India v England 2008

England should not visit Mumbai. Most, if not all, of the previous terrorist attacks were targeted at locals. These shootings are the first to target foreigners specifically, so it's especially important that the English team take precautionary measures.

Sounds to me like the tour is going to be called off tomorrow just had the guy who travels with the england team on the phone and it sounded like they're gonna be getting out of there as soon as they can.

Indian television channels are now reporting 40 people are now confirmed dead.

Television stations are also reporting western hostages at taj hotel. Stand-off currently ongoing with Indian police.

zMario added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Sounds to me like the tour is going to be called off tomorrow just had the guy who travels with the england team on the phone and it sounded like they're gonna be getting out of there as soon as they can.
I was listening to that, but to be honest, the English are well and truly in the "middle of nowhere" of India

I think first and foremost England might just need to get out of the country - go to Pakistan, UAE, wherever. Not likely to get a direct flight out of where they are to England

i dont think the tour will be called off but considering how the english are playing it would be a good move

So it looks like tour over then, I personally hope they get them out of there asap.

I was pleased with the side today. We lost but Pietersen did well, and we are improving, it doesn't help when India are playing fantastic cricket. In these conditions India have about 20% on England in every department. We do have a young side though so as long as we actually learnt something from it, it can be a positive tour.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty serious this threat. Various shooting attacks around Mumbai, over 50 people killed, with 200 injured. I think it'd be best if they got out of there, it's clearly not safe at the moment. I'd like to see them stick around and continue the tour, as we're starting to improve slowly, so by the time it got to the final day of the 2nd test we might be playing well and only lose the Test series 1-0 :p. If their safety is at risk though it'd be best to get them out of the country.

Cricket is a ridiculous proposition right now. The tour should end now so that the security that has been assigned to the English cricketers can be used to secure the country.

England should just return immediately IMO. No point hangning around when theres a fear of another bomb constantly lurking around. Cannot put lives at risk just for a sport.

This is getting serious. The terrorist group identified themselves as the the Deccan Mujahadeen. The US has offered help, but they wont interfere if not needed. Foreigners are specifically getting targeted to be held as hostages.

Ongoing. These people seem to have enough ammunition to carry on. The army has now been deployed...

is it some kind of stand off or what, maybe the tour will be cancelled, its a tough one but if this is a stand off then looks like it may be cancelled.

Saj Mahmood and Amjad Khan have been called up as cover after Andrew Flintoff and Stuart Broad injured themselves.

EDIT: Didn't realise it had been said numerous times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread