India v England 2008

Well played Skip. Was only a matter of time before KP made some runs. Hopefully he'll be able to continue this form for the rest of the tour, and have a really good Test series. Shah's been in exquisite form also, has to be in contention for a Test place, especially considering Bell's drop in form, and the fact he doesn't suit Indian conditions. As for the next game I'd go for:

Bopara
Wright
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Flintoff
Patel
Prior
Swann
Broad
Harmison

At least Wright actually offers something at the top of the order. Cook for me offers nothing, he bats too slow, never makes hundreds anymore, and can't take advantage of the powerplays. Wright's better in the field, offers bowling, really hits the ball hard and he's young. Might as well give him a go, no point giving Cook a go just because he's playing in the Test side. We need to salvage some pride from the ODi series, and HAVE to avoid losing 7-0, and I think Wright offers us the best chance of doing so.

India have 271 to win. At least we've got something decent to defend this time. Need Broad and Harmison to start well with the ball.

Last edited:
So 270-4. Pretty good, gives the bowlers something to work with. At least we have put up a fight this time.

Regarding Wright. Suppose there is no harm in trying him. Not exactly like our openers have been on fire recently...

Haha, Pietersen's hundred was the first ODi hundred by an English Captain outside London. Suppose it didn't help that we had Vaughan as captain for quite a few years in ODi cricket. Pretty amazing stat though.

Just got back and have seen the score and I'm quite impressed. Shah really starting to prove himself at this level he is probably England's 2nd best ODI batter currently. Good to see Pietersen back on form hopefully he can carry this into the Tests and beyond. Just seen the scorecard but why on earth was Colly 4th? pfft.
With the Inclusion of Cook in the team suggest that Bell's test place is under a serious threat, and should be hasn't done anything in a long time.

Just got back and have seen the score and I'm quite impressed. Shah really starting to prove himself at this level he is probably England's 2nd best ODI batter currently. Good to see Pietersen back on form hopefully he can carry this into the Tests and beyond. Just seen the scorecard but why on earth was Colly 4th? pfft.
With the Inclusion of Cook in the team suggest that Bell's test place is under a serious threat, and should be hasn't done anything in a long time.

Yep yep yep, apart from that 199 against the 3rd Best side in the world of course ;) Bell's still got a Test future, just not in the subcontinent for me. He's a class player in England, and would suit the likes of Australia and South Africa, but he's not got a technique for the Subcontinent. I'd definitely have Shah in for the Test Series atm.

India will win this. Sachin and Sehwag are going along incredibly well. I can't see England pulling it back from here, we just don't have a good enough bowling attack for Indian conditions. Need to pitch the ball up abit more.

Yayy, Sachin's gone =D

King Pietersen added 44 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

This just got a hell of alot better, Yuvraj and Sehwag gone in consecutive deliveries. This brings Dhoni and probably Raina to the crease. England are back in this, just need to get a couple more wickets and we'll be in command. Sehwag played very well though, he's been very good on this tour thus far.

Last edited:
Just less than 100 runs required with Dhoni and Raina at crease + we have Rohit Sharma, yusuf and irfan pathan. Not a tough job for india.

India will win this. great batting by Sehwag but unfortunately got lbw bad deciison by the umpire but still Great work Nawab!

So frustrating gonna lose 125k :mad: i ll never bet on England henceforth .

England needs some special magic to win from here :

Yep yep yep, apart from that 199 against the 3rd Best side in the world of course ;) Bell's still got a Test future, just not in the subcontinent for me. He's a class player in England, and would suit the likes of Australia and South Africa, but he's not got a technique for the Subcontinent. I'd definitely have Shah in for the Test Series atm.

Forgot his 199, but barring that he has struggled of late and I agree he's definetly got the quality for Test Cricket but has been dreadfully out of form. On the same note I feel Colly's place should be under alot of pressure he's only had one score of note I can remember for a long time.

England have lost this now, its a shame the first time our bolwers have a decent target to defend they haven't really threatened and to add to that Broad has an injury the whole things going pear-shaped :(

13 to win :happy

England is at no mood to win this.

Best cricket by the Indians. KP is off the field ;) Pretty bad conditions for the English team .

chetan0304 added 7 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

India wins the match by 6 wickets

bad game again by the England team.

Lol, We won again. Its almost getting boring now.

Great batting by KP, Shah, Sachin, Viru, Raina and Dhoni. Yuvraj - A rare faulire in this series :p

Bowlers from both sids were pretty ordinary. Yuvraj was pretty economical though.

Well played India again. We just can't seem to win a game, it's not like we're being outclassed every game, it's just India seem to win the key periods of the match, and that turns it in their favour. The series could have been so much closer if England had been more clinical. India have played incredibly well though, so kudos to them.

I just checked, After the Flintoff dismissal which was at about 30 Overs, England only scored at 5 an over (112 runs) for the rest of the innings. Personally I think that is not good enough, Teams in the last 20 overs should be scoring at about 7 an over altogether considering the slog overs as well. However the bowlers well at the death. Barabati a big ground or what?! Only 2 sixes throughout the whole game! :eek:

effectively chased it down with only 2 wickets, doubt dhoni would have been given out on another day.

dhoni has come a looooooooooooong way, one heck of a captain.

still think 270ish wasn't a lot of runs considering only 4 wickets fell, given england's position in this series I would have expected them to go a bit more wild towards the end

A great batting by india. Raina got his form back. Well played both captain. Btw Congrats Indian team for getting 2nd rank in odi along with S.A.

Users who are viewing this thread