India v England 2008

The pitch is incredibly green short of a length. With the pitch like that and weather being a bit rough you would have thought the bowlers would have dominated. India were just very careful.

Exactly, not sure why people are complaining about the runrate. Both batsmen played exactly how they should, given that the conditions were pretty much ideal for the English bowlers.

If they play more positively tomorrow and get close to 400-450 by stumps, they should have this one in the bag too

Geekery added 14 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

England were so negative in the last game it was bad for world cricket and they should quit right now. They didnt get themselves in a position to win a match or anything.

India have been absolutely thrilling this match they are really going for the win, oh wait... :rolleyes:

Brave sarcasm, I would have waited until Yuvraj and Dhoni had been in!

Last edited:
Excellent day for India. They lost Sehwag early but everything has gone to plan since. Gambhir's completed a fine century, his third in the last four Tests, while Dravid has had to fight hard to find some form. England would consider themselves slightly unlucky, the rub of the green just didn't go their way. They'll be hoping they can get some early wickets tomorrow.

Since many Indians feel hell bent on boycotting everything from Pakistan, I will now support England against the Indians :)

Go England :)

(Besides, they need all the support they can get :p)

I thought you would have supported England anyway.
I kept a neutral eye on it during the ODIs, now I've changed

I supported SA against England earlier in the summer

Anyway,
800px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Dravid gets his 26th century. He has been out 10 times in the 9's.

Excellent fighting 100 by Dravid, I have always maintained he is a better test player than Tendulkar in class and ability to play under pressure, and as always, class is permanent, while form is temporary, as Dravid has proved today.

While it has been a slow 100, it has been a fighting one, and it is something to answer his critics.

Well, I'm a strong critic of Dravid, but mainly of his slow scoring rate so he's yet to silence me :p

Okay! I'll admit, I have been criticizing his lack of runs over the past few series.... Fine then, he's half silenced me. Half well played Dravid.

The pitch is incredibly green short of a length. With the pitch like that and weather being a bit rough you would have thought the bowlers would have dominated. India were just very careful.
Is short of a length really any good, though? Seems like anything short gives the batsmen plenty of time.

Match heading for a draw? Also I do wish India toured pakistan, now we have no games until New Zealand. No cricket = me sad.

Gambhir and Dravid are playing like this is an ODI. Last 10 overs they scored exactly 50 runs. With a score of 302-1 they really should accelerate later on.

Gambhir and Dravid are playing like this is an ODI. Last 10 overs they scored exactly 50 runs. With a score of 302-1 they really should accelerate later on.

Yes,they are coming down the track (Gambhir specially),they are taking few risks,and why not,the score is 300 + and just 1 wicket is lost,both have got 100+ individual runs,they can afford to play shots and up the run rate

Swann is on fire. He got the wicket of Gambhir and now of Dravid.

Since many Indians feel hell bent on boycotting everything from Pakistan, I will now support England against the Indians :)

Go England :)

(Besides, they need all the support they can get :p)

Wow, someone is saying something new.....:rolleyes:

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Acceleration is not working on this pitch. Gambhir missed quite a few when he tried to accelerate. Dravid got out trying to go after the bowling.

I think india have more than an enough total here on this pitch. With a bowling attack thats in very good form, it will be very tough for England to look for a win here.

The Indian middle order has failed to utilize the stage, that Dravid and Gambhir had set.
This pitch is definitely helping the bowlers and it is clearly showing up now.Hope Dhoni and Yuvraj go from here and declare with a lead of about 450-500.
I feel this match is definitely heading for a draw unless a miracle occurs from either of the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread