India v England 2008

no i mean is this the 1st time he actually played the HERO role and helped India all the way to the victory. played the role of a match winner?

Yes, in a career spanning 155 matches and 254 innings and yielding 12,413 runs, only the 103* he scored here has been useful in propelling India to a victory.

My sarcasm detector is going crazy.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

very rare moments. is this the 1st time he helped the TEAM to get to the victory, along with a 100? 1st time to pick up the stumps?

another Q. why Viru was the MOM? Andrew Strauss made 200+ and he didnt get the MOM? thats....weird
How daft are you?! The first time ever? Are you serious?!

To the second question, did you even watch the match? :rolleyes:

What's up with the english team giving harmisson so many chances? He's completely toothless. Where's hoggard these days?

What's up with the english team giving harmisson so many chances? He's completely toothless. Where's hoggard these days?

Thats a good question,where is Hoggard?He and Anderson can swing the ball,harmison cant swing the ball,he can bowl good bouncers,but swing can disturb any bastman,Wasim Akram was a master,he didnt had pace like Akthar,but he used to get many wickets.And what about Simon Jones?Is he still injured?

nikhil_99 added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

another Q. why Viru was the MOM? Andrew Strauss made 200+ and he didnt get the MOM? thats....weird[/QUOTE]

Because he changed the game,he opend the door of victory for India,its very difficult to chase such big total in 4th inngs,if England would have won the match Strauss would have got the MOM.

Regarding Sachin, Yes! In a test match taking the team through to the finishing post and getting a hundred, this should probably be the first time.. But "the role of match winner" words dont work here because a match winner is one who contributes to the victory, not just taking the team through to the end. For example in the India vs Pakistan 2003 World Cup game, Sachin was the match winner with a superb 98 but Yuvraj and Dravid took India through till the end. They are not actually the real match winners, but Sachin was the real match winner. The word "match winner" needs to be properly explained.

Sehwag deserved the MOM. IMO, it was the perfect decision. Changed the game on its head, and he is the reason why Indian fans are celebrating.

BCCI donates Rs 3 crore for Mumbai heroes

In a heart-warming gesture, the BCCI on Monday donated Rs three crore for the security personnel who either lost life or sustained injuries during last month's terror attacks in Mumbai.
BCCI donates Rs 3 crore for Mumbai heroes?-?News?-?England in India?-?Specials?-?Cricket on Times of India

ITs a good thing that England and Indian players,and now BCCI donating some amount to people of Mumbai...Poeple should come forward and donate as much as possible...

I'd like Colly in ODIs, fields, bowls, bats well. In tests, not so much unless we are playing somewhere like New Zealand where his bowling could be lethal...

BCCI donates Rs 3 crore for Mumbai heroes

In a heart-warming gesture, the BCCI on Monday donated Rs three crore for the security personnel who either lost life or sustained injuries during last month's terror attacks in Mumbai.
BCCI donates Rs 3 crore for Mumbai heroes*-*News*-*England in India*-*Specials*-*Cricket on Times of India

ITs a good thing that England and Indian players,and now BCCI donating some amount to people of Mumbai...Poeple should come forward and donate as much as possible...
Yup, I was just going to bring this up so that people who enjoy bashing the BCCI can take a step back. For those who are not familiar with the Indian currency, that is US$627,000.

I would like to see Shah and Bopara in for the next test, as well as Adil Rashid. He's not ready, but he can hardly bowl as badly as Monty has been.

Why the hell are they letting Pietersen play with a fractured rib? That's so stupid. I know they depend a lot on him etc, but he won't be at his best anyway. I really can't believe this.

Ah, that might explain why he looked so dreadfully out of form, the poor guy can hardly throw, let alone bat. I think his fitness has to be looked at for the next Test though. If he's not 100% fit we might as well give Shah or Ravi a go. KP's the skipper, but he can't play injured, especially if it's affecting his performance. Give Strauss the captaincy for the 1 game, and rest the rib.

I didn't see him in the game, but I can't imagine him diving around the outfield and catching, running well between the wickets, bowling, playing certain shots well. Basically I can;t see how he can play cricket with it. If I was a selector i'd get rid of him so it can heal. Playing with it will only hurt the team and himself.

Yup, I was just going to bring this up so that people who enjoy bashing the BCCI can take a step back. For those who are not familiar with the Indian currency, that is US$627,000.

Its not a big amount for BCCI, its England players who are paying half of their money. BCCI paying to their own country and to the city where their head quarters is situated. Whats the big deal in it?

I would like to see Shah and Bopara in for the next test, as well as Adil Rashid. He's not ready, but he can hardly bowl as badly as Monty has been.

Which batsman would you drop? I'm presuming Bell is one of them. Rest KP as he has a fractured rib?

Users who are viewing this thread