India v England 2008

How did Cook drop that?

Swann has been bowling really well, as has Flintoff and Anderson. 3 overs from Monty today...

Wow, someone is saying something new.....:rolleyes:

No, I now have this bias in which I support the team playing against India ;)

Besides, I don't see why when Indians want to see the end of Pakistan, I can't see India suffer and support their suffering ;)

I'm only talking about sport by the way... and that should be taken with a grain of salt ;)

zMario added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Not sure whats the point of playing Monty if you're barely gonna play him, although granted he hasn't been bowling at his best..

England have done to fight back. Harbhajan Singh is getting quick runs though.

Because of the slow partnership(but useful one), the match is going to end in a draw.

akash00 added 17 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Harbhajan is gone, Panesar gets two

We've batted a little too slowly to keep the win in the equation. I suppose this match is going to be a draw unless the English batsmen topple over or KP/Flintoff play a long, aggressive knock.

A series win seems the long term goal for MSD, who seems to be waiting for India to get all out. He knows that SA could still grab back the No.2 spot even if India get it by winning 2-0 in this series.

I still think India can win this game and win the series 2-0 comfortably. We have a big total in our hands (453)

If we can pick up a couple of wickets in this extra 30 minutes then we have a chance at forcing a result.

EDIT: Oops... I guess no chance of that today. If we don't have the English about 7 wickets down by tomorrow, then draw. :D

Last edited:
I still think we will win, especially in these conditions... Come on india!

With the pitch now providing good turn, 450 seems more than good enough.

Can't really see England attempting to go for the win, good for them and the match if they do though.

Can't really see England attempting to go for the win, good for them and the match if they do though.

Thats all England will do from here whats the point in them blocking and losing the series might aswell have a go and have a chance of winning

Well, based on the parts I've watched, the side in general has come across as very defensive. So my point was that I'm not sure if they're going to treat the remainder of this test as damage limitation. I guess the runrate after the first session tomorrow should answer that for me

Reminds me of the last test against Australia when everyone was criticising Dhoni for the defensive play. In the end, India won that match because Australia had no other option but to go for the win. In a way, it's rather clever!

England don't have much time left and will have no option but to really try and attack and that may in the end make them lose, and hand India a 2-0 victory.

Users who are viewing this thread