India v England 2008

I think we should give India test matches at Grace Road and Wantage Road when they next tour here ;)

holdenator said:
Yes but from what I believe it is a lot of travelling in a very short space of time dotting all over India so will be a very tough tour

Welcome to International Cricket. No rest for the wicked.

I completely agree about Grace Road. Actually no, the Indians would outnumber English fans 10 to 1, I'm an ethnic minority :p

Seems strange that they would have this tour going into the ashes though, they knew there would be fewer tests and tbh if we lose it tells us absolutely nothing and will not bother anyone at all.

Niranjan Shah -
"We do not quite understand how and why the ECB has chosen to air its grievances over this policy in the media," Shah said. "Whenever the Indian team has toured England, some of the venues have not been up to the mark in terms of facilities for Indian players and supporters. However, we have complied and gone ahead and played, for it is the host board's prerogative to fix the itinerary."

This idiot ought to be killed.
Some sof the venues not upto the mark ? What rubbish-utter rubbish.Being an Indian I can say that the venues mentioned above are not even club-class.

Rajkot- ???

Indore- The city does not have an international airport and the stadium doesnt have a roof.

Kanpur-Facilities shoddy.The last time an international was played there,a stand collapsed and a few spectators were injured.

Jamshedpur & Guwahati-Matches will be all-day matches with 830 am starts.

Its a ridiculous itinerary.
The only good thing is that all the matches are scheduled in North India.So,the travelling wont be a big problem.

And my fellow members-
I am totally for the venues like Grace Road and others which you lot have mentioned.

I was actually being sarcastic. Grace Road is as fit to host a Test match as the Dubai is to host the winter olympics.

No,but if the BCCI are going to give you stadiums mentioned above,its better to have university grounds host India.
I mean,the BCCI asked for it.

I don't really understand the BCII, it seems to be a money grabbing board, just caring more about the numbers in the bank account than the sport of cricket.

No,but if the BCCI are going to give you stadiums mentioned above,its better to have university grounds host India.
I mean,the BCCI asked for it.

I don't think we are that spiteful. Though it would be hilarious to see Hove hosting a test match.

I don't really understand the BCII, it seems to be a money grabbing board

This might actually have had a whit of credibility, if it hadn't been posted on the day that the ECB rolls out its imitation of the IPL.

It's as much to stop players 'retiring' to play in the lucrative T20 leagues.

If you can't beat them, join them.

I was actually being sarcastic. Grace Road is as fit to host a Test match as the Dubai is to host the winter olympics.
Have you seen the photos of that Ski Dubai thing they've built!!!

Have you seen the photos of that Ski Dubai thing they've built!!!

Ski Dubai sucks. Well, for the money you pay for it (then again, everything here is expensive). The hot chocolate with whipped cream and M&Ms in there is tres delicious though. I live pretty close to the mall where it's at. But, yeah, it's something different to do.

But, yeah, if you want the Winter Olympics, I'm sure the government/whoever builds this stuff will figure out some crazy way to bring Antarctica to Dubai. :rolleyes:

*cough* Back on topic...

Anyways, the BCCI are acting like morons as always. Lol at "rotation policy" for grounds. They seriously need to grow up sometimes. The best grounds are not in awesome condition, so that speaks volumes about how bad some of the smaller grounds might be.

You know,the BCCI could probably use the rotation policy in a much better way.

Of the 7 ODIs have 5 at reputed grounds and the remaining 2 at the grounds mentioned above.

My 6000th post ! :)

This is just going to add the frostiness between the Indian and English relationship. Honestly, if we hadn't won the twenty20 world cup.... groans at the number of tests.

Users who are viewing this thread