India v England 2008

It looks like England are going to go for Stuart Broad since the Mohali pitch is more seam friendly and he'll come in for Monty. The problem is the pitch still deteriorates and spinners do come into it so really two spinners are really what's needed but Monty become to ineffective so England haven't got much choice other than play Broad or to give Rashid a go.

We need to regroup now. After what happened last test we could easily just let our heads drops but we need to come out fighting and believe we can win this test and salvage the series.

Dravid, who turns 36 next month, had not averaged less than 40 in a 10-Test span since his debut against England in 1996. But in the last 10 matches, his average has fallen to an alarming 19, leading to calls by former players and fans for Dravid either to quit, or take a break from the game.I personally feel,if he is not able to get runs he should take a break,play domestic cricket,trhy to get some runs...of he still fails there,then already he is 35 so better take retirement with pride...

Last edited:
I'm actually quite thankful that India won for once. I couldn't bare with what King Pietersen would've been dissing out on this forum had England beaten India in India, especially so soon after India beat Australia. Quite frankly, I'd rather drink a big bucket of Canadian Moose piss then listen to King Pietersen ramble on about the English Cricket Team's low chances of winning the Ashes next year.

I hear Canadian moose piss is pretty good this time of year though.

I have to admit though, it was really annoying seeing a few England fans on here acting as if we were the best thing since sliced bread just because we won a few odis in the summer.

Will Eng go with Monty in 2nd test,i heard that they are going to play with S Broad,so who is going to sit on bench?

Will Eng go with Monty in 2nd test,i heard that they are going to play with S Broad,so who is going to sit on bench?

Broad will probably come in for Monty with England playing a 4 seam attack on a pitch that will offer a little assistance to the seamers.

Broad will probably come in for Monty with England playing a 4 seam attack on a pitch that will offer a little assistance to the seamers.

Cricinfo seem to think otherwise..They say that England will go with broad replacing anderson. Quite amazing!

aussie_ben91 said:
I'm actually quite thankful that India won for once. I couldn't bare with what King Pietersen would've been dissing out on this forum had England beaten India in India, especially so soon after India beat Australia. Quite frankly, I'd rather drink a big bucket of Canadian Moose piss then listen to King Pietersen ramble on about the English Cricket Team's low chances of winning the Ashes next year.

And we bloudy hate how you go on about your team! So all is fair! And if you quite clearly hadn't noticed there is still another test to play!

The Test match in Chennai was one of the best match ever!

thanks Sachin yes, that really helped and brought a smile n many of the faces here:)

Hope England wins at least one here ;)

Will KP play in the next match???

Almost certaintly, I was reading in the Metro Newspaper today that he should be fit to play.

Batting Order Change?:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) VVS Laxman
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Rahul Dravid
6) Yuvraj Singh
7) MS Dhoni C+
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan
10) Amit Mishra
11) Ishant Sharma

I feel this drop for Dravid down the order will only benefit if he comes in at about 200-3 :p,Otherwise he's a dead man against Flintoff with the new ball.

I feel this drop for Dravid down the order will only benefit if he comes in at about 200-3 :p,Otherwise he's a dead man against Flintoff with the new ball.

I totally agree,dropping Dravid down the order would be a good option...

Users who are viewing this thread