India v England 2008

I'd maybe have him in as a Rhodes-esque pure fielder. Would have to bat higher though in ODI's because I wouldn't trust him in the death.

We had a Kaif who is very very similar to Collingwood both in performances and in the style, but he isn't anywhere close to the team.

He's our best finisher! Although that's not saying much about a team who just lost 5-0. Still, we're talking about Tests, aren't we?

I'd much rather see Bell the bottler go before Collingwood.

They should scrap them all, and get Stevie Croft in there to be honest, things could only get better from 5-0.

Umm... if England could not get 10 Indian wickets in 4 sessions, did you expect them to get them in 3? What England should have done is bat more positively and declared at the same time that they currently did--or be bowled out. A little more proactivity from Colly and Strauss (aka scoring at greater than 2.5 an over) would have bulked the total up to at least 400 and that would have been a far great psychological hurdle.

Spot on. By umming and aaahing and dragging our feet, we handed the mental advantage straight back to India. And as others have said, it's not about smashing the ball out of the park, just a bit more intention in the running between the wickets. I mean, 2.5 an over when you're working up to a declaration is nothing short of pathetic!

Well played India, though. Any team who chases down 380+ so easily deserves the win! And any team who bowls as cluelessly as England did today deserve to lose.

England gave a tough fight here,they will come hard ,they will bounce back..looking forward to next match now..

England gave a tough fight here,they will come hard ,they will bounce back..looking forward to next match now..

Yes,they will,good that the competetion is not one sided,anyway,the 2nd test match start on 19th Dec,Mohali...

97159.jpg

97154.jpg

very rare moments. is this the 1st time he helped the TEAM to get to the victory, along with a 100? 1st time to pick up the stumps?

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

another Q. why Viru was the MOM? Andrew Strauss made 200+ and he didnt get the MOM? thats....weird

very rare moments. is this the 1st time he helped the TEAM to get to the victory, along with a 100? 1st time to pick up the stumps?

No. He has scored 12,413 runs in his test career. It wouldn't be a far-fetched assumption to state that at least a part of those helped get India to victory. If you're asking whether this is the first time he has scored a century in the 4th innings to lead his team to a victory, then yes, but considering that only two batsmen, in the history of cricket, have managed to score four centuries in the 4th innings during the course of their career, I don't think it's a mark against him.

Users who are viewing this thread