India v England 2008

I was thinking somehow this is a three Test match series. Now I understand why Dhoni was so defensive. They've practically won the Test series already. England can go home and celebrate their Christmas.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Even Bangladesh would not be bowled out within 43 overs.

Here you go:

Bangladesh - Test matches
Lowest totals
Cricinfo - Records - Bangladesh - Test matches - Lowest totals

You can count yourself how many times Bangledesh has been bowled out for less then 43 overs.

The ICC must bring in a rule where it makes it possible to call off play well in advance of the last hour if both captains feel they cannot have a result.
I think that would often be no punishment for sides trying to drag a game out, while the team batting last would lose a chance to get some runs and above all else, the spectators would lose out. Not many people go to the cricket expecting to see the result, they just go to watch what's happening on that day.

I think that would often be no punishment for sides trying to drag a game out, while the team batting last would lose a chance to get some runs and above all else, the spectators would lose out. Not many people go to the cricket expecting to see the result, they just go to watch what's happening on that day.

This happens in county cricket where both captains can agree to call off the match if no result looks likely.

If the captain of the team batting second declines the offer to go off then they stay on and bat on. It's a just sporting way of doing it with them not having to play a pointless last hour. It means the spectators only lose out an hour and I'm sure they would rather no watch a stalemate for an hour. I am in favour of this idea.

Laxman?? First time I am hearing him to do keeping

friend863 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Anyways India has win now but real winner is england for coming here and fight against terror. That is great spirit:happy

friend863 added 12 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

India is now on no. 2:happy

omg, Ian Bell's a learning player. This is why England will never make any progress, Peter Mooron refuses to drop any of the batsmen or Monty. Bell is rubbish. Give a better player a chance. Owais Shah is 10x the player Bell is in the subcontinent.

Wasn't the worst tour for us considering everything that went on, the first test we should have won, choked again. Second test was always going to be like that after the first, had to win the toss and get in to even have a chance.

Now we will go off to the West Indies and dominate and Ian Bell will get a century in a dead rubber and everyone will say oh look that was nice, he's really good. We can't play 2 spinners in the Windies though and Monty's crap and Swann's been good so Monty will have to go. Especially as Hurricane Harmy will be returning and Broad will be suited to the conditions as well.

To be perfectly fair to Monty he has only had one poor tour, he averaged 33 against South Africa at home this year which isn't bad. I'd like to see Swann get his chance against the West Indies though as he deserves it on these performances.

He is alright at home, still not a match winner. Overseas he is just rubbish. He is also not showing any signs of improvement or trying to improve in his bowling. You would think on his second tour of India we would see a big improvement but he took 1 still aeraged over 50 taking 5 wickets.

We should have played Rashid in this game. Get him in when there's not much pressure. Or the man in your avatar, now that would be quality.

Quite literally get up.

Georgie is the best though. She makes transfer deadline day all hte more exciting.

Amazing stat on sky, Ian Bell has gotten worse every year of his test match career. Course that's not enough to be dropped.

I've got an even more amazing stat; Ian Bell is a complete and utter bottler who actually has ginger hair.

So yeah, Paul Horton please. He's one of them aussie englishmen and he's absolute class.

Users who are viewing this thread