India v England 2008

Sureshot, you say you'll be amazed if Steve Davies doesn't get a go, but what about James Foster? He's easily the best out and out keeper in English cricket, and the best lower order wicket-keeper batsman as well. Foster oozes class, and should definitely be in the England side. He'd definitely be my choice of keeper atm, how Ambrose gets in the squad is beyond me, he's only got shots when the bowlers bowl short and wide, he's useless if they bowl properly to him. He's only in the squad because he was at Sussex with Moores.

I'm with Joe on the matter (so he must be right) I've always though Cook was slightly under-rated as an ODI player. Yeah he might be a wee bit slow, but you can afford to be when you are opening. Anyway, can he do any worse then Bell? It would be pretty hard, tbh

Highlander999 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Sureshot, you say you'll be amazed if Steve Davies doesn't get a go, but what about James Foster? He's easily the best out and out keeper in English cricket, and the best lower order wicket-keeper batsman as well. Foster oozes class, and should definitely be in the England side. He'd definitely be my choice of keeper atm, how Ambrose gets in the squad is beyond me, he's only got shots when the bowlers bowl short and wide, he's useless if they bowl properly to him. He's only in the squad because he was at Sussex with Moores.

I was all for Prior over Foster at the beginning of the series, but Prior has been a big let down. I'll give him a chance in the tests and if he doesn't perform, I'll bring in Foster

I fail to understand why on earth are Luke Wright,Tim Ambrose and Alistair Cook still warming the bench ???

Wright is abysmal, as is Ambrose. Both in there due to their Sussex connections only.

Cook is good but his inability to go aerial means he doesn't take full advantage of the powerplays. However, no-one else seems capable either so he may be worth a shot.

I wouldn't say Wright is abysmal, he has a lot of potential, he is just a bit too young at the moment. Ambrose though, well, you won't hear any arguments from me

So much Pathan hate...

Might as well play them and give our seniors a rest.

I dunno, I like Irfan much better than Yusuf, atleast he had talent.

Irfan Pathan might play today,India is going to test bench strength,lets see,he will definately get a chance in these 3 games...

I don't know if they will rest Munaf or not but imo they will rest Zaheer Khan and bring Irfan in.

Zaheer and other players who are playing since tests needs rest. I would like to see India win with their bench players , and this would test Dhoni's captaincy even more. If India clinches win with the secondary team, it will be an amazing achievement. And Dhoni will gain another level. :)

lol did you guys hear Ravi S. replay to the comment that British commentator made. He said something like "who do you think will win, if ENG plays football vs IND?"
and Ravi had a really great come back, which i couldnt catch. i was checking BD vs SA score.
Ravi said something like "we are something something, and its 4 neal something something"

and all the other guy could say was "steady come back there Ravi"

He said "It's a football score so far, 4-0"

Bumble got owned. :p.

One thing Bumble did say that made sense though was about the positions of players in the batting line-up, it is like they're picking their position out of the hat. Pietersen picks where he bats, and the others pick their place out of the hat. Shah, who made 70odd off 40odd balls in the last game is moved from 3 to 6, yet Collingwood, who's done nothing in the series so far, gets promoted to 4. Doesn't make any sense what so ever. Cook did nothing to prove that he's good enough to open in ODi's. Didn't play any decent strokes, and relied on balls short and wide to make boundaries, then got out playing a stupid shot. I honestly don't think he's good enough.

Also, Pietersen's started nicely. Really playing some nice strokes, guarantee he won't make a hundred though. He'll look good for 40 or 50, and then play a stupid shot and get himself out. Collingwood won't make any meaningful runs either, Shah should have been at 4.

Edit: Bloody hell, what in gods name is Collingwood doing? He's in such bad form, you can tell that, Bumble was looking at the technical problems he's developed. He's moving too far across, and isn't getting his proper backlift in. How on earth he deserved being promotion is beyond me.

Last edited:
KP and Colly appear to be going along at a nice steady rate. Perhaps the promotion up the order was what Colly needed to regain his confidence.

Highlander999 added 12 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Colly gone for 40. At least he has finally done something

Users who are viewing this thread