India v England 2008

Its not a big amount for BCCI, its England players who are paying half of their money. BCCI paying to their own country and to the city where their head quarters is situated. Whats the big deal in it?

I totally agree....BCCI is richest board,they should donate more...They are really earning in millions....

To lose after setting up a target of 387 is extremely dispiriting. It doesn't happen often but then we cannot dwell too much in that and should look to move on.---Andy Flower, England batting coach

Ya it would be hard to digest this thing....But it was Sehwag who made it look easy,he started while Sachin & Yuvi finished the job..

All Indian supporters need to thank Dravid for getting out early. Had he stayed on pitch for one session we would have been looking for draw and nothing else. You know what happens when Indai starts to defend in batting.

Its not a big amount for BCCI, its England players who are paying half of their money. BCCI paying to their own country and to the city where their head quarters is situated. Whats the big deal in it?
Have you donated any money, seeing that it is in the country you live in? Even if you have, there are millions who haven't so any gesture should be appreciated instead of being snidely ignored.

A really good effort by England to retain their place as the laughing stock of cricket.

I doubt they will make any changes because the England team is a little club full of mates which you have to be extra special to join. Well on the batting side it is anyway. Monty and Bell should go but they won't which is why England will never make any progress. Bell hasn't been good enough for a while and there are more deserving players in our domestic game. He should take a look at Collingwood on how to make your talent count. Monty has just been rubbish for ages and when he is not contributing with the ball he is doing nothing. I wouldn't mind seeing Rashid given a go in a test that doesn't matter.

It wasn't a bad performance but we have again showed we lack the killer instinct to win games from these positions. 1st and 3rd tests v South Africa we could have won if we had the bottle. Remember at Lords V India? Although that was weather and dody umpiring but we should have won. We even did well in Sri Lanka in the first game and lost. We got ourselves into strong positions in Australia and still managed to lose 5-0. Get some players in who are going to stand up and be counted when we need them like Shah, like Key, like Trott. (Not sure about Bopara, I reckon he's another bottler).

Last edited:
May be they should let Dravid go down the order to make it easier for him. Laxman can bat one down.

May be they should let Dravid go down the order to make it easier for him. Laxman can bat one down.

Or maybe they should just ask Dravid to retire. Let his fans see him play one last time. Unless you want to go by the don't change a winning side thing.

Or maybe they should just ask Dravid to retire. Let his fans see him play one last time. Unless you want to go by the don't change a winning side thing.

I probably said this a bunch of times but he needs to do it on his own. He needs to realize that its time to go and I think it would be the best for him and India if they didn't have to force it upon him.

But how long can they wait? Maybe he doesn't want to retire, maybe he's holding on to make one lasst big score.

All Indian supporters need to thank Dravid for getting out early. Had he stayed on pitch for one session we would have been looking for draw and nothing else. You know what happens when Indai starts to defend in batting.

Very true...Still he has been retained in 'A' category..

The news is that Dravid will play at Mohali unless he himself decides to take a break - something that is unlikely - and also travel to New Zealand, which in all probability will be the Indian team's next assignment given that the Pakistan tour is all but off.

Source

Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar has been voted as India's role model of health and happiness in a countrywide survey initiated by a magazine.According to the survey done by global research firm Synovate for 'Complete Wellbeing' magazine for its December issue, out of 320 nominations, Tendulkar emerged as the best, a media release said.

Alongside Tendulkar, Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan and former President A P J Abdul Kalam emerged in the top three bracket.

Sachin Tendulkar is like a God for Indian people,they want him to score in every match,they want him to get 100,he is the best no doubt....Sachin now has climbed up in ICC rankings.he is along with VVS Laxman on 16th position..

Have you donated any money, seeing that it is in the country you live in? Even if you have, there are millions who haven't so any gesture should be appreciated instead of being snidely ignored.

When 9/11 happened or the London bombings, were we saying people should donate money? No. People did, but they did it out of the goodness of their heart. It really is a tiny amount from the BCCI compared to how much money they have, and to me smells of a cheap publicty stunt!

Sachin Tendulkar is like a God for Indian people,they want him to score in every match,they want him to get 100,he is the best no doubt

Because Indians see God's role as scoring in every match and accumulating centuries? I think our exaggerated comparisons sometimes end up misleading foreigners. That survey is probably correct. Most Indians see in Tendulkar the best qualities that they want to see in themselves as a people.

But how long can they wait? Maybe he doesn't want to retire, maybe he's holding on to make one lasst big score.

yea true, I wish that he isn't holding out but you never know.

what do you think the chances of him retiring if he makes a 100 in the 2nd test?

I'd say higher then if he got a duck. He wants to go off on a winning note, and I would want him to as well.

Users who are viewing this thread