India v England 2008

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/news/international/2008/November/news-20081122-536.html

Well I hope this is all rubbish as claimed in the report, But I don't understand why Dhoni would want RP in the side after two mediocre performances in the first 2 ODI's. Apparently Dhoni and RP are close friends...Aren't Irfan and Dhoni too?

I doubt Dhoni and Irfan are that close friends.It maybe because Dhoni and RP belong to close and similar states or it maybe possible that Dhoni would be having some strategies in the mind using RP to win the series 7-0...lol many things are possible and some are which I can't state lol

Well in the ODI series in 2006 between these two, Dhoni and Irfan were absolute bum-trums.

what happened to Uthappa, is he gone for good or what? I think he can be a suitable replacement as a finisher for the team. Hope he comes back.

Uthappa has been an absolute run machine in domestic cricket so far. He's bound to get the call up soon.

Where is Sachin going to bat today?Any news?Guess?If he is opening which i think he will,then who is coming 1 down?Gambhir?But Sachin and Gambhir opened in Aus where Sehwag was not playing ,not selected because of his poor form that time,so what combination team management will take?Possibly Sachin/Sehwag,they have done it many times.

Am I the only one who wants to retain Gambhir-Sehwag? These two will be our main opening pair until Sehwag goes, why mess this? Tendulkar should be retiring soon anyways right?

No of course, let the flaming being on me, but I am of the opinion Sachin should just peacefully call it a day in ODIs and continue concentrating on Tests, he is coming to that stage of his career where his body can't handle so much workload and still be at 90% healthy level. I mean, we've shown that we can win tournaments without him, better we do it when we have the people to replace him straight away with.

There's a lack of English interest so i might as well state the team i would like to see IF i was English.
Bopara
Bell
KP
Freddy
Shah
Patel
Wright
Prior
Broad
Swann
Harmison

I rate Patel quite highly as a batter and i think he's wasted at 7 or 8. Hence he goes to 6. Colly is out of touch so i'd move him down to 7 but i think he isn't worth it at 7. I'd go for the slogger. Might propel the team if the top 5 get get a good start.

Last edited:
Sachin should retire from ODIs after 50 centuries. Come back in 2011 WC then.

scion_sid added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

There's a lack of English interest so i might as well state the team i would like to see IF i was English.
Bopara
Bell
KP
Freddy
Shah
Patel
Wright
Prior
Broad
Swann
Harmison

I rate Patel quite highly as a batter and i think he's wasted at 7 or 8. Hence he goes to 6. Colly is out of touch so i'd move him down to 7 but i think he isn't worth it at 7. I'd go for the slogger. Might propel the team if the top 5 get get a good start.

Only KP and Flintoff are impact players. Rest all will do well but wont make the killing impact which leads to sides victory.

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/news/international/2008/November/news-20081122-536.html

Well I hope this is all rubbish as claimed in the report, But I don't understand why Dhoni would want RP in the side after two mediocre performances in the first 2 ODI's. Apparently Dhoni and RP are close friends...Aren't Irfan and Dhoni too?
Maybe it's cause Irfan sucks.... But it seems this is just something conjured up by the Bengali media now that there are no Bongs in the team. :p

sohum added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

No of course, let the flaming being on me, but I am of the opinion Sachin should just peacefully call it a day in ODIs and continue concentrating on Tests, he is coming to that stage of his career where his body can't handle so much workload and still be at 90% healthy level. I mean, we've shown that we can win tournaments without him, better we do it when we have the people to replace him straight away with.
I agree. It would blow if he got injured playing one of these ODIs and miss the Test series.

Poor tendulkar what should he do, people know more about his body condition than him and what to play and what not:p

Last edited:
Sachin and Sehwag are set to open the Innings for India. Irfan Pathan will also play instead of Munaf Patel. Rohit Sharma is going to be left out.

I agree. It would blow if he got injured playing one of these ODIs and miss the Test series.

In recent history whenever Sachin scores around 90s he gets all cramped up. Now its not good at this age.

scion_sid added 13 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Irfan for RP and Sachin for Rohit. Simple selection.

Tendulkar is expected to open with Sehwag. And Tendulkar only scored one ODI century against England. Maybe it's time to improve that record.

Sachin should retire from ODIs after 50 centuries. Come back in 2011 WC then.

scion_sid added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Only KP and Flintoff are impact players. Rest all will do well but wont make the killing impact which leads to sides victory.

Which is why Trescothick is missed so much. Bell, Bopara and even Cook look sub standard compared to this guy. I understand why the English lament on the talent lost in Michael Vaughan too. Imagine Vaughan of old (prior captaincy) and Tresco openning with KP and Flintoff at 3 and 4. One's out of form and one is in incredible form but refuses to come back to international cricket. Anyway i agree with that. What i meant is that the top 5-6 score a substantial amount (40-45 overs) with Wright having the finishing touches. God i sound like i'm supporting England.

Users who are viewing this thread