India v England 2008

Never meant to intend that you said that he was a slogger, Was just making a point seeing as I have heard a lot around these forums saying that he is just a slogger and nothing else...

Did I forget to mention that? Oh, my bad.

Looks like Sidebottom's back on the treatment table. Shame cause I'd have him in for the next game.

with sharma n sachin back in next few games i dont seee eng winning even a single game....
this lineup will gun down england...no hopes for english victory here guys...
sachin
sehwag
gambhir
raina
yuvraj
dhoni
Pathan
Singh
Khan
Sharma
Munaf

Yes right Ishant is Back!1 Bad News for the English!1 we have a very great bowling and batting side . I think R Sharma will be rested . IMO he is not ready for ODI's.

Honestly Sanjay, can you see Yousuf Pathan playing a responsible knock?

Well not in that sense. At No.5 you'll hardly score a century - A 5 maybe as he proved in Indore, ATM he has the job of the finisher, Now I know we have lots of players who can do that job like Viru, Yuvi and Dhoni -- But they aren't gonna stay there right till the end on most occasians and thats why it is acceptable to have Yusuf at 7, It would be ideal if he came to the crease from Over 45 onwards

Yes right Ishant is Back!1 Bad News for the English!1 we have a very great bowling and batting side . I think R Sharma will be rested . IMO he is not ready for ODI's.

Not rested IMO. Dropped. I know same thing...

The kanpur wicket favour batting second and also provide swing in early innings. It would be nice to see what the captain choose.

Well not in that sense. At No.5 you'll hardly score a century - A 5 maybe as he proved in Indore, ATM he has the job of the finisher, Now I know we have lots of players who can do that job like Viru, Yuvi and Dhoni -- But they aren't gonna stay there right till the end on most occasians and thats why it is acceptable to have Yusuf at 7, It would be ideal if he came to the crease from Over 45 onwards

Jeez, if you want someone who will tonk it around like crazy, as well as get tonked, look no further than Abhishek Nayar, man. Atleast, he CAN play a slow and calculated innings and isn't a complete heaver to leg like Yusuf.

Yusuf is capable of playing a long aggressive innings as he proved in the IPL. Nayar averages 25 in OD and Pathan averages 30. Yusuf with a better strike rate too. And whats wrong with heaving it over leg? If it works almost every time, Why not?

It actually only works about once in five attempts.

Watch the challenger trophy from last year and have a laugh. He tried to bang a six over midwicket from full and wide outside off, and got comprehensively bowled. That's just one instance.

Well conclusing all this Yusuf debate...We'll have to wait and see till the end of the series to rate him.

Line-Up:

1) Virendra Sehwag
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) Suresh Raina
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Rohit Sharma
6) MS Dhoni C+
7) Yusuf Pathan
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
10) Ishant Sharma (OB2)
11) Munaf Patel

Man the bowling line-up really looks threatening now...Now with RP gone and Ishant in (hopefully). Personally I say we go for the absolute kill in the next 2 matches so we win the series, therefore we can rest some of our senior players later on (Zaheer, Sehwag, Gautam).

I don't know why we need to wait to conclude the Yousuf debate, i've seen enough of him to make an accurate judgement ;)

Users who are viewing this thread