individuals.

I can't be arsed with anything long, but it's safe to say Tendulkar is a geniu, Yuvraj has never looked a better player than he does right now. Sehwag seems to be hitting his straps more than ever, Ghambir looks to be the future up top and I have never, ever seen Zaheer Khan play like he has recently. Lets hope it's just not a good year and such.

Anyway, onto England. Strauss was brilliant, can't downplay his game. Colly gritted it out and showed why despite being one of the least attractive and messy players around, he has it all right in his head and he can power through from there. Swann looked positive.

Tbf, at times you do just have to sit back, even as an Englishman in this situation, and just admire the ability of your opponents and particularly a few individuals.

I can't be arsed with anything long, but it's safe to say Tendulkar is a geniu, Yuvraj has never looked a better player than he does right now. Sehwag seems to be hitting his straps more than ever, Ghambir looks to be the future up top and I have never, ever seen Zaheer Khan play like he has recently. Lets hope it's just not a good year and such.

Anyway, onto England. Strauss was brilliant, can't downplay his game. Colly gritted it out and showed why despite being one of the least attractive and messy players around, he has it all right in his head and he can power through from there. Swann looked positive.

Aye how many Batsmen in an Ashes series in recent years for England scored a double century in Aus.
thought Freddie was immense with the ball considering the quality of batters he bowled to.
What to the Indian fans on this board think of Collingwood?, I mean how is he rated?

Last edited:
What to the Indian fans on this board think of Collingwood?, I mean how is he rated?

I'd love him in my team, ugly to watch but gets the job done. Soon, we'll have our own Colly in Badri, so the fans better get ready for some superb defence and nudges.

Personally hate Collingwood. Scrappy batsman, in a bad rut of form, barring this last innings he was practically a walking wicket. Badri >>>> Collingwood.

Users who are viewing this thread