India v England 2008

Dhoni in two minds on demoting Dravid - MS Dhoni revealed the team think-tank was toying with the idea of dropping off-colour Rahul Dravid in the batting order.There is also news that if he fails here,he might retire.Is it true?

He really should, I feel, the fire is nearly out on his career, the old magic seems to have dissapeared. I can't see him in another series unless there's another Dravid masterclass in the next match. I wish it wasn't like this, but everything has to end, eventually.

I am reading that the match has been delayed because of bad light. I am expecting that Broad will play.

And the latest news is that Broad indeed will play. He comes instead of Harmison.

Last edited:
9.30am The toss will take place in a few minutes with play due to start at 10am, which is great news.

Meanwhile, Stuart Broad has just been interviewed and revealed England "are playing well in the nets" - well, isn't that just jolly fine. If cricket matches were played in the nets, this England team would be No. 1.

Kinda harsh from Cricinfo...

India would be hoping another good start from Viru and Gambhir,the pitch will help the bowlers early...lets see how England bowlers bowl,it will be a good contest as Broad and Anderson both can swing the ball..

India looses Sehwag...that what i said Broad and Anderson can swing ball,that causes trouble...Well the batting order has not changed,Dravid comes 1 down...possibly we might see Sachin coming soon on pitch there...as we have seen in past Dravid gets out soon,he is in poor form..lets hope he bats and score few runs..

Good start for England, they have the Indians under the pump right from the start. But they were dominating the first test and let it slip so they need to keep there concentration.

Watching Rahul Dravid bat is about as entertaining as staring at a brick wall from a dumpster full of maggots and flies.

India have made slow start here,good to see Dravid still on crease,these two should now increase their scoring rate,and try to get 70-80 runs in 2nd session...England bowlers have used very well the pitch conditions,Mohali is only ground in India where it help seamers,specially in winter..

I imagine the umpires have been conferring about the light. "Is Dravid really scoring runs? I guess this gloom must be the apocalypse."

Users who are viewing this thread