India v England 2008

Hahahaaha. We suck.

And Arunava, before you gloat, look at my sig.

Bomb Blast in Mumbai.

Maybe England should make an excuse and leave for England. This will save any more humilation. :p

Hahahaaha. We suck.

And Arunava, before you gloat, look at my sig.

i had sig's disabled , so had to check your profile for your sig. honestly it was damn funny :D

nice one :clap

... since i read it today, Proteas lost the last as I remember they were without steyn- main weapon. and they are weak without him also, they had already won the series so they were not motivated enough. this was a mistake and they lost momentum whereas with KP being new captain, there was a new vision on English side with momentum from last Test.
they won odi's convincingly and deservingly. and the comment i asserted was with full RSA squad and no player missing. Anyway it was my fault.

... but so full of confidence side boasting of beating RSA recently are handsomely smashed here :D
it seems they got lucky with the last series again RSA :D
but in reality this Indian squad is much stronger than any side at home , even South Africa (ICC 2nd)

Why not go with 4 seamers + Swann with KP bowling himself and Bopara? Patel hasn't been doing that well and Pietersen is able to spin it better than Patel, or so it seems like.

Amjad Khan and Saj Mahmood? WTF? I'm guessing they won't play though, considering the likes of Tremlett and Bresnan are already in India. I'd guess they'll go into the Performance Squad, with Tremlett and Bresnan getting promoted. It'd be madness to play Amjad Khan ahead of Chris Tremlett or Tim Bresnan, and would further prove that Moores is a fairly poor judge of talent, Tim Ambrose being in the squad ahead of Foster, Davies and Mustard being further proof.

Amjad Khan and Saj Mahmood? WTF? I'm guessing they won't play though, considering the likes of Tremlett and Bresnan are already in India. I'd guess they'll go into the Performance Squad, with Tremlett and Bresnan getting promoted. It'd be madness to play Amjad Khan ahead of Chris Tremlett or Tim Bresnan, and would further prove that Moores is a fairly poor judge of talent, Tim Ambrose being in the squad ahead of Foster, Davies and Mustard being further proof.

Its piss taking now get someone capable to do the job. Bresnan is much better than Khan and Tremlett deserves another chance tbh done some good bowling in tests against India

Seems I was wrong, and Khan and Mahmood will actually be the players to come into the team if injury rules Freddie and Broad out for the next game =/. I can see why Saj has got a call up, he had a decent year in Domestic Cricket, but I don't understand the inclusion of Khan. He's got FC and List A averages of 31+, he's only got 60 List A wickets, and an economy of 5.17. Compare this with Bresnan, who although has a worse average, has more wickets, is younger, can contribute with the bat, and was a key part of Englands Hong Kong Sixes win. Then you've got Tremlett, who has 275 wickets at 25 at an economy of 4.56. Surely they'd both be far better inclusions in the side.

I wouldn't be surprised if the English team call off the tour--and they should. There were attacks at the Taj and the Oberoi, the latter being the hotel that the English team would've undoubtedly stay at in the Mumbai leg of the tour. I wouldn't feel safe going into a hotel that just got attacked.

You guys are debating who to bring in when the board wants to take the team OUT?

Hmm lol

zMario added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

New Delhi is on high alert now, I think this is now on a wider scale than anything that has ever happend in Pakistan.

Seems I was wrong, and Khan and Mahmood will actually be the players to come into the team if injury rules Freddie and Broad out for the next game =/. I can see why Saj has got a call up, he had a decent year in Domestic Cricket, but I don't understand the inclusion of Khan. He's got FC and List A averages of 31+, he's only got 60 List A wickets, and an economy of 5.17. Compare this with Bresnan, who although has a worse average, has more wickets, is younger, can contribute with the bat, and was a key part of Englands Hong Kong Sixes win. Then you've got Tremlett, who has 275 wickets at 25 at an economy of 4.56. Surely they'd both be far better inclusions in the side.
Did a bit of stats checking...

Top ten wicket takers in List A cricket in 2008 were:
1. Jade Dernbach (econ of 6.06, strike rate of 21.2)
2. Steve Harmison
3. Samit Patel (best average in top ten)
4. Yasir Arafat
5. Graeme Swann
6. Tim Bresnan
7. David Masters (econ of 3.65)
8. Alex Wharf
9. Steve Kirby
10. Rich Pyrah

Interesting.

Member of England touring party has talked to ECB officials, they will talk to foreign office.

As it stands, they are due to leave the city for Guwhati around 2:00 tomorrow afternoon on a charter flight. Terrorist attacks have occured in the state that Guwhati is in in the past few weeks

ECB officials were already anxious about going to Guwhati. ECB make a decision to leave this tour tonight.

England may well decide to leave India ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread