India v England 2008

2 tests? There should be 4 tests--as the last tour clearly showed that 3 isn't enough to separate the sides fairly!

The Tests should be a lot closer than the ODIs, but sadly the BCCI has shown its true colours and probably only agreed to two Tests because they have to fulfil the Test schedule requirements and are probably sh1t scared of losing a one-off Test.

It won't be long before tours are announced as numbers of Tests, ODIs and T20s. They may as well cite a money figure, the amount they charge for tickets (?75 at Lords this week so I decided against going) they must be raking in millions per Test. Which is the bigger money spinner? I guess for TV the answer may well be T20, in terms of gate receipts I'd guess Tests as you get five days solid (in theory) of cricket while T20 you get less overs. I hope they overdo it on T20, wouldn't be surprised, and start upping the tickets.

The Tests should be a lot closer than the ODIs, but sadly the BCCI has shown its true colours and probably only agreed to two Tests because they have to fulfil the Test schedule requirements and are probably sh1t scared of losing a one-off Test.
Ha... :rolleyes:

Ha, funny how everything that the BCCI does, ends with that root.

Dates for the tour

Nov 9: One-day warm-up match in Mumbai

Nov 11: One-day warm-up match in Mumbai

Nov 14: 1st One-day international, Rajkot

Nov 17: 2nd One-day international, Indore

Nov 20: 3rd One-day international, Kanpur

Nov 23: 4th One-day international, Jamshedpur

Nov 26: 5th One-day international, Cuttack

Nov 29: 6th One-day international, Guwahati

Dec 2: 7th One-day international, Delhi

Dec 5: Three-day warm-up match, Baroda

Dec 11: First Test, Ahmedabad

Dec 19: Second Test, Mumbai

Still not confirmed though. According to the ECB the tour is subject to acceptable logistical arrangements and acceptable security arrangements.

A tour like this is the reason why people complain that one day cricket is taking over!

We will need a big ODI squad to cope with those relentless - and excessive - matches.

They said on sky England will travel more than 4000 miles around India for this tour!

BCCI is only about money.

There's no point in singling them out. It's a problem that afflicts all the boards and most of society. What do you think the ECB is doing? What do you think was the motivation behind them holding a secret meeting to try to pimp out their own imitation of the IPL? The 'holier than thou' attitude adopted by some of these people is pretty sickening.

Thanking about pimps, Monty's gonne have a good test tour I suspect.

You would travel quite a long way around India on any international tour there, though.

Yes but from what I believe it is a lot of travelling in a very short space of time dotting all over India so will be a very tough tour

Users who are viewing this thread