India v England 2008

I see the Yusuf Pathan love has started here. He's crap. This was a one off innings. He'll do it maybe once more but he won't come to anything in international cricket and I can tell you that now.

The fact that he only got 28 runs in 8 innings shows how bad he truly is.

Good to see that he got walloped again, though.

So, I'm not so sure how much use it is the team to have a guy who will blast runs in flat conditions, then go over to over seas conditions and fail, where you can have a guy who will perform well under both. I don't know, I jjust find it grossly unfair on Badri, perhaps I'm just being very bitter and picking on such small things, but I just hate to see Badri not being given a chance at all, when he truly deserves it. I just want him in there somehow, I really do believe he'll be a great asset to the team.
Yuvraj is not pathetic overseas, either. Apart from Australia/New Zealand, his averages everywhere else are close to his career average of around 38. And he's become way more consistent so this should be when he plops the runs in.

Badri deserves a chance but not in limited overs cricket, in my opinion. By making ODIs the gateway to Test cricket, the BCCI are overlooking the intelligent way to get through things. In ODI cricket, Badri is trying to be over-aggressive and his performances suffer at the expense of his selection.

sohum added 3 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Check out the bowling. Quite crap, he's feasted on Bangladesh and Pakistan. Pakistan does not have a good bowling attack, especially during that time frame. He's been absolutely owned outside the sub continent - I think he's a flat track bully personally.
It really doesn't matter when you're playing on a flat track... you say that it's bad for Indian cricket if Yuvi gets picked but you argue that someone who is less of a flat track bully should be played instead? If you are arguing for optimal performance, a flat track bully should be allowed to feast on pitches he favors. Besides, his average around the world (all in the mid to high 30's except Oceania) show that he can still score around the world. Unless he has a severe drop in form, dropping him would be a case of fixing something that ain't broke.

Yuvraj will get the test call up. This isn't good for Indian cricket.
You're right. Srikkanth has unfortunately backed him which means he'll be in the squad and with Dhoni at the helm... he will probably get the call up. I'd prefer to see Badri in there at number 6 which would allow us to bat Laxman higher.

I can only hope that he has a mediocre performance from here on out, but looking at his form I doubt it'll happen. He'll do well in the tests, too (Just like he did in Pakistan last year) and the second we go overseas he'll be whimpering in the whites.

My prediction, at least.

Probably the case in England actually :p

Anyway my point was the current top order is not good enough, lets try some new players. it's unfair when someone like Bell can have 70+ chances. I would play Cook in the next game and Trott when we get home.

It was an improved performance on the first ODI, however, we seriously need to win the next one..

Personally I hate all this hate towards Yuvraj, As harsh as this sounds but I doubt Badrinath will ever get a chance in the Indian cricket team until he gets injured, Howver I personally do feel that he should replace Rohit Sharma, He's onl yhad about 2 or 3 good innings in about 30 odd matches. Also if you're taling about Yuvraj being awful in the ODI series against Sri Lanka then the ever-beloved Subramaniam Badrinath wasn't much better either...

I'll be more than happy to see Yuvraj in the Test Side - Howver I am not ruling out me being happy if Badrinath were to be in the side instead.

This would be my line-up for Kanpur.

1) Virendra Sehwag
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) Suresh Raina
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) MS Dhoni C+
6) Rohit Sharma
7) Yusuf Pathan
8) Harbhajan Singh
9) Zaheer Khan (OB1)
10) Ishant Sharma (OB2)
11) Munaf Patel

Last edited:
I'll be more than happy to see Yuvraj in the Test Side

Yeah, that's pretty much where my "hate" would flow towards, I'll concede defeat on the ODI selection over Badri, it's me being extremely bitter, I <3 you Badri. But if Yuvraj got the Test nod ahead of Badri, I might just smash the screen I see the news on.

I see the Yusuf Pathan love has started here. He's crap. This was a one off innings. He'll do it maybe once more but he won't come to anything in international cricket and I can tell you that now.

I can't beleive you think like that. It was him and Yuvraj who won us the last match..You just bad mouth him before he has even had a chance to score on a regular basis, I mean 5 innings for goodness sake. How do you know that he is only going to do what he did at Indore only once more? He proved int he IPL that he is not just a big hitter (HE IS NOT A SLOGGER), A slogger imo is Afridi, if Afridi were in that postion what we were in after Yuvraj got out, Then he would have gone for it and probably got out - whereas I think Yusuf played Flintoff and CO sensibly, He only went for it in the last over which was sensible as we were short of wickets.

No I haven't been 'wowed' by his superior 6 hitting ability, He is much more to it.

Shutup and give him a chance.

He's not a slogger, perhaps, but you really should see some of the ridiculous wickets of him.

I wish I could post videos on here, but I can't.

I didn't say he's a slogger, I'd like you to point out where I did. I just said he's crap. Don't you worry, he'll prove me right. Him and his brother should be nowhere near the Indian cricket team.

Users who are viewing this thread