India v England 2008

Oh snap, Dravid's actually scoring runs, and with a strike rate that's over 10!!

Ghambhir has had a top last couple of months. He's been in good form and now India have what is probably the best opening partnership in world cricket atm.

IMHO, Dravid should score big this match, and then go out and retire on a high.

Oh snap, Dravid's actually scoring runs, and with a strike rate that's over 10!!

Ghambhir has had a top last couple of months. He's been in good form and now India have what is probably the best opening partnership in world cricket atm.

Lol.

That was plumb from Swann. Gambhir very lucky, Expecting a Ton now from him, If not, At least Super-Strike-Rate-Man getting one.

Wow... My prediction is almost coming true (I said Dravid will score big in this test match). He is actually scoring here in conditions thats helping the bowlers (overcast with swing). Almost a Headingley type situation here and its Dravid again with Mr. Consistent GAMBHIR at the other end.

Come on Rahul! Score that hundred! Maybe this will be your last test match. Bow out on a high. Perfect opportunity! Dont miss it please.... Good that India won the toss. This pitch along with the weather will help the Indian bowlers no end. If England let India get to 350+, they will be for a very hard test match. Zaheer and Ishant are good on dry wickets, and this wicket is more conducive to finger spinners too (Daljit Singh, the curator says so). The overcast conditions should give swing. Dravid is the ideal guy to help India get to a good total followed by Sachin Tendulkar. We need this partnership to stay for as long as possible.

Dravid getting into the form on this sort of pitch and conditions is good for us given that we are next touring New Zealand where the conditions are bound to be somewhat similar.

Monty looking totally ineffective again. India playing well and are heading towards batting England out of the game.

woot Century for Gambhir. Hope he can continue and start playing a few more aggressive strokes from here on.

A solid 100 by Gambhir...well played..Dravid has contributed but he is batting very slow ,strike rate around 35.00,min overs left around 22,India would be hoping to get another 40-50 runs here..

Despite the score England have bowled pretty well in my opinion, barring Monty. Swann was also very impressive and had Gambhir plumb. The seamers have bowled quite well just some rather impressive batting.

Well, tbh, it's been really normal that gambhir has really been getting consistent and great scores. But the unnecessary hype is being created by people whether if he is able to keep up his good form and blah!

Good show by india here. Dravid is in sweet touch and didn't panic all through the match. This is a game which india will win i feel. This will be a comfortable win as Mohali isn't the same as chennai and even in the second session, Swann's getting mighty turn and it's going to be deadly if india can score 400 or more in the first innings with mishra and harbhajan bowling on the second day.

Monty needs to be dropped and only told to come back when he has developed something more than a stock ball. Swann is a better bowler at the moment.

Dravid's fans would be very happy to see him getting runs (though he batted very slow),today only 72 overs were bowled,i guess this will happen in remaining 4 days,the play wont start early due to fog,and due to bad light the game would be stopped,so that would affect the game.

Well, tbh, it's been really normal that gambhir has really been getting consistent and great scores. But the unnecessary hype is being created by people whether if he is able to keep up his good form and blah!

Good show by india here. Dravid is in sweet touch and didn't panic all through the match. This is a game which india will win i feel. This will be a comfortable win as Mohali isn't the same as chennai and even in the second session, Swann's getting mighty turn and it's going to be deadly if india can score 400 or more in the first innings with mishra and harbhajan bowling on the second day.

I feel the same. If India get more than 350 on this pitch, England should face a very tough time. This is the pitch where we thrashed Australia by 320 runs. At that time, the pitch wasnt as conducive to spin as it seems now (or atleast as the curator says). Daljit is a top curator in India and whatever he says invariably turns out true.

Users who are viewing this thread